Post a reply

Re: Alex Higgins 1949-2010

Postby Roland

Very sad news.

RIP a true legend.

Wow, I'm in shock.

Postby Wildey

it was expected he lived the life he wanted but today my childhood memories of this great game passed away with him.

he is the guy that started my love for snooker you could blame him for me being here,

it was as i say expected but jesus christ i feel numb at the moment.

Postby Roland

Let's not beat about the bush here, he was the most exciting snooker player to watch of all time. And easily so.

Postby Smart

On a purely selfish note, I am expecting a thorough BBC documentary on the great man PDQ.

Today I re-watched the 85 final programme (complete with John McBride guest appearance, boy he speaks quick).

RIP the Hurricane. <ok>

Postby Eirebilly

Sad news, i am totally gutted. He will always be a legend to me. Thanks for the memories Alex. RIP Hurricane

Postby Tubberlad

I have to admit I shed a tear, something I thought I was too proud to do. This man is a hero of mine, Rest in peace to the greatest Irish snooker player of all time. On another note: will any of the Irish lads be going to pay their respects? I might just do that, other end of the country or not.

Postby Alex0paul

Sean Boru is talking about him on SSN at the moment

Postby Smart

thetubberlad wrote:I have to admit I shed a tear, something I thought I was too proud to do. This man is a hero of mine, Rest in peace to the greatest Irish snooker player of all time. On another note: will any of the Irish lads be going to pay their respects? I might just do that, other end of the country or not.

Tubs <ok>

I think he was a one-off, and snooker owes him big time. Very sad news....... but I think it was expected for some time, seeing the recent photos has been sickening.

Postby Alex0paul

StalinESQ wrote:
Alex0paul WC wrote:Sean Boru is talking about him on SSN at the moment

I'm watching arrows - what is he saying....... :chin:

That it was a shock but most people close to him didn't expect him to make the end of the year. Steve is talking about his competitive instinct and how he drew crowds.

Postby Roland

If you all want to leave your tributes in this topic I will collate them into a blog entry in memorium in a few days time.

Postby Alex0paul

Dennis Taylor on BBC News talking about him

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

thetubberlad wrote:I have to admit I shed a tear, something I thought I was too proud to do. This man is a hero of mine, Rest in peace to the greatest Irish snooker player of all time. On another note: will any of the Irish lads be going to pay their respects? I might just do that, other end of the country or not.

Just come off the phone to a Snooker face, looking at getting up there for the funeral. So I'll probably be heading up.

StalinESQ wrote:On a purely selfish note, I am expecting a thorough BBC documentary on the great man PDQ.

Today I re-watched the 85 final programme (complete with John McBride guest appearance, boy he speaks quick).

RIP the Hurricane. <ok>

Send me the link to that please Stalin.

Postby Smart

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:On a purely selfish note, I am expecting a thorough BBC documentary on the great man PDQ.

RIP the Hurricane. <ok>

I SKY+ it (the 85 final programme). I expect a Higgins documentary very shortly. <ok>

Sonny wrote:If you all want to leave your tributes in this topic I will collate them into a blog entry in memorium in a few days time.

http://prosnookerblog.com/2010/01/01/jo ... -part-one/

Would you mind putting this link in there Sonny as it includes the story of when I last met him in December down in the 6 Reds WC in Kilarney.

Postby Lucky

Very sad. Another genius programmed for self destruction.

StalinESQ wrote:
JohnFromLondonTown wrote:

RIP the Hurricane. <ok>

I SKY+ it (the 85 final programme). I expect a Higgins documentary very shortly. <ok>

OK Cool, not to worry. Thanks anyway. I feel rather sombre to be honest. :sad:

The funeral will be fuckin' massive. <ok>

Postby Alex0paul

He will be giving Hunter a good few battles now.