Topic locked

Bruges And Prague To Stage EPTC Events

Postby Monique

http://www.worldsnooker.com/PTC2_news%2 ... tm?tid=184

Two events on the European Players Tour Championship will be held in Bruges in Belgium and Prague in the Czech Republic.

Click here for the latest calendar, showing that EPTC2 will be in Bruges from October 1-3, and EPTC6 (the last event to decide the Order of Merit standings) will be in the Czech capital of Prague from November 18 to 21.

The other four events will be in Germany, in the cities of Furth, Russelsheim, Offenburg and Hamm.

The events are open to all professional and amateur players, Click http://www.worldsnooker.com/site_files/ ... y_pack.pdf for entry pack for EPTC1 (entry deadline July 26).

:D Yessss! Coming to Belgium!!! :D
:ba: :ba: :ba: :ba: :ba: :ba:

Re: Bruges And Prague To Stage EPTC Events

Postby SnookerFan

Monique wrote:http://www.worldsnooker.com/PTC2_news%28Bruges_And_Prague_To_Stage_EPTC_Events%29-2374.htm?tid=184

Two events on the European Players Tour Championship will be held in Bruges in Belgium and Prague in the Czech Republic.

Click here for the latest calendar, showing that EPTC2 will be in Bruges from October 1-3, and EPTC6 (the last event to decide the Order of Merit standings) will be in the Czech capital of Prague from November 18 to 21.

The other four events will be in Germany, in the cities of Furth, Russelsheim, Offenburg and Hamm.

The events are open to all professional and amateur players, Click http://www.worldsnooker.com/site_files/ ... y_pack.pdf for entry pack for EPTC1 (entry deadline July 26).

:D Yessss! Coming to Belgium!!! :D
:ba: :ba: :ba: :ba: :ba: :ba:

That'll be nice for you Mon, an event that doesn't let anybody watch, is coming to a venue near you. <laugh>

Or can you get in due to your photography? Are you allowed to take friends? :wave:

Postby Wildey

the set up for European Events will be different and there will be spectators at European Events.

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:the set up for European Events will be different and there will be spectators at European Events.

yep or else itd be pointless even holding them abroad if they were just in cubicles !!

Postby Roland

People are making too much of the spectator thing. It's pretty obvious that to start off with they're going to do it budget and then grow it into something eventually people can see with streaming and spectators etc, and obviously all European events will be played to crowds.

In Bruges - great film :santa:

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:People are making too much of the spectator thing. It's pretty obvious that to start off with they're going to do it budget and then grow it into something eventually people can see with streaming and spectators etc, and obviously all European events will be played to crowds.

In Bruges - great film :santa:

yes god people expect To much from the first 6 months the only thing that really pisses me off about the PTC this week is Live Scoring and the neglect thats had over many years now its needed more than ever and we got buck all.

World Snooker's Updating is as hopeless as it can get Globalsnooker is brilliant but it puts to much on the shoulders of janie to keep us informed.she deserves a medal but you have to expect her to get some rest.

Postby Wildey

jafinkesaurus wrote:that is the actual tournament poster btw :P

that says the EPTC is on a different Level altogether to the PTC...

they will be Audiences there thats why the poster hopefully there will be streaming or even Eurosport there after all Eurosport covered the World Series and the EPTC was meant as a extension of the World series until what happened happened with mooney.

Postby Madz

and I even know who made it! :ahh: who told ya to put Murfeo in it btw? :huh2:

Postby jafinkesaurus

Madz wrote:

you know who <(") <laugh>

brandon parker is one of the organizers so murf had to be there. now selbs on it for absolutely no reason :huh2:

Postby Madz

jafinkesaurus wrote:
Madz wrote:

brandon parker is one of the organizers so murf had to be there. now selbs on it for absolutely no reason :huh2:

<laugh> I am sure Selb will like it. You should do posters for all tournaments <cool>

Postby jafinkesaurus

Madz wrote:
jafinkesaurus wrote:
Madz wrote:

