Post a reply

Pay Packet

Postby N_Castle07

Below is a list of the earnings of the snooker players in the top 16. I think it will be interesting to look again at this in a few years to see how much the players are better off under Hearn. The earnings don’t take into consideration the high bracket tax the players will have to pay or earnings they may earn from sponsors. This list is there career earnings.

John Higgins £4,833,480.00
Neil Robertson £498,995.00
Ronnie O’Sullivan £6,056,010.00
Allister Carter £922,380.00
Ding Junhui £500,725.00
Stephen Maguire £818,450.00
Shaun Murphy £1,052,845.00
Mark Williams £3,735,380.00
Mark Selby £798,975.00
Mark Allen £218,260.00
Stephen Hendry £8,637,360.00
Ryan Day £449,105.00
Graeme Dott £1,253,215.00
Marco Fu £990,290.00
Mark King £871,935.00
Liang Wenbo £78,910.00

Below I’ve divided the career earnings by the number of years the players have been playing to give an estimated average figure of the players yearly earnings before tax.

John Higgins £268,526.67
Neil Robertson £41,582.92
Ronnie O’Sullivan £336,445.00
Allister Carter £65,884.29
Ding Junhui £71,532.14
Stephen Maguire £68,204.17
Shaun Murphy £87,737.08
Mark Williams £207,521.11
Mark Selby £72,634.09
Mark Allen £43,652.00
Stephen Hendry £345,494.40
Ryan Day £40,827.73
Graeme Dott £78,325.94
Marco Fu £82,524.17
Mark King £45,891.32
Liang Wenbo £15,782.00

Re: Pay Packet

Postby N_Castle07

StalinESQ wrote:Liang could earn more per year at ASDA. <laugh>

It would be interesting to know how much tax the players pay and also the cut there managerment companies take from there earnings.

Postby SnookerFan

If somebody offered you a job, though, £15k a year for playing snooker, plenty of time off between tournaments, and allowed to play exhibitions and deal with sponsors to make more money, ask yourself the following question. Would you go; "No, buck off, I'd prefer to work in Asda"?

Postby Casey

SnookerFan wrote:

If somebody offered you a job, though, £15k a year for playing snooker, plenty of time off between tournaments, and allowed to play exhibitions and deal with sponsors to make more money, ask yourself the following question. Would you go; "No, buck off, I'd prefer to work in Asda"?

Thorw in a 5% staff discount on all goods and I would consider ASDA <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

case_master wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Maybe you would. I've never played snooker myself, so would probably suck at it. And I dunno if I'd fancied the practice. But Liang Wenbo on a half-way decent salary in todays day and age for playing a game that he loves to play. I don't know what hobbies you have outside of snooker, but I would be surprised if shelf stacking is one of them.

Postby Casey

SnookerFan wrote:
case_master wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Maybe you would. I've never played snooker myself, so would probably suck at it. And I dunno if I'd fancied the practice. But Liang Wenbo on a half-way decent salary in todays day and age for playing a game that he loves to play. I don't know what hobbies you have outside of snooker, but I would be surprised if shelf stacking is one of them.

<laugh>

I was joking mate but stacking selves is not on my list of priorities. Although I want to make it clear I have nothing against those that do, needs must at the end of the day.

Postby Smart

Odd hobbies:

1. I work with a group of blokes who are all very much into trains. They buy magazines about trains, they talk about nice train journeys, they go to look at trains in their spare time - trains is their thing. :|

2. I know there are people who will travel upto Bristol airport and sit in a lay-by watching the planes take off and land. They take a packed lunch and flask of hot drink and sit there, hour after hour. I am not sure if they have the radio on as well. :chin:

Summary:

There are some very strange hobbies, so please do not assume that shelf stacking is not a legitimate hobby. <ok>

:wave: :shake: :sylvester:

Postby Casey

StalinESQ wrote:Odd hobbies:

1. I work with a group of blokes who are all very much into trains. They buy magazines about trains, they talk about nice train journeys, they go to look at trains in their spare time - trains is their thing. :|

2. I know there are people who will travel upto Bristol airport and sit in a lay-by watching the planes take off and land. They take a packed lunch and flask of hot drink and sit there, hour after hour. I am not sure if they have the radio on as well. :chin:

Summary:

There are some very strange hobbies, so please do not assume that shelf stacking is not a legitimate hobby. <ok>

<laugh> I bet those guys are a hit with the ladies!!

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:Odd hobbies:

Summary:

i wouldnt mind trying the 2nd one, bet its cool watching planes

Postby SnookerFan

My dad likes watching old steam trains, and subscribes to the Steam Train Magazine, that he gets delivered. <laugh>

But then he lets me drink his lager, and watch his Sky Sports sometimes, so it's all good. <ok>