Post a reply

PTC Prediction Comp

Postby snookerbacker

Morning Gents,

I've got some Rileys vouchers going begging and thought I'd run a prediction comp for PTC4 on the blog - just call in and enter a team in the comments box if you're interested.

Cheers
Snookerbacker

Re: PTC Prediction Comp

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

snookerbacker wrote:Gotcha John - just added you to my Twitter account - cheers and GL.

Sound. Put you on me twitter radar too.

Postby snookerbacker

This will be a new regular feature of the blog, within an hour I managed to find a future competition sponsor for all events :idea2: .

The prizes will take the form of free bets but are pretty decent amounts, more details to follow!

Postby Rocket_ron

snookerbacker wrote:This will be a new regular feature of the blog, within an hour I managed to find a future competition sponsor for all events :idea2: .

The prizes will take the form of free bets but are pretty decent amounts, more details to follow!

SB your brilliant, and from mersyside <ok>

Postby Rocket_ron

snookerbacker wrote:Shucks........ :shy:

Dont be embarrassed mate, your Blog is the best i've come across. better than Dave hendon marmite.

Postby Roland

I entered before seeing this too :santa:

Postby Tubberlad

Rocket, I can't really go along with your views on Hendon's blog. I think Hendon is on the mark about 95% of the time. You can't really compare the two blogs, as SB said himself. One is a more light hearted look at the game and has a strong focus on betting, the other is a man's views on the game. Both fine blogs, but impossible to compare.

Postby Roland

I like Hendon's words myself, although I see them on his blog so why the need to double them up on here every day is beyond me but hey, if that's what people want to do :huh2:

Postby Rocket_ron

Sonny wrote:I like Hendon's words myself, although I see them on his blog so why the need to double them up on here every day is beyond me but hey, if that's what people want to do :huh2:

yes sonny i find quoting hendons blog on this forum frustrating, if i want to read his blog i will visit his page. simples

Postby Rocket_ron

thetubberlad wrote:Rocket, I can't really go along with your views on Hendon's blog. I think Hendon is on the mark about 95% of the time. You can't really compare the two blogs, as SB said himself. One is a more light hearted look at the game and has a strong focus on betting, the other is a man's views on the game. Both fine blogs, but impossible to compare.

yes light hearted <ok> :D

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:I like Hendon's words myself, although I see them on his blog so why the need to double them up on here every day is beyond me but hey, if that's what people want to do :huh2:

it alows people to discuss whats said imediatly without the delay that occurs on the blog.

Postby Roland

Fair enough, I'm not stopping anyone from doing it. I'll do it myself if the subject matter is something I'd like to talk about at length, I was just merely thinking aloud about the current frequency.

Postby Rocket_ron

Sonny wrote:Fair enough, I'm not stopping anyone from doing it. I'll do it myself if the subject matter is something I'd like to talk about at length, I was just merely thinking aloud about the current frequency.

agreed

Postby The Cueist

rocket_ron wrote:
Sonny wrote:Fair enough, I'm not stopping anyone from doing it. I'll do it myself if the subject matter is something I'd like to talk about at length, I was just merely thinking aloud about the current frequency.

agreed

Even i am inclined to agree,I hav'nt been online for a few months but when i have browsed Snooker Island on my mobile i too have thought how often D H pops up in posts as well. <ok>

To be honest i prefer to watch Snooker these day's and not be bored with every detail and mundane minituae about the game.

I suppose you could say i am a prime time follower of snooker these days and i prefer the big matches,UK ,Masters ,World's.

Without meaning to sound arrogant ,I want to watch and talk about the top 32 with the top 10 being my keenest viewing.

I dont read blogs to form my opinions and feel i dont need telling who is a good snooker player as i know what is when i see it.

Then again i am not overly interested in the lower rank players,Whichever of them are good enough to break through the ranks then i will kniw they are good because i keep seeing them on the BBC.

Thing is Sonny ,Are you saying that the blogs and associated post's are taking this forums identity away?

Maybe i have got this wrong,Please explain your position and how you see it.

And wild i am not on a wum trip to wind you up either.

If you and other's like Dave's blogs then that is fair enough also. <ok>

It doesnt really affect me either way.

Just interested to see how Dave Hendon's blogs are affecting this forum's identity. :chin:

Postby Rocket_ron

The Cueist wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:

agreed

Even i am inclined to agree,I hav'nt been online for a few months but when i have browsed Snooker Island on my mobile i too have thought how often D H pops up in posts as well. <ok>

To be honest i prefer to watch Snooker these day's and not be bored with every detail and mundane minituae about the game.