<laugh> I am sure Selb will like it. You should do posters for all tournaments <cool>

some1 has to hold the ice cream :ahh:

Postby Wildey

you got World,UK,World Open,Masters,PL,Welsh Open

if someone should be jealous its people in europe

Postby Madz

wildJONESEYE wrote:you got World,UK,World Open,Masters,PL,Welsh Open

if someone should be jealous its people in europe

<laugh> People in Europe are not that jealous, they are working on their ways to getting to UK events... <cool> maybe it's time for you guys to come to mainland Europe? ;) :innocent:

Postby Roland

Michaela says the venue for the German Masters early next year is the best snooker venue she's ever seen. Not only that, but they are going to play with 4 tables with no divides between tables. How cool an idea is that? I'm well looking forward to it now!

Postby Casey

Sonny wrote:Michaela says the venue for the German Masters early next year is the best snooker venue she's ever seen. Not only that, but they are going to play with 4 tables with no divides between tables. How cool an idea is that? I'm well looking forward to it now!

No devides? :chin: :chin: :chin: ........... :chin: :chin: yes I like it! Innovative, good luck to the cameramen/women :evilgrin:

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Michaela says the venue for the German Masters early next year is the best snooker venue she's ever seen. Not only that, but they are going to play with 4 tables with no divides between tables. How cool an idea is that? I'm well looking forward to it now!

the qualifying structure for the german open is different to other Tournaments Aswell.

1st Q Round players 33 to 64 v 65 to 96
2nd Q Round winners of first round play against each other
3rd Q Round players 17 to 32 v winners of Rnd 2

Postby Tubberlad

Class. Hearn spoke about giving each tournament it's own identity, and it's going well so far, but has he any plans for the two Chinese events and the Welsh Open?

I also think the UK Championship needs a bit of something. The Masters and World Championship are absolutely perfect, the World Open has it's FA Cup style set-up, and the European Masters will have a pool-hall feel, but the other four need a bit of identity.

Postby Casey

I was thinking about the Welsh open and I wonder what he will do with it (especially as its losing money)

The teo Chinese events however work well, they are very popular over there and I think he will keep them the same until the Chinese snooker federation think otherwise.

Postby Tubberlad

Case: The two Chinese events are crackers, that is true, and they draw in well. I think the Welsh Open would be perfect for a format change, and perhaps a re-name. I get a little bored when I hear 'China Open', 'Welsh Open', 'Irish Open' etc... a bit of imagination can go a long way.

Your feelings on the UK?

Postby Casey

The UK. Well I think this event is in a bit of trouble TBH. The attendance over the last couple of years has been shocking, really bad.

I would personally change the format

1st round – Best of 11
2nd round Best of 11
QF best of 19
SF Best of 25
F – Best of 27

It would mean in the first few days people attending can watch several matches to a conclusion instead of a 1st session King v Pinches or Fu v Dunne.

There will be more exposure for the form players later in the tournament when the crowds are a bit better and a longer final would be tip top.

What about yourself, any ideas?

Postby Tubberlad

I'm not sure identity wise. As a purist, it's my second favourite tournamemt, but I know that may not come across to those with less experience of snooker.

I might be in favour of shorter opening round if it meant a longer semi-final and final. Personally, I wouldn't mind:
1R: Best of 13
2R: Best of 17
QF: Best of 17
SF: Best of 19
F: Best of 31
However a best of 31 final is highly unlikely with Hearn in charge.

I think it's badly in need of a venue change. I've never been to Telford, and God willing I never will. Snooker fans seem almost universal in their dislike of the place. Guild Hall was always considered the best venue outside of the Crucible, and I'd love to see it return.

Identity wise, very hard to know how you're going to set it apart. It needs to be bigged up a bit as something of a Christmas World Championship. I loved the way it finished a few days before Christmas, loved it.

On a seperate note, although they were quite an active sponsor, to have Pukka Pies supporting our second biggest event is to say the least a bit embarassing.