Post a reply

Re: ManBetX Welsh Open Final !!!

Postby Holden Chinaski

TheRocket wrote:The three old men (ROS,JH,MJW) are ruling Snooker this season. .

I'd say Ronnie O'Sullivan is the one ruling this season. He's won the amount of ranking titles Higgins and Williams have won combined on his own.

Postby Gridlock

Gridlock wrote:I'm happy for the Scots win. Hendry fan congrats.

So sorry about your loss Hendry fan. I don't know how I missed reading that last night.

Postby Raphael98

Hey everyone, since I watched almost the whole second session, I actually didn't comment on it, but what I saw was a final with a bit of everything: drama, big breaks, scrappy and tactical frames. Was a great final.

Tough luck for Hawkins, who played good snooker throughout this week, but if this were the Oscars (I know they aren't xD) he would receive the secondary Oscar, but a well deserved one, and Higgins would win the main Oscar for winning. Massive congrats to Higgins for taking this win, and to make the Class of 92 this season even more titled :happy: :win:

Postby Raphael98

And I feel sorry for your Gran as well, Hendry fan, but hey, 97 years of age is fantastic, I'm not even close to that xD And I'm sure she is proud of you on the sky :-)

Postby Dan-cat

Raphael98 wrote:Hey everyone, since I watched almost the whole second session, I actually didn't comment on it, but what I saw was a final with a bit of everything: drama, big breaks, scrappy and tactical frames. Was a great final.

Tough luck for Hawkins, who played good snooker throughout this week, but if this were the Oscars (I know they aren't xD) he would receive the secondary Oscar, but a well deserved one, and Higgins would win the main Oscar for winning. Massive congrats to Higgins for taking this win, and to make the Class of 92 this season even more titled :happy: :win:

Titled indeed :) it really was a great final. I'm the same - if I'm really engrossed in the the match especially finals I don't post on here much, I like to really focus on it.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Ronnie's respect for Higgins is no bad thing in my opinion. I think he has acted correctly after his latest defeat at Higgins' hands. How would people react if he had said that Higgins was lucky or a rubbish player? I would expect the same from any player asked about Higgins

Postby Holden Chinaski

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Ronnie's respect for Higgins is no bad thing in my opinion. I think he has acted correctly after his latest defeat at Higgins' hands. How would people react if he had said that Higgins was lucky or a rubbish player? I would expect the same from any player asked about Higgins

Agreed.

Postby TheRocket

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Ronnie's respect for Higgins is no bad thing in my opinion. I think he has acted correctly after his latest defeat at Higgins' hands. How would people react if he had said that Higgins was lucky or a rubbish player? I would expect the same from any player asked about Higgins

Paying respect to someone is not the problem. But if you listen to Ronnie you'd think Higgins is God. Hendry was a greater player than Higgins and yet you'd never see Ronnie fawn on him like he does on Higgins.

And that fawning is not just some empty words. It actually affects his game. Because whenever he faces Higgins he plays rather negatively, takes a lot more time on easier shots and looks very tense. He looks like a completely different player than if he played someone else (even Selby).

While players like Robbo,Williams,Allen treat Higgins just as another Top16 player Ronnie treats him as something special and makes him far bigger than he is

Postby Cloud Strife

I agree for the most part, but I do feel like Ronnie goes abit too over the top sometimes and should try and tone it down. I definitely think we've reached some sort of tipping point during the Welsh Open, as fans have openly started calling Ronnie out for it.

It's alright to praise someone and have respect for them, however some of the fawning by Ronnie over Higgins, especially during this Welsh Open, has been cringeworthy and just a little bit creepy, if I'm honest. Almost like a stalker. If this is the sort of mindset and attitude he's taking on to the match table against Higgins, is it any wonder he has such a poor record against him?

So yeah, by all means praise someone, but try and keep the fawning and the fanboyism to a minimum please, Ronnie. <ok>

Postby TheRocket

Cloud Strife wrote:Lol

Me and The Rocket posted the same thing at the same time.

