Post a reply

Ronnie gives away 147 000 Rileys junior memberships ...

Postby Monique

http://prosnookerblog.com/2010/07/26/14 ... est-break/?
Snooker superstar ‘Rocket’ Ronnie O’Sullivan is giving away 147,000 Junior Memberships to Rileys pool and snooker clubs…

Ronnie and Rileys, the UK’s largest cue sports operator, are determined to give youngsters aged 12 to 18 the chance to start developing their cue skills when the summer holidays get under way.

Rileys Ambassador Ronnie said: “I’m delighted that Rileys are letting me give away 147,000 Junior Memberships to their clubs.

“With the summer holidays just around the corner, youngsters will want to try new sports.

“Rileys clubs provide them with a safe environment surrounded by experienced staff. The clubs are good value, and in most cases just down the road. Parents can feel relaxed about them learning my game at Rileys.

“Pool and snooker are great for helping youngsters improve their ability to concentrate, and improve their maths. My maths used to be terrible!”

Rileys Chief Executive Maurice Kelly said: “Rileys are committed to developing snooker in the UK.

“We want to work with Ronnie O’Sullivan in every way to encourage young people to play snooker and pool.

“Our first-ever Future Stars competition attracted nearly 1,000 under 16s trying to become the next Ronnie O’Sullivan. They are the future of the game. We are working at grassroots to give them real opportunities.”

World Snooker Chairman Barry Hearn is backing Rileys’ massive 147,000 Junior Membership giveaway.

Hearn said: “We support any scheme that brings youngsters into snooker or pool. They are the lifeblood of the game.

“I congratulate Rileys and Ronnie on this great membership giveaway.”

Youngsters aged 12 to 18 can apply for a free Junior Membership – which is valid for one year and usually costs £5 – by going down to their locals Rileys and filling in a Junior Membership application form.

Rileys have 120 clubs across the country clubs which are being equipped with Darts Zones with six or eight extra-wide throwing lanes, Championship-quality darts boards, electronic scoring and special lighting. The FREE Junior Membership also covers use of the Darts Zones.

To find your nearest Rileys club please go to http://www.rileys.co.uk

Re: Ronnie gives away 147 000 Rileys junior memberships ...

Postby Witz78

Monique wrote:http://prosnookerblog.com/2010/07/26/147-thousand-rocket-ronnies-biggest-break/?
Snooker superstar ‘Rocket’ Ronnie O’Sullivan is giving away 147,000 Junior Memberships to Rileys pool and snooker clubs…

Ronnie and Rileys, the UK’s largest cue sports operator, are determined to give youngsters aged 12 to 18 the chance to start developing their cue skills when the summer holidays get under way.

Rileys Ambassador Ronnie said: “I’m delighted that Rileys are letting me give away 147,000 Junior Memberships to their clubs.

“With the summer holidays just around the corner, youngsters will want to try new sports.

“Rileys clubs provide them with a safe environment surrounded by experienced staff. The clubs are good value, and in most cases just down the road. Parents can feel relaxed about them learning my game at Rileys.

“Pool and snooker are great for helping youngsters improve their ability to concentrate, and improve their maths. My maths used to be terrible!”

Rileys Chief Executive Maurice Kelly said: “Rileys are committed to developing snooker in the UK.

“We want to work with Ronnie O’Sullivan in every way to encourage young people to play snooker and pool.

“Our first-ever Future Stars competition attracted nearly 1,000 under 16s trying to become the next Ronnie O’Sullivan. They are the future of the game. We are working at grassroots to give them real opportunities.”

World Snooker Chairman Barry Hearn is backing Rileys’ massive 147,000 Junior Membership giveaway.

Hearn said: “We support any scheme that brings youngsters into snooker or pool. They are the lifeblood of the game.

“I congratulate Rileys and Ronnie on this great membership giveaway.”

Youngsters aged 12 to 18 can apply for a free Junior Membership – which is valid for one year and usually costs £5 – by going down to their locals Rileys and filling in a Junior Membership application form.

Rileys have 120 clubs across the country clubs which are being equipped with Darts Zones with six or eight extra-wide throwing lanes, Championship-quality darts boards, electronic scoring and special lighting. The FREE Junior Membership also covers use of the Darts Zones.

To find your nearest Rileys club please go to http://www.rileys.co.uk

This is great to hear. A new future golden generation of talent could emerge.

Its funny this happens almost hand in hand with Hearn getting into power at World Snooker, coincidence or what? The new opportunities for amateurs and youth players to progress onto the main tour and rise up the rankings quicker is also an inspiration to inspire players to emerge.

Postby SnookerFan

Could well be a marketing ploy by Hearn or by Ronnie. As you say it is a coincedence it happens a few days after the launch of Power Snooker, especially after Ronnie's comments. Damage limitation perhaps, to prove Ronnie really does love the sport.

On saying that, I think this is a fantastic thing for Ronnie to be involved in. Ronnie says snooker is boring, and we discuss it for four pages. If we're going to do that, we also have to commend him if he does something well. This seems only fair. However suspect the timing is, it's a fine gesture by Rileys and a good thing for Ronnie to be putting his name to. Hopefully this'll go some way to proving how passionate he is about the game, and will go a long way about bringing new young players in. Hopefully these youngsters will come to watch the game, as breeding new fans is paramount at the moment.

Postby Monique

Ronnie's cooperation with Rileys has been going on for over a year and started before Hearn's appointment at WBBSA. This is part of it for the new season. There will also probably be another edition of the "Future Stars".
I find it typical that when Ronnie does something daft (but hardly terrible) it's pounced over for days and when he does good things to promote the sport - which he actually does more than most players - it is suggested it's not him, it's Hearn, it's Rileys ... it's whoever ... but above all don't give Ronnie any credit!

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Could well be a marketing ploy by Hearn or by Ronnie. As you say it is a coincedence it happens a few days after the launch of Power Snooker, especially after Ronnie's comments. Damage limitation perhaps, to prove Ronnie really does love the sport.

On saying that, I think this is a fantastic thing for Ronnie to be involved in. Ronnie says snooker is boring, and we discuss it for four pages. If we're going to do that, we also have to commend him if he does something well. This seems only fair. However suspect the timing is, it's a fine gesture by Rileys and a good thing for Ronnie to be putting his name to. Hopefully this'll go some way to proving how passionate he is about the game, and will go a long way about bringing new young players in. Hopefully these youngsters will come to watch the game, as breeding new fans is paramount at the moment.

we all know Ronnie isnt actually bored with the game its just the way he puts things over gives that impression sometimes.

im glad hes putting his time and effort in to helping others get a foot hold in the game despite everything i genuanly like Ronnie and think hes a nice guy underneath..just dont speak with the kids ron ;) he might promote Pool with them <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

None of us believe Ronnie is bored with the game. Logic dictates that if he hated it as much as he says he does, he would've retired by now. He has been playing since a young age, he wouldn't still play if he was bored of it.

I think this situation is more like what we want to hear from the sport, and shows Ronnie if used properly can promote the game properly. Attaching his name to something that promotes this sport will lend it credance. As long as nobody asks his opinion on anything, it's all good.