Topic locked

Sangsom 6 Red World Championships

Postby Monique

http://www.foulfour.com/foul4com-news/a ... -draw.html?
Sangsom 6 Red Draw
Saturday, 10 July 2010 11:13
The Sangsom 6 Red World Championships is an invitational 6 Red tournament that will take place from the 19th to 25th of July in Bangkok, Thailand and will include some of the world's top players.

The draw was released today for the event with Jimmy White installed as the No.1 seed after winning the event last summer when it was called the Sangsom 6 Red World Grand Prix.

Three of the top 16 players in the World are also attending including Mark Williams, Mark Selby and Ryan Day along with several other big name players such as Jamie Cope, Judd Trump, Peter Ebdon, Joe Perry, Ricky Walden and Barry Hawkins.

This event is a separate venture from the inaugural 6 Red World Championships that was held last December in Ireland and the current 6 Red World Champion Mark Davis also appears in this event as does Ken Doherty who was one of the organizers of the original event, which will also go ahead as planned this season.

A number of top amateurs from Asia were also hand picked by Thailand and other countries to compete in this event alongside the selected professionals in eight groups of six players. Coverage will be shown on terrestrial TV in Thailand on Truesport 3 and some satellite channels.

Unlike the Irish based event that stuck by the traditional rules of snooker, the organizers here are looking at introducing new rules that depart drastically from the rules of snooker. These include having to hit a cushion with at least one ball unless a ball is potted. This rule along with the ball in hand rule after a miss aims to speed up the game and make it more like pool. Is this going to far? Give your comments below!

Tournament website:
http://www.thailandsnooker.com/6red/

Well yes, IMO it's going too far. It means that some of the more delicate shots used in snooker are made unavailable, notably some classical snookers behind the baulk colors. It is indeed make it more like pool. But wy not play pool then?

WTF ... the draw is here http://www.thailandsnooker.com/6red/6re ... ed2010.pdf

Re: Sangsom 6 Red World Championships

Postby Madz

Anyone updating the page with match scores today? I am, and a bit frustrating the score updates are not as often as my page refreshes lol.

I was somewhat ashamed of what I read out when I first noticed this player's name Sitthidead Sackbiang (LAO), and I didn't even try to read the surname :shy:

Postby Noel

Madz wrote:Anyone updating the page with match scores today? I am, and a bit frustrating the score updates are not as often as my page refreshes lol.

I was somewhat ashamed of what I read out when I first noticed this player's name Sitthidead Sackbiang (LAO), and I didn't even try to read the surname :shy:

Did read on fb Stu Bingham said he beat Selby 5-2.

There is a new #2 favourite player for me:

1. Ronnie O'Sullivan
2. Sitthidead Sackbiang (previously Thanawat Thirapongpaiboon)

Thanks Madz!

= o)

Noel
Last edited by Noel on 19 Jul 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Madz

Noel wrote:
Madz wrote:Anyone updating the page with match scores today? I am, and a bit frustrating the score updates are not as often as my page refreshes lol.

Did read on fb Stu Bingham said he beat Selby 5-2.

There is a new #2 favourite player for me:

1. Ronnie O'Sullivan
2. Sitthidead Sackbiang

Thanks Madz!

= o)

Noel

Aww, and where's me and Ja in that list? :(

P.S. the results are available here http://www.thailandsnooker.com/6red/6re ... ed2010.htm
Seems like Ricky has had yet another decider in his first match... Unlucky. But I am sure he will win the other matches :)

Postby Noel

Madz wrote: Aww, and where's me and Ja in that list? :(

You and Ja are on my "Dream Team [ kept under my pillow ]" List.

Thanks for the SangSom link... I wonder if anyone knows of any Web Streaming links?

Cheers!

=o)

Noel

Postby Wildey

for results on this visit Global Snooker http://www.global-snooker.com/professio ... esults.asp

few interesting results

Dave Harold 5-4 Jimmy White

Issara Kachaiwong 5-3 Ken Doherty
Mark Williams 5-2 Ken Doherty

Stuart Bingham 5-2 Mark Selby
Mark Selby 5-3 Igor Figureido

Jamie Cope 5-3 Judd Trump

Michael Holt 5-4 Joe Perry

Barry Hawkins 5-4 Ricky Walden

Postby Madz

so Mr. Mark J Williams is already out, losing to Alfie Burden 4-6... Nigel Bond and Peter Ebdon out too. Jimmy still in with a chance to defend his title :)

Postby Bourne

markjesterselby Through to semis of 6 Reds. Barry Hawkins up next :-)
14 minutes ago via Facebook

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Bourne wrote:markjesterselby Through to semis of 6 Reds. Barry Hawkins up next :-)
14 minutes ago via Facebook

Read that. Who are you on Twitter Mr Bourne? :chin:

Postby Madz

jafinkesaurus wrote:selby-shmelby... come on the waldo!!

mtf waldo :bowdown:

P.S. we need waldo pacman smilie here :chin:

Postby Madz

jafinkesaurus wrote:
Madz wrote:
jafinkesaurus wrote:selby-shmelby... come on the waldo!!

mtf waldo :bowdown:

P.S. we need waldo pacman smilie here :chin:

but he comes with pingu and sharkie :huh:

the more, the better! :mosh2: