Post a reply

Betfred World Championship (Wed May 2nd) Quarter-Finals

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Saturday 21st of April~Monday 7th of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

It's the day to decide who comes through to the Semi-Finals, Kyren Wilson and Barry Hawkins both require just two frames to win their matches, would be Kyren's first Semi and Hawkins an amazing 5th in 6 years, whilst 4 time World Champion John Higgins trails Judd Trump 5-3, and Ali Carter v Mark Williams are locked at 4 frames apiece.

Can Ding Junhui and/or Mark Allen launch a comeback to win the match, or will we see confortable victories from the players well in front? And will the other 2 Quarter-Finals remain close or will one player manage to pull away?

All to be seen, and a place at the Semi-Finals and the amazing one-table setup up for grabs.

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Wednesday 2nd of May

10am

John Higgins 3-5 Judd Trump Higgins leads 19-9
**Ding Junhui 5-11 Barry Hawkins Tied at 7-7

2.30pm

**Mark Allen 5-11 Kyren Wilson Wilson leads 6-5
Mark Williams 4-4 Ali Carter Williams leads 14-12

7pm

**John Higgins 3-5 Judd Trump Higgins leads 19-9
**Mark Williams 4-4 Ali Carter Williams leads 14-12

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Re: Betfred World Championship (Wed May 2nd) Quarter-Finals

Postby GJ

Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Tommorow evening should be good.

Could be a classic evening, with both matches ending 13-12 o 13-11, thats what I hope.

:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Postby GJ

Andre147 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Good luck Ding

He'll need plenty of it and a little help from Hawkins.

A lot of help and Hawk is tougher these days

Postby GJ

Andre147 wrote:Kyren should get the job done easily, Hawkins might start to get a bit nervous but shouldn't lose from that sort of position.

Ding has to win first 4 to have any hope.

Postby TheRocket

Hawkins has proven those last years that he can cope very well with the pressure. Thats why he has that good Cruclbe record and he even beat Ronnie and Robertson in deciders. Even if Ding was to win the first four frames to go 9:11 to the MSI Hawkins would stay cool.

Postby GJ

That match with robbo the final session was I quote Wildey one of the best sessions ever at the crucible.

Funnily enough that was the last time robbo played any good here.

Postby GJ

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I miss peak Robertson.

He can dominate opponents fearfully when on song. His talent deserves more than 1 WC

I have consigned myself to the fact he wont win another world title , took his eye off the ball since 2015 and is full of excuses which he never was in his peak.

Postby TheRocket

GJ wrote:That match with robbo the final session was I quote Wildey one of the best sessions ever at the crucible.

Not just the final session. That match in general was one of the best I've seen at the Crucible. From Robbos point of view it was obviously sickening to see Hawkins next match against Murphy though. The typical post-Beast mode match of Hawkins.

However. When coming back to this. I doubt there's any chance for Ding in this. And if Hawkins wins this match comfortably we might finally see some good stuff from Hawkins in the semis.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

GJ wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:I miss peak Robertson.

He can dominate opponents fearfully when on song. His talent deserves more than 1 WC

I have consigned myself to the fact he wont win another world title , took his eye off the ball since 2015 and is full of excuses which he never was in his peak.

Yeah - I never saw it coming though. Though he would be up there for years. There was a tournament earlier this season (English Open?) when he briefly hit great form again.

Postby GJ

TheRocket wrote:
GJ wrote:That match with robbo the final session was I quote Wildey one of the best sessions ever at the crucible.

Not just the final session. That match in general was one of the best I've seen at the Crucible. From Robbos point of view it was obviously sickening to see Hawkins next match against Murphy though. The typical post-Beast mode match of Hawkins.

However. When coming back to this. I doubt there's any chance for Ding in this. And if Hawkins wins this match comfortably we might finally see some good stuff from Hawkins in the semis.

When he breezed past ding in 2013 quarter he won the semi despite being bad , walden was awful.

Postby TheRocket

GJ wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

When he breezed past ding in 2013 quarter he won the semi despite being bad , walden was awful.

yeah true. But that was his first experience ever in the semis. This time he obviously knows what it means to play in a semi. And even a final. Hope he can play to the best of his ability this time. I don't wanna see another semi with Hawkins ruining it.

Postby Iranu

I swear to bucking God, if Carter beats MJW now, and assuming Ding doesn't pull off a miracle, I'm done with this tournament.

Well no I'm not, because I'm not a child.

Hopefully Judd beats Higgins so we're guaranteed a new winner at least if MJW doesn't win.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:Who do you think is more likely to win another World Title?

Robbo or ROS?

Still Ronnie for me but as a 42 year old there is also the race against the time factor. Even if he says he'll play until 50 I can't see him playing to a high enough level in his late 40's to win the World title. He should better win it in near future.

With Robbo I think there is a serious decline in his game. His long potting and safety game doesnt seem to be as good as it used to be imo.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Iranu wrote:I swear to bucking God, if Carter beats MJW now, and assuming Ding doesn't pull off a miracle, I'm done with this tournament.

Well no I'm not, because I'm not a child.

Hopefully Judd beats Higgins so we're guaranteed a new winner at least if MJW doesn't win.

You are a loyal fan. I am sure you will still be hear.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Who do you think is more likely to win another World Title?

Robbo or ROS?

Still Ronnie for me but as a 42 year old there is also the race against the time factor. Even if he says he'll play until 50 I can't see him playing to a high enough level in his late 40's to win the World title. He should better win it in near future.

With Robbo I think there is a serious decline in his game. His long potting and safety game doesnt seem to be as good as it used to be imo.

All players have had bad pacthes in their careers... this could be Robbo's 2010/2011 season like ROS had it... I know he hasnt played consistenly well since he won the UK in 2015, but for Robbo there's much more time to turn it around than ROS.