Post a reply

Listen to this about Ding.

Postby SnookerFan

Born in Yixing, Jiangsu in China, Ding began playing snooker at 8 years old after his father, a pool enthusiast, took him along to practice with a professional at a local pool hall. When his father went for a toilet break, Ding took the cue and played with the professional. Upon his father's return, Ding had won the game. Following that moment, Ding's parents supported his playing skills. At age 9, his father took him to the training centre of the Chinese national snooker team near Shanghai, and persuaded his mother to sell their home and grocery business in order for Ding to continue playing snooker as a career.[8] The family then moved to Dongguan, Guangdong, and Ding stopped his education at age 11 to practice snooker for 8 hours each day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ding_Junhui

:shock:

Re: Listen to this about Ding.

Postby Holden Chinaski

I know, it's an amazing story. Ding has sacrificed a lot for snooker. He's a great talent. Hope he wins the worlds one day. :hatoff:

Postby Cloud Strife

Holden Chinaski wrote:I know, it's an amazing story. Ding has sacrificed a lot for snooker. He's a great talent. Hope he wins the worlds one day. :hatoff:

He had alot of pressure on him as a kid to succeed, and he has done. Basically. his whole family's future well-being was dependent on him making it in snooker and that must have been tough to deal with. Proof that he is actually mentally quite strong and resilient.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:I know, it's an amazing story. Ding has sacrificed a lot for snooker. He's a great talent. Hope he wins the worlds one day. :hatoff:

He had alot of pressure on him as a kid to succeed, and he has done. Basically. his whole family's future well-being was dependent on him making it in snooker and that must have been tough to deal with. Proof that he is actually mentally quite strong and resilient.

That's just the culture in China.

I'm sure we all have stories of parental nagging / pressure. But on China it's off the scale pressure.

I've heard stories of Chinese youngsters at university, who have their mothers move in with them to make sure nothing distracts them from study.

Postby Chalk McHugh

SnookerFan wrote:It has to be asked though.

How long was his father on the bog?

Takes a bit of time to emit a houde special chow mein. Dings dads dung was the making of him.