Which is your favourite TV coverage?

BBC
35%
ITV4
29%
Eurosport
35%

Total votes : 17

Re: What's your favourite Snooker coverage?

Postby Holden Chinaski

I voted for Eurosport. In my opinion Eurosport has invested a lot in snooker these last few years and they seem to respect and love the sport. They have Ronnie on board as well and that's great. I think Ronnie's a good pundit. I watch all the snooker on Eurosport Player nowadays. I don't have a tv anymore.

ITV is great as well, especially because they have Clive Everton. But I don't live in the UK so ITV is hard for me to watch... But they do a good job from what I've seen.

BBC used to be good but I'm sick of the same old jokes from Taylor and his gang and I find it very disrespectful when they stop coverage to show some reruns of crappy tv shows. Im also boycotting BBC because they sacked Clive Everton. I just don't watch BBC anymore because they sacked Clive and keep having Dennis on. Dennis is a nice guy but he just keeps making the same old jokes and he makes so many misstakes... Clive was the best.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:I voted for Eurosport. In my opinion Eurosport has invested a lot in snooker these last few years and they seem to respect and love the sport. They have Ronnie on board as well and that's great. I think Ronnie's a good pundit. I watch all the snooker on Eurosport Player nowadays. I don't have a tv anymore.

ITV is great as well, especially because they have Clive Everton. But I don't live in the UK so ITV is hard for me to watch... But they do a good job from what I've seen.

BBC used to be good but I'm sick of the same old jokes from Taylor and his gang and I find it very disrespectful when they stop coverage to show some reruns of crappy tv shows. Im also boycotting BBC because they sacked Clive Everton. I just don't watch BBC anymore because they sacked Clive and keep having Dennis on. Dennis is a nice guy but he just keeps making the same old jokes and he makes so many misstakes... Clive was the best.

BBC reducing red button coverage was a blow, as well.

I used to like match choice.

I hate watching online.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 19 Nov 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby eraserhead

I like a mix of them all. I think bbc tournaments look the best and I like Virgo. I like the amount eurosport covers and that they're investing in other tournaments. Probably like the commentary team of ITV the best bar Yates.

Probably eurosprt the most because i have the player and I can watch most tournaments because of it.

Postby Iranu

Eurosport.

If Jill Douglas wasn't incompetent I'd have gone for ITV4 because Hendry/McManus/Foulds is the best punditry combination and they have Clive in the box.

Murray and Goldstein are red frogs but they're not incompetent and they know the game (more so Murray).

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:Eurosport.

If Jill Douglas wasn't incompetent I'd have gone for ITV4 because Hendry/McManus/Foulds is the best punditry combination and they have Clive in the box.

Murray and Goldstein are red frogs but they're not incompetent and they know the game (more so Murray).

I find Goldstein more knowledgeable.

Granted, picking between the two is like choosing whether you want to be kicked or punched in the nuts.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:I give the edge to Murray because I feel like he asks more insightful questions than Goldstein.

Like what? <laugh>

All his does is fanny around, and make bad attempts at jokes.

The most insightful question he ever asked was; "Do you think Wenbo Selecta is a good nickname for Liang?" rofl

Postby Dan-cat

Dan-cat wrote:Is Murphy in that much pain? Discuss.

Oops wrong thread.

So yes I adore Eurosport for their sheer commitment to our sport. Without them, most of the tournaments wouldn't exist of that I'm sure. We'd have about six or seven TV tournaments, maybe Sky would take a couple extra. I am happy to give them £3.99 for the excellent player, where I can watch multiple tables on any device. If they pull out of supporting snooker due to a lack of subscriptions to their service, that would be a very sad day. World Snooker had to end their streaming service because not enough people paid for it, which covered the qualifiers and early rounds in some cases.

The in studio sessions reminds me of 70s TV in a good way. It's relaxed and informal, they get in-jokes running with the players (the Higgins/Angles 'that was a striper' thing was fun.) I don't mind the commentators, it's a good mix of pure passion like Joe Johnson and knowledge like Hendon, heir to Clive's throne. Even Phil Yates. Hehe.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:I give the edge to Murray because I feel like he asks more insightful questions than Goldstein.

