Topic locked

Sky to televise highlights

Postby SnookerFan

From the World Snooker website;

Sky To Televise World Seniors Championship
Sky Sports will screen seven one-hour highlights programmes from the new World Seniors Championship over the Christmas period.

This follows the recent announcement that Sky will televise the World Snooker Shoot-Out in January.

The World Seniors Championship is one of several new events added to the calendar this year, with World Snooker Chairman Barry Hearn leading a new era for the sport.

The tournament runs from November 5 to 7 at the Cedar Court Hotel in Bradford, with legends such as Steve Davis, Dennis Taylor, Cliff Thorburn, Joe Johnson, John Parrott and Jimmy White aiming to provide a celebration of snooker for fans.

Hearn said: "We're delighted to have brought Sky back into the fold as they haven't screened a World Snooker event since 2004. This announcement about the World Seniors follows hot on the heels of their decision to televise the Shoot-Out and shows that we've been able to rekindle Sky's enthusiasm for snooker.

"The Seniors event should be fantastic viewing for fans of all ages so it's great news that Sky will be bringing it to a wider audience."

This is a start I suppose, but a very small one. Not everybody has Sky Sports, and we are being shown one-hour higlights on a delay of over a month.... Not looking good that they'll televise it in 3-D. <doh>

Re: Sky to televise highlights

Postby Casey

We will have a ranking event on Sky next season, it will probably be short format with some of the matches played before the TV stages, but they will have something.

ITV4 will also have an event <ok>

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Hendry?

Hendry not playing ...

Postby N_Castle07

wildJONESEYE wrote:

Hendry not playing ...

i can't see Hendry entering this event for another 4 years. But if he did i could see him winning 7 world titles easy with Doherty and Ebdon winning a few.

Postby N_Castle07

I hope this years draw has Davis and White in different halfs that wouild be a good old school final.

Postby Wildey

N_Castle07 wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

Hendry not playing ...

i can't see Hendry entering this event for another 4 years. But if he did i could see him winning 7 world titles easy with Doherty and Ebdon winning a few.

anything with senior in the title hendry will give it a wide birth.

he only entered last season's 110 sport event because they changed it from senior to legends lol

Postby SnookerFan

Was it Sonny who said if Sky would cover snooker, they would cover it? Sky's idea of covering = showing the odd frame, six weeks after the event happens. :ba: :ba: :ba:

Postby Roland

But this is the seniors, it's like them covering the trick shots - they film it then show it over christmas

Postby Wildey

see it another way after turkey,mince pies getting ratt fussed drunk you got a choice watching eastenders and corrie christmas buck about or watching some snooker <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:But this is the seniors, it's like them covering the trick shots - they film it then show it over christmas

I know. I was just taking the snake hiss. <laugh>

It'd be nice to watch it live though.