Topic locked

The Suzy feedback topic

Postby Roland

At the request of the lady herself, discuss her presenting skills in this topic. And she wants honest opinions apparently so don't hold back!

Re: The Suzy feedback topic

Postby Wildey

jesus susy hope your good because i don't want a second invertation in not holding back lol

Postby Bourne

I'm sure Suzy will do a great job, Hazel should be worried.

Postby Wildey

footygirl wrote:Thanks very much fir the advice. Any constructive advice is welcome :)

first advice is relax and go with the flow.

snooker is something you know therefore just talk on screen as you would on a forum <ok>

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

footygirl wrote:And I am going to do things my way. I am nobody's clone. It will be a skirt and strappy heels. Not trouser suits and boots

Good. We'll be able to look at your legs while we listen to you then won't we. ;)

Postby Bourne

Remember to smile, the audience likes to see someone doing the job and enjoying themselves at the same time.

Postby Wildey

footygirl wrote:And I am going to do things my way. I am nobody's clone. It will be a skirt and strappy heels. Not trouser suits and boots

how about topless now thats different :redneck:

Postby footygirl

wildJONESEYE wrote:

Down boy :roll:

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:

rofl rofl rofl

wild :roll: :roll:

Postby Roland

Well here she is. Firstly in the match room and then outside the venue.

My feelings are (and I've discussed this with Suzy) she could have done with an auto cue, and in the first clip looked away from camera too much, but otherwise a fair effort given it was all done ad-lib and given it wasn't a professional behind the camera either (i.e. someone to say "Again but look at camera, and keep your hands still!").

Postby Wildey

suzy

not bad at all you looked more relaxed in the outside clip i could sense some nerves in the first clip and lets be honest who wouldnt be nervy talking in to camera for the first time as sonny saying hoping not to fluff what you saying due to no auto cue and ad- libbing.

experience irons out nerves <ok>

Postby footygirl

Yeah - that is fair comment- I didn't have an autocue at all - I was having to memorise and improvise throughout - so bearing that in mind - what do you thibk - have i got it in me to challenge

Postby Rocket_ron

right my honest oppinion

first clip obviously very nervous ( who wouldn't) this was shown by you talking very fast like a footballl comentator and i have to agree with sonny about the eye contact with the camera.
however you show great attatude and knowledge toward the sport and matches being played. i with this being your first time im sure you will improve vastly

Second clip, you seem very jolly and relaxed and held a very good posture. certainly this is the clip to watch back and work from

good job <ok>

Postby Wildey

suzy

you asked the question "have i got it in me ?".

yes i think you got it in you good advice from Rocket Ron work from the second video even Des Lynam didn't crack it first off it takes time.

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:suzy

you asked the question "have i got it in me ?".

yes i think you got it in you good advice from Rocket Ron work from the second video even Des Lynam didn't crack it first off it takes time.

Oh im pretty sure the housewives favourite Mr Smooth himself Des, managed to crack it off first time rofl

Postby Wildey

Jesus Christ mate you got the Hicups <laugh>

Postby GJ

im sure once the BBC snooker bosses have saw these photos they will give hazel the sack immediately and replace her with suzy

:D :scared:

Postby Bourne

Wild is right, Rome wasn't built in a day, one can only do their best and keep practicing to become as good as one can be at their chosen field. Keep working hard !

Postby footygirl

GJtheaussiestud wrote:im sure once the BBC snooker bosses have saw these photos they will give hazel the sack immediately and replace her with suzy

:D :scared:

Pm for you GJ :)

Postby Tubberlad

Not a bad effort at all Suzy. Bit nervous in the first one, but I guess without the luxury of an autocue that's understandable. Second one was more composed, really not bad. Maybe give us more smiles though :)

Postby footygirl

thetubberlad wrote:Not a bad effort at all Suzy. Bit nervous in the first one, but I guess without the luxury of an autocue that's understandable. Second one was more composed, really not bad. Maybe give us more smiles though :)

So I would make a good presenter of the sport then

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

When presenting, it is known that firstly, you know how long that you are going to be 'talking' for & therefore you have to get across what you are going to discuss in the first 30 seconds. After that, for the rest of the time, you elaborate on your basic points.

Never look up at the ceiling. If you need to review your notes, never move your head, just move your eyes, down, always. It comes across as being thoughtful.

Always come across as enthusiastic & use voice projection with it too. If a player missed a frame ball or a match ball for example, get across how important it was, the energy that could be felt in the arena & relay the expressions on both the players face's.

Practice, review your work, practice, review your work, all the time learning from your previous performances taking mental notes on what you done right & can use again.

Good Luck.

Postby markj147

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:When presenting, it is known that firstly, you know how long that you are going to be 'talking' for & therefore you have to get across what you are going to discuss in the first 30 seconds. After that, for the rest of the time, you elaborate on your basic points.

Never look up at the ceiling. If you need to review your notes, never move your head, just move your eyes, down, always. It comes across as being thoughtful.

Always come across as enthusiastic & use voice projection with it too. If a player missed a frame ball or a match ball for example, get across how important it was, the energy that could be felt in the arena & relay the expressions on both the players face's.

Practice, review your work, practice, review your work, all the time learning from your previous performances taking mental notes on what you done right & can use again.

Good Luck.

<ok>