Post a reply

Will We ever see them again?

Postby Rocket_ron

Players like mathew stevens, Ken Doherty and a few others. We would all dearly love to see these players back in the top 16.

Will this new ranking stucture make it easy for them to break back into the elite?

Your thoughts please

R-ron

Re: Will We ever see them again?

Postby Roland

It will make it easier for them yes, but they've got to produce the goods. I would give both of them a reasonable chance of getting back in, maybe Stevens more than Doherty but they've still got to start producing. At least from Matthew's point of view he's qualified for China so that won't do him any harm. Where is he provisionally anyway? I mean provisionally for the next rankings refresh.

Postby Wildey

mathew stevens got a good chance to get in the top 16 this window but when points he got for the barhain final 2008 gets taken away very soon he will be dropping out unless he has good runs to plug that hole.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:It will make it easier for them yes, but they've got to produce the goods. I would give both of them a reasonable chance of getting back in, maybe Stevens more than Doherty but they've still got to start producing. At least from Matthew's point of view he's qualified for China so that won't do him any harm. Where is he provisionally anyway? I mean provisionally for the next rankings refresh.

stevens is 19th http://prosnookerblog.com/rankings/2010 ... -rankings/
2000 points off the top 16

Postby Alex0paul

Ken should have a good chance aswell because he doesn't have many points to defend this season.

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul WC wrote:Ken should have a good chance aswell because he doesn't have many points to defend this season.

yup he had a abysmal 2008/2009 season winning just 7794 points in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:It will make it easier for them yes, but they've got to produce the goods. I would give both of them a reasonable chance of getting back in, maybe Stevens more than Doherty but they've still got to start producing. At least from Matthew's point of view he's qualified for China so that won't do him any harm. Where is he provisionally anyway? I mean provisionally for the next rankings refresh.

What? Doherty has qualified for a lot more tournaments recently then Stevens has. Did Stevens qualify for anything last season?

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:

What? Doherty has qualified for a lot more tournaments recently then Stevens has. Did Stevens qualify for anything last season?

4 out of the 6