Post a reply

Should we abolish player's wearing wasictoasts and trousers?

Postby SnookerFan

This whole fotballshirtgate has got me thinking. Is it necessary that players wear waistcoats and trousers? It can't be comfortable to play, and it doesn't really add anything to the sport.

Why not let the players wear something more comfortable? I'm not saying there should be no dress code. But why not let the players wear something less restrictive? I can't believe playing dressed in wasictoasts and trousers aids you in a game where you have to bend and stretch.

Also, in a game that we are often told is dull, I can't imagine guys walking out in penguin suits helps. It makes the players look stuffy. We're already told there's no characters in the games. Why dress them in costumes that only really appeal to the grandmas?

Re: Should we abolish player's wearing wasictoasts and trous

Postby The_Abbott

There will be some scruffy buggars if you took away the waistcoats.

I mean Hamilton already looks like he's slept in a dumpster - do we need anymore scruffy players?

Some of the youngsters would start wearing skinny jeans which will make stretching for a long red impossible.

Postby SnookerFan

The_Abbott wrote:There will be some scruffy buggars if you took away the waistcoats.

I mean Hamilton already looks like he's slept in a dumpster - do we need anymore scruffy players?

Some of the youngsters would start wearing skinny jeans which will make stretching for a long red impossible.

At least that would be their choice, and not forced on them.

Postby The_Abbott

SnookerFan wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:There will be some scruffy buggars if you took away the waistcoats.

At least that would be their choice, and not forced on them.

This isn't the 22nd century. They should be forced to wear waistcoats!

Postby LeonD123

I hope they will never change that. Some part of the audience also got attracted by the fancy dress code before falling in love with the game.

I remember one event or league, they were allowed to wear polo shirts. They looked like american pool players.

Wearing a suit is very comfortable if it fits you properly and the quality of the fabric is good.

Last edited by LeonD123 on 25 Apr 2018, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Pink Ball

SnookerFan wrote:This whole fotballshirtgate has got me thinking. Is it necessary that players wear waistcoats and trousers? It can't be comfortable to play, and it doesn't really add anything to the sport.

Why not let the players wear something more comfortable? I'm not saying there should be no dress code. But why not let the players wear something less restrictive? I can't believe playing dressed in wasictoasts and trousers aids you in a game where you have to bend and stretch.

Also, in a game that we are often told is dull, I can't imagine guys walking out in penguin suits helps. It makes the players look stuffy. We're already told there's no characters in the games. Why dress them in costumes that only really appeal to the grandmas?

You make me ill

Postby Iranu

Snooker's dress code is perfect. It's half the reason I decided to keep watching that fateful day that began my love affair with the sport.

It doesn't make players look stuffy. It makes them look smart.

Postby LeonD123

Iranu wrote:Snooker's dress code is perfect. It's half the reason I decided to keep watching that fateful day that began my love affair with the sport.

It doesn't make players look stuffy. It makes them look smart.

Exactly.

I think some people underestimate the power of clothing.

Just try to enter a public place wearing a nice suit, and do the same with flip-flops and cargo trousers. People's reactions will be very different.

People judge you by your appearance within the first seconds. It's been like this for centuries and will remain.

Imagine a young lady turning her TV on. She doesn't know anything about snooker or american pool. The chances of her not switching to another channel is far greater with snooker. :love:

There are many reasons why snooker is way more popular than american pool. And the smart dress code is one of them.

Postby Iranu

LeonD123 wrote:
Imagine a young lady turning her TV on. She doesn't know anything about snooker or american pool. The chances of her not switching to another channel is far greater with snooker. :love:

0% chance of changing channel if Jack Lisowski is at the table.

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:This whole fotballshirtgate has got me thinking. Is it necessary that players wear waistcoats and trousers? It can't be comfortable to play, and it doesn't really add anything to the sport.

You make me ill

Good.

Postby SnookerFan

LeonD123 wrote:Just try to enter a public place wearing a nice suit, and do the same with flip-flops and cargo trousers. People's reactions will be very different.

People who give you approval based on what you wear, are not worth seeking approval of.

Postby Chalk McHugh

SnookerFan wrote:
LeonD123 wrote:Just try to enter a public place wearing a nice suit, and do the same with flip-flops and cargo trousers. People's reactions will be very different.

People who give you approval based on what you wear, are not worth seeking approval of.

+1

Dont judge a book by it's cover.