higgins v robbo

murphy or ding v carter

maguire v allen

selby v ronnie

cant wait what a great worlds it could be this year

<cool> <cool> <cool>

Re: Possible 2nd round / Quarter final matches at the worlds

Postby Smart

Agree that there are some potentially excellent matches and at this time of year its hard not to be distracted by what is on the horizon.

Throw into the mix the excellent potential qualifiers:

Cope
Wenny
Trump
Walden
Dott
Gould
McLeod

I am now studying the qualifying draw because nothing is ever straightforward. :huh: :ahh:

Postby GJ

NedB-H wrote:What's with the Martin Gould love in on this site? :hmm: I wouldn't have him in my top 10 list of dangerous qualifiers....

he fluked one win against stevnes dont understand the love for him either

Postby Tubberlad

Martin Gould is very average, and I don't think Stevens was too bothered when he played him last year. Unfortunately Stevens rarely looks bothered. :roll:

Cope, Trump, Dott, Stevens, Wenbo are all men I'd like to avoid

Postby NedB-H

thetubberlad wrote:Martin Gould is very average, and I don't think Stevens was too bothered when he played him last year. Unfortunately Stevens rarely looks bothered. :roll:

my top ten dangerous qualifiers, in reverse order

10. Hamilton
9. Lee
8. Trump
7. Doherty
6. Swail (this being the Crucible)
5. Dott
4. Stevens
3. Walden
2. Cope (unless you're Ronnie or Higgins)
1. Liang

Postby NedB-H

Useful player, sure, but so are most of the qualifiers; I wouldn't say an in form Martin Gould was any better than an in form Peter Lines or Robert Milkins for example; they could all give a good player a shock on an off day, but I don't see any of them getting close to the top 32.

Postby Wildey

thetubberlad wrote:Martin Gould is very average, and I don't think Stevens was too bothered when he played him last year. Unfortunately Stevens rarely looks bothered. :roll:

if he dont care about playing at the crucible isnt it time he quit.

Postby Wildey

NedB-H wrote:Useful player, sure, but so are most of the qualifiers; I wouldn't say an in form Martin Gould was any better than an in form Peter Lines or Robert Milkins for example; they could all give a good player a shock on an off day, but I don't see any of them getting close to the top 32.

Gould had a good season last year this year its been a flop.

peter lines is 27th on the one year list this season next year he could get relagated off tour.

they all can play and if things goes their way they can win and get on a roll but they can also roll down hill over a cliff.