Post a reply

the ZHANGER season 2010/2011

Postby Smart

This thread is to monitor the progress (hopefully) of Zhanger.

The reason for raising this thread is because I believe he is a very talented young player and not "run of the mill". No sir.
I was impressed with his composure, bottle, shot choice and breakbuilding.

Zhanger <cool>

Re: the ZHANGER season 2010/2011

Postby Wildey

he is no way a run of the mill 2010 young player thats for sure he is measured sort of Cliff Thorburnesque type but a bit quicker.

the type who can compete with journeymen to get through the ranks quicker in my opinion.

Postby Smart

wildJONESEYE wrote:he is no way a run of the mill 2010 young player thats for sure he is measured sort of Cliff Thorburnesque type but a bit quicker.

the type who can compete with journeymen to get through the ranks quicker in my opinion.

<ok>

I want to see him build up some momentum. Got a feeling his best will be shown in longer matches but that does not tally with the way the season pans out (mostly short format stuff)........so he needs to get a good start and some luck along the way. Will post up his potential route for the Shanghai Masters a little later. <ok>

Postby Smart

Postby Wildey

Jak Jones should be straightforward really then its Paul Davies very experienced journeyman he could beat him but i fancy Zhang strongly then Pettman i think that will be his first test.

Postby Smart

wildJONESEYE wrote:Jak Jones should be straightforward really then its Paul Davies very experienced journeyman he could beat him but i fancy Zhang strongly then Pettman i think that will be his first test.

Paul Davies is a proper journeyman, BUT I am not bigging Zhanger up too much cos I know he does not get flustered by things. Just hope he gets a decent start - he needs some momentum early season.

I think I would back him against most of those players, but short format sometimes means a bit of running can decide things.

I am now in snooker mode having seen that draw today. <ok>

Postby Wildey

i think he has a genuine chance to make shanghai....

Stevens is so not with it in any tournament these days and hes never been strong in short matches even in his prime so as a top 32 player no disrespect to stevens but thats a dream draw for zhang.

Postby Smart

wildJONESEYE wrote:i think he has a genuine chance to make shanghai....

Stevens is so not with it in any tournament these days and hes never been strong in short matches even in his prime so as a top 32 player no disrespect to stevens but thats a dream draw for zhang.

Each of those players has some degree of weakness or fallibility in their game - right thru to Wenny (who is total opposite to Zhanger).

Stevens loses a lot of best of 9 matches, and I'd hedge a bet a lot of them a 5-4 losses.

<ok>

Postby Casey

I seen the first session against Hendry, for the first 4 frames I was sitting very comfortably in my seat, a bit smug even at how well Hendry was going along. Then it all changed, Zhang found some form out of nowhere and Hendry was lucky to get out of that session 5-4 up.

He handled the Crucible pressure really well, if he can cope there he can cope anywhere on the circuit.

Postby Smart

Further studying of the draw for Shanghai Masters shows that all of Zhangers matches will be 2.30pm starters. I will therefore be able to follow at least the 2nd half of his matches as the week progresses on LIVE scoring.

Selty's matches are mornings................

Good luck Zhanger <ok>

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:Further studying of the draw for Shanghai Masters shows that all of Zhangers matches will be 2.30pm starters. I will therefore be able to follow at least the 2nd half of his matches as the week progresses on LIVE scoring.

Good luck Zhanger <ok>

To be honest theres no guarantee Live Scoring will be available :grrr:

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:Further studying of the draw for Shanghai Masters shows that all of Zhangers matches will be 2.30pm starters. I will therefore be able to follow at least the 2nd half of his matches as the week progresses on LIVE scoring.

Good luck Zhanger <ok>

:|

Postby Smart

wildJONESEYE wrote:

Good luck Zhanger <ok>

This is ranking snooker ............................. :grrr: :mood: :grrr: :mood:

If its not then I am gonna do my nut. <ok>

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

Good luck Zhanger <ok>

This is ranking snooker ............................. :grrr: :mood: :grrr: :mood:

If its not then I am gonna do my nut. <ok>

yes proper snooker hey smart :wave:

i like ranking :redneck:

Postby Wildey

Just Hope this Message will change to something more possitive very soon <ok>

Live Scoring is currently unavailable due to essential maintenance.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused and normal service will resume as soon as possible.

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:Just Hope this Message will change to something more possitive very soon <ok>

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and normal service will resume as soon as possible.

:rude: :rude: :argue: :wild2: :shake: :sylvester:

Postby Smart

wildJONESEYE wrote:Just Hope this Message will change to something more possitive very soon <ok>

Right well, that message is now HOW OLD..............?

Essential maintenance to me is fixing a broken window, or a leaking pipe.............. so what is the essential maintenance here. The fact that WSA website is very slow and is probably not capable to do what it is trying to do.

My solution would be:

Take all the photos and crap that add zero value to me, and must be using up MB of space. Not sure as I am not a computer prof but more capability should not be an issue in this day and age.

I want LIVE scoring for Monday - or I'm gonna be cheesed off - FACT. <ok>

:shake: :sylvester: :wave:

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:

Right well, that message is now HOW OLD..............?

Essential maintenance to me is fixing a broken window, or a leaking pipe.............. so what is the essential maintenance here. The fact that WSA website is very slow and is probably not capable to do what it is trying to do.

My solution would be:

Take all the photos and crap that add zero value to me, and must be using up MB of space. Not sure as I am not a computer prof but more capability should not be an issue in this day and age.

I want LIVE scoring for Monday - or I'm gonna be cheesed off - FACT. <ok>

:shake: :sylvester: :wave:

Factosmarto :redneck:

Postby Smart

No live scoring means the business of following snooker at qualifiers is more frustrating than ever. We get by at the moment with relayed scores from Janie @ Global Snooker.com.

Well that was squeaky bum time........ Zhanger begins the campaign in earnest with a hard fought, and drawn out affair - winning 5-4.

His match was the last to finish in the afternoon session.

Next up on the crusade to qualify for Shanghai is experienced journeyman Paul Davies. Its a winnable match for Zhanger but just a quick scan of the frame scores - it appears he was not scoring very heavily. Perhaps the balls went scrappy a lot, it happens, but an improvement I would say is required from this point forwards.

Zhanger :D

Jack Jones :wave: