Post a reply

Re: Murphy being a fool again

Postby Bourne

I have no problem with them doing it as long as they're back within the certain time limit. It becomes a problem if they're regularly going and regularly coming back minute(s) later than the start of the frame.

Postby NedB-H

Bourne wrote:I have no problem with them doing it as long as they're back within the certain time limit. It becomes a problem if they're regularly going and regularly coming back minute(s) later than the start of the frame.

Agreed, but even then the done thing would be to have a quiet word to hurry them up, instead of going whinging to the press. But then, this is "forgot your chalk? I'll have a frame for that please" Murphy. He really, really does annoy me :mood:

Postby Bourne

NedB-H wrote:
Bourne wrote:I have no problem with them doing it as long as they're back within the certain time limit. It becomes a problem if they're regularly going and regularly coming back minute(s) later than the start of the frame.

Agreed, but even then the done thing would be to have a quiet word to hurry them up, instead of going whinging to the press. But then, this is "forgot your chalk? I'll have a frame for that please" Murphy. He really, really does annoy me :mood:

Yes the chalk incident was petty to say the least. As a pure competitor and looking at it from that perspective, i understand it. But his whole image is a nicey-nicey one, the 'good christian boy' - this moaning does nothing but put you off him.

Postby Roland

Spot on. Murphy had no right to question Ding wanting to leave the arena to compose himself between frames. Just concentrate on your own game, sore loser.

Postby Wildey

Terry Griffiths had bladder problams.

some days people are feeling rough and has to go for a rubbish every so often so how are you going to govern it ?

christ sake making a mountain out of a mole hill.....

just play the game for cockerel sake.

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:Terry Griffiths had bladder problams.

some days people are feeling rough and has to go for a poo every so often so how are you going to govern it ?

christ sake making a mountain out of a mole hill.....

just play the game for willy sake.

Yes do it for Mr Thorne's sake <laugh>

Postby Casey

Murphy has a very good chance of putting his name in the history books in the next couple of weeks if he wins the masters, how many players have won all three majors? 6?

Postby Bourne

case_master wc wrote:Murphy has a very good chance of putting his name in the history books in the next couple of weeks if he wins the masters, how many players have won all three majors? 6?

4, if you include the Premier League

rofl

Postby Casey

<laugh> Shame it wasn't about in the 90's, Tony Drago and Robert Milkins would have been multiple champions

Postby randall

shaun is just one of those players that just manages to rub me up the wrong way. have never been able to put my finger on excatly why, he comes over as cockerel sure and arrogant to my eyes.

Postby Wildey

theres nothing wrong in being arrogant if you can back that up with results.....for so long Murphy was Arrogant but was a also ran which made him out to be a bit pathetic to be honest....now he is starting to back it up with good results and performances.

but the image he portrayed as a Christian does not fit well with him asking questions about his oponement like in Ding at the UK and Maguire and that chalk.

he is defiantly a WSA Board member in waiting.

Postby Roland

"but the image he portrayed as a Christian does not fit well with him asking questions about his oponement like in Ding at the UK and Maguire and that chalk."

It's totally consistent with all born agains I've come across

Postby GJ

Sonny wrote:"but the image he portrayed as a Christian does not fit well with him asking questions about his oponement like in Ding at the UK and Maguire and that chalk."

<laugh> :chin:

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:"but the image he portrayed as a Christian does not fit well with him asking questions about his oponement like in Ding at the UK and Maguire and that chalk."

ive never met born agains or ive never met born agains that has said to me they born again if you get my drift lol

Postby Roland

You can spot them a mile off. Never shut up about God and are generally the most self centred people in the Universe

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Each to their own & all that......

The one's I've met are usually recovering alcoholics or have a very violent criminal history. They try & make sense out of everything which is why they usually turn to God. They could do worse. Though I must admit they do seem to have their own rules in life. One of my best buddy's used to be one of the main boys down at Tottenham back in the 80's, a right hard bastard, he's a born again now & when he talks to me, I'm like a cow looking into a field, I've no idea what he's on about. <laugh>

Love the one's your with is my motto when it comes to that deep stuff.

As for Shaun Murphy, quality Snooker player but does come across as a bit 'pompous' all right & I can't see him changing any time soon.

Snooker time. :excited:

Postby NedB-H

StalinESQ wrote:a lot of born agains have done time - FACT <ok>

if they've done time after they were born again, you've got my attention....

Postby Dr Magus

Edit - please do not try to bypass the swear filter, you may type the words you mean however on this occasion a line was crossed as this post is not in keeping with this site.

Sonny

Postby littlebylittle

Sonny wrote:You can spot them a mile off. Never shut up about God and are generally the most self centred people in the Universe

Agree and i think murphy is although a good player a bit of a plank

Postby Witz78

Im proud to say i was one of the Murphy boo-boys last year at the Crucible.

Was a joke the way the stewards and officials treated us, all we really did was boo him as he came out. We paid our money so were entitled to voice our opinion, the whole thing was done in a pantomime fashion anyway.

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:Im proud to say i was one of the Murphy boo-boys last year at the Crucible.

Was a joke the way the stewards and officials treated us, all we really did was boo him as he came out. We paid our money so were entitled to voice our opinion, the whole thing was done in a pantomime fashion anyway.

Bit of booing is fine on entrance and as you say you paid your money so it should be your right. Throwing of tomatoes etc is going to far and think of the mess it could make.

I was cheering on Murphy vs Blobbo. <ok>

:wave:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:Im proud to say i was one of the Murphy boo-boys last year at the Crucible.

had nothing to do with booing only you <ok>

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:

had nothing to do with booing only you <ok>

rofl

the stewards being on our case was prob more down to my mad HENDRY FANBOY mate who noised up Chamberlain during the Williams round 1 match. After that we were marked men by the stewards for the next few days.

God knows how we will survive 9 days at Sheffield this year without incident, im already being quoted at odds on to get thrown out of the Ebdon round 1 match for being over-vocal in my support of The Force :excited:

Postby Wildey

oneball

a year or so back you asked the question who first came up with the fan boy tag well i think we have found our culprit ^^^^^^. he seems to bring up Hendry Fan boys very often its boarding on obsessive don't you think.

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:God knows how we will survive 9 days at Sheffield this year without incident, im already being quoted at odds on to get thrown out of the Ebdon round 1 match for being over-vocal in my support of The Force :excited:

Witz - Whoever Ebbo plays in the 1st round will receive my full vocal backing (even Wenny or Trump). :wave: <laugh> :wave: <laugh>

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:
Witz78 wrote:God knows how we will survive 9 days at Sheffield this year without incident, im already being quoted at odds on to get thrown out of the Ebdon round 1 match for being over-vocal in my support of The Force :excited:

Witz - Whoever Ebbo plays in the 1st round will receive my full vocal backing (even Wenny or Trump). :wave: <laugh> :wave: <laugh>

me too smart :wave:

Postby Witz78

Why do yous all hate Ebdon?? :huh:

Ive done a thread today on Peter Edbon on 606 and ive been pleasantly surpised by the favourable responses by most who recognise his achievments and acknowledge his place in snooker history, so why the animosity here towards him? :sad:

As for the term fanboys, i most certainly didnt invent it and i rarely use it, as its a phrase i hate. But as its such a common phrase among snooker fans and on forums, it was the most apt way to describe my mates antics of shouting out "Justice" whenever Williams missed to let Hendry back in.