It looks like most ROS supporters atm are annoyed about his Higgins-fanboyism and the way he keeps choking against Higgins. rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Ronnie has kissed up to Higgins for years. It's been a feature of his punditry since he joined Eurosport. It's not just something that has started happening this week.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Have you ever heard Ronnie talk about Stephen Hendry? It's like he's talking about God.

Is it possible Ronnie just loves snooker with a passion and admires and respects the greatest snooker players? Wow what a shock, someone please arrest him....

Here are some questions for the Ronnie fans who can't stop going on about Ronnie praising Higgins: is Ronnie still winning titles? Is he winning more titles than Higgins? Is he having one of his best seasons ever? Did he beat Higgins 6-0 and 6-2 not so long ago? Has he won more triple crown titles than Higgins? More ranking titles than Higgins?

The answer is yes to all those questions so stop going on about Ronnie praising Higgins. You're making yourself look silly. Look at Ronnie's career, look at all the titles he's winning despite being 42 years old. Be grateful and proud instead of nagging about the fact Ronnie respects his opponents.

Postby Dan-cat

Holden Chinaski wrote:Have you ever heard Ronnie talk about Stephen Hendry? It's like he's talking about God.

Is it possible Ronnie just loves snooker with a passion and admires and respects the greatest snooker players? Wow what a shock, someone please arrest him....

Here are some questions for the Ronnie fans who can't stop going on about Ronnie praising Higgins: is Ronnie still winning titles? Is he winning more titles than Higgins? Is he having one of his best seasons ever? Did he beat Higgins 6-0 and 6-2 not so long ago? Has he won more triple crown titles than Higgins? More ranking titles than Higgins?

The answer is yes to all those questions so stop going on about Ronnie praising Higgins. You're making yourself look silly. Look at Ronnie's career, look at all the titles he's winning despite being 42 years old. Be grateful and proud instead of nagging about the fact Ronnie respects his opponents.

Absolutely, he worships Stephen Hendry. He just didn't have to play him last week or indeed recently so he wasn't at the forefront of his mind. One thing this site loves to do (and humans in general I suppose) is jump on a moan and then go on about it ad nauseam.

Postby The_Abbott

The only think I can remember from the final is O'Sullivan in commentary saying that he would partner Selby or Higgins in snooker doubles. Then the commentator said it should be choose your partner from a hat and Ronnie goes "count me out, I'm not partnering some numpty" :-D

I so want him to be paired with someone like David John if they ever did doubles

Postby Dan-cat

The_Abbott wrote:The only think I can remember from the final is O'Sullivan in commentary saying that he would partner Selby or Higgins in snooker doubles. Then the commentator said it should be choose your partner from a hat and Ronnie goes "count me out, I'm not partnering some numpty" :-D

I so want him to be paired with someone like David John if they ever did doubles

hahaha :-D

Postby Andre147

I also fully agree with TR and Cloud on this one, my opinion is very much the same.

Its absolutely allright praising someone for their greatness, but if that affects the way you play against him, then I'm afraid something must be wrong.

But this is just regarding Higgins. Ronnie has had a better season than him and overall will go down as the greater player I'm sure.

Postby SnookerFan

Ronnie won the Semi-Final of the Shanghai Masters 6-2 against Higgins.
Ronnie won the Quarter-Final of the Champion of Champions 6-0 against Higgins.
Ronnie won the Last 16 match against Higgins 4-3 at the English Open.
Ronnie won the Quarter-Final 5-4 against Higgins at the Hong Kong Masters.

These results all happened this season.

Just to play Devil's Advocate. Is it possible we're overreacting to Higgins winning a couple of matches, admittedly ones that were quite one-sided?

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:Ronnie won the Semi-Final of the Shanghai Masters 6-2 against Higgins.

Just to play Devil's Advocate. Is it possible we're overreacting to Higgins winning a couple of matches, admittedly ones that were quite one-sided?

SF; as ever the voice of reason where Ronnie is concerned.

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:Ronnie won the Semi-Final of the Shanghai Masters 6-2 against Higgins.

:goodpost:

I could not agree more, Snookerfan :hatoff:

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:

SF; as ever the voice of reason where Ronnie is concerned.

I'm the only one on this forum who talks any sense. :D