Post a reply

3 year plan

Postby Wildey

the Job of rebuilding snooker has begun with more Tournaments than ever before being played this season but some aren't happy with the direction its taken ie un televised PTC For starters but its only 7 months since he was made chairman and 2 months since he took over the sport so i think personally things are looking up and will get better very soon.

anyway my question is realistically where would you like snooker to be in 3 years time. what would you do if you was given control of snooker ?

i said realistically and not fairy tale.

Re: 3 year plan

Postby Wildey

rocket_ron wrote:i would be happy with snooker on tv every week or at least every 2 weeks

slightly unrealistic considering the BBC Wants to go from 4 to 3 tournaments as it is.

this could be the last Grand Prix/World Open on The BBC Contract expires after this year.

Postby Wildey

in 3 years time id like to see

9 Ranking tournaments varied formats even bring back round robin but players only gets payed for frames won in the round robin phase

then the PTC as a tenth ranking tournament but all streamed online play up to 12 like this year but take it around this country the same as the EPTC in europe then the top 24 in the PTC Series playing in the TV Finals.

then the masters obviously keep it roughly like it is but get rid of wild cards.

then a team event similar to the mosconi cup in pool where they incorporate doubles and singles in to a team event.....

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:i would be happy with snooker on tv every week or at least every 2 weeks

slightly unrealistic considering the BBC Wants to go from 4 to 3 tournaments as it is.

this could be the last Grand Prix/World Open on The BBC Contract expires after this year.

i didn't say anything about bbc did I?