I suppose you could say i am a prime time follower of snooker these days and i prefer the big matches,UK ,Masters ,World's.

Without meaning to sound arrogant ,I want to watch and talk about the top 32 with the top 10 being my keenest viewing.

I dont read blogs to form my opinions and feel i dont need telling who is a good snooker player as i know what is when i see it.

Then again i am not overly interested in the lower rank players,Whichever of them are good enough to break through the ranks then i will kniw they are good because i keep seeing them on the BBC.

Thing is Sonny ,Are you saying that the blogs and associated post's are taking this forums identity away?

Maybe i have got this wrong,Please explain your position and how you see it.

And wild i am not on a wum trip to wind you up either.

If you and other's like Dave's blogs then that is fair enough also. <ok>

It doesnt really affect me either way.

Just interested to see how Dave Hendon's blogs are affecting this forum's identity. :chin:

My oppinion is that im sick of seeing Dave hendon everywhere and it is affecting the forum

Postby Roland

It's not affecting the forum that much. My position is that on every PC I use (3 mainly plus a couple of phones - one work one personal) I have his blog bookmarked because I enjoy reading it. I think he hits the nail on the head with 90% of his observations and he has my utmost respect as a snooker journalist.

What I'm saying is I'm merely pointing out that recently the vast majority of his blog entries have made it onto the forum with their own topic. But then his is the most active blog out there and if people want to talk about what he has to say then fine, go ahead. But if it's just copying and pasting for the hell of it because there's something new then think first if it's worth it.

I'm not having a pop at anyone who does this and I have done in the past and will continue to do so if I think it's something worth discussion.

I certainly don't share rocket's opinion above this post. And this topic has now been taken over by talk of it and it's a topic started by an equally good blogger Snookerbacker who deserves similar treatment on some of his blog entries.

Postby Wildey

its not affecting this forums identity.

Dave Hendon brings interesting information about the world of snooker in to the mainstream whitch other blogs and forum latch on to without saying who gave you the information or where you got it you are in breach of copy right.

if a member of this forum sees what dave sais as interesting or snookerbacker or any other forum or blog its only right you say where you got the information from.

if Rocket Ron wants to go to Bristol and wait outside WPBSA Headquarters to give us a exclusive story that other forums can copy then be my guess.

this forum discusses what they hear thanx to Sonny and also the help of sickpotter its moving on to exclusive interviews that the likes of ROS or other forums has copied from here.

its called spreading the word about this game why make such a big fuss about nothing.

granted we dont need to copy every story some are trivial but keep things in perspective and dont go getting your knickers in a twist.

Postby Rocket_ron

snookerbacker wrote:its called spreading the word about this game why make such a big fuss about nothing

I'd second that.

theres a big difference between spreading the word and copy and pasting every single litle thing hendon or others say. i think its being abused.

every morning or every other morning i log on to find yet another dave hendon quote. its getting too much.
it started with monique doing it, which i accepted as "speading the word" but now im finding lots of different members quoting and it seems as its all a race to beat monique its all a contest who can quote the most blogs

Postby Wildey

rocket_ron wrote:
snookerbacker wrote:its called spreading the word about this game why make such a big fuss about nothing

I'd second that.

theres a big difference between spreading the word and copy and pasting every single litle thing hendon or others say. i think its being abused.

every morning or every other morning i log on to find yet another dave hendon quote. its getting too much.
it started with monique doing it, which i accepted as "speading the word" but now im finding lots of different members quoting and it seems as its all a race to beat monique its all a contest who can quote the most blogs

unlike you competing to see if you can out smiley smart <doh>

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:

I'd second that.

unlike you competing to see if you can out smiley smart <doh>

:bs: I dont tho.

Postby Roland

I'd second that.

That's a fair comment.

I also had in mind when I set this forum up that TSF and the now defunct 147.com both streamed every Hendon blog, one with his own section repeating and the other with a news feed which was just his blog and nothing else and I didn't want to be another clone. But seriously, I have no problem in it if people want to do it. Go ahead. And I'm glad we had this debate about it so I can say my piece.

Postby Rocket_ron

Sonny wrote:And I'm glad we had this debate about it so I can say my piece.

yes thats what forums are about. saying ones piece <ok>

I've said mine.