Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Last 32 !!!

Postby Dan-cat

Is it possible to have 'Sticky' threads on the very top of the home page? That way we could for example feature the Jimmy Robertson interview that brilliant Baddy is organising right on the top for a few weeks or so. Good for Google rankings too. And maybe the current most active threads, i.e. this one.

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:As much as we've gone off topic in this thread (TV shows etc) the current tournament round thread is the best place to just chat.

I think as long as we're mostly on topic once the matches start, and don't derail the thread with page after page of irrelevant chat in between games, it shouldn't be much of an issue.

But I'm not a mod so it's not my call.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:As much as we've gone off topic in this thread (TV shows etc) the current tournament round thread is the best place to just chat.

I think as long as we're mostly on topic once the matches start, and don't derail the thread with page after page of irrelevant chat in between games, it shouldn't be much of an issue.

But I'm not a mod so it's not my call.

It's not. You're allowed to go off topic on live match chat, as the thread will eventually get back on topic when the matches start.

If this was in General Chat, talking irrelevant things is more of a problem.

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:Jimmy's been working with a confidence coach. That's what I do! I helped a pool player win a tournament a few months ago. Had the game just lacked self-belief.

badsnookerplayer?

Postby Dan-cat

Cloud Strife wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Jimmy's been working with a confidence coach. That's what I do! I helped a pool player win a tournament a few months ago. Had the game just lacked self-belief.

badsnookerplayer?

Martin Perry http://www.themartineffect.co.uk/

Gotta love Clive. 2 mins of commentary and I already learnt loads about Jimmy.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:2-1 Jimmy.

Selby's doing a Ding and having the season off after winning 5 events the previous season...

I thought having a season off was called doing a Ronnie.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:The Island is taking ages to load up on my work PC.

So it's not just me then.

That said, I'm having the same issues for other sites as well, so it's probably just my connection being abit shitty.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:The Island is taking ages to load up on my work PC.

So it's not just me then.

That said, I'm having the same issues for other sites as well, so it's probably just my connection being abit shitty.

The plot thickens....