Like what? <laugh>

The most insightful question he ever asked was; "Do you think Wenbo Selecta is a good nickname for Liang?" rofl

Nah I think when he takes it seriously he's actually pretty good. I haven't written down any examples but next time it happens I'll make a note for you!

I do think he dicks around far too much, though.

When Jimmy White's more professional you are, you know there is room for improvement.

I do wish Eurosport would spend more of the mid-session discussing the match. Or if they have to mess around on the table at least stick with recreating shots from matches rather than doing stupid trickshots (which they inevitably Bungke)

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Like what? <laugh>

Nah I think when he takes it seriously he's actually pretty good. I haven't written down any examples but next time it happens I'll make a note for you!

I do think he dicks around far too much, though.

When Jimmy White's more professional you are, you know there is room for improvement.

I do wish Eurosport would spend more of the mid-session discussing the match. Or if they have to mess around on the table at least stick with recreating shots from matches rather than doing stupid trickshots (which they inevitably Bungke)

rofl rofl rofl rofl

Nah, you're alright.

Postby SnookerFan

Yeah, that messing up a shot routine on Eurosport has gotten old now.

It was mildly amusing at first. And like you say, if it was a shot that had happened during the match, it at least has relevance.

But you get the impression now, they're just trying to find shots that'll be too difficult to do. So we can all have a laugh when Jimmy White bungles it up. (Bear in mind, the have a camera attached to the cue, which will weigh it down.) It feels so engineered.

It has stopped being funny.

Postby Dan-cat

£2:20 for a cup of coffee? Sure.
£4.50 for a pint? Go on the.
£8 for a burger? Yep.
£25 for a t-shirt? Fair.
£600 for a phone: Obviously.
£3.99/month for the Eurosport player to support that channel that broadcast every snooker tournament, therefore ensuring that most of them actually exist: WHAT THE BUCK, I'M NOT MADE OF MONEY, I HAVE A FAMILY TO FEED, ROBBING B*STARDS

Postby SnookerFan

Bloody London prices. £4.50 a pint? :shock:

Saying that, my local in Croydon is £4. And I consider that expensive.

In York I found a pub where I could get a pint of lager for £1.40. :D

Went there a few times.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:£2:20 for a cup of coffee? Sure.
£8 for a burger? Yep.
£25 for a t-shirt? Fair.
£3.99/month for the Eurosport player to support that channel that broadcast every snooker tournament, therefore ensuring that most of them actually exist: WHAT THE BUCK, I'M NOT MADE OF MONEY, I HAVE A FAMILY TO FEED, ROBBING B*STARDS

Also, where the hell are you shopping that it's £25 for a T-Shirt?

Postby Dan-cat

Ok Mr SmartyPantsFan how much did your ape to snooker player t-shirt cost?

hehe. I spend prob £10 on my basic t-shirt, vests.

Yes, I can get a pint for £2.60 in the Wetherspoons in Stoke Newington (which I do sometimes with my music mates who are always skint) or I can go near my house and it's £4 to £5 :/

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Ok Mr SmartyPantsFan how much did your ape to snooker player t-shirt cost?

No idea, it was a birthday present.

Though, those ones with novelty stuff on can be costly. Maybe £10 or £15, at a guess.

I did order a massively expensive Killer Klowns From Outer Space T-Shirt once. But there was only one available on Amazon, and I'd never seen them anywhere else.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
£8 for a burger? Yep.
£25 for a t-shirt? Fair.

I'd rather spend £25 on a t-shirt than on 5 beers.

Partly because beer is disgusting and partly because I love clothes.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
£8 for a burger? Yep.
£25 for a t-shirt? Fair.

I'd rather spend £25 on a t-shirt than on 5 beers.

Partly because beer is disgusting and partly because I love clothes.

And when's your husband getting here....

Nah, just kidding. I'm the least well dressed person ever. I hate fashion more than I hate tennis. I'm a slob.

You're obviously trendier than me. (Not saying much.)