Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Last 32 !!!

Postby vodkadiet

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Taxi for 'Cow Muncher' Trump!

Taxis are ecologically unsound, and the requirement for cheap labour to produce the vehicles means that the workers can't afford ethically sourced food and purchase meat from animals that have not been well treated. I am very surprised at your hypocrisy and double standards here Vodkadiet.

Dude, he uses the internet. He's automatically a hypocrite.

Anyway let's not start another argument about it here.

I'd like to see Ricky do well after his recent issues, and if it's at Smurph's expense... all the better.

And, if I had a plague of Cockroaches in my house I would get them exterminated!

*Weak era Vegan*

I loves ya really VD.

Anyone who is kind to animals is a good person in my book.

Thank you young man!

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:
Iranu wrote:I'm 27 and already I feel old.

I make prime Simpsons references or something, and a tumbleweed rolls past.

It's a perfectly cromulent reference!

Have you got into Rick and Morty yet dude? So good.

Yep finished it, it's very, very good. Extremely ambitious and very funny.

It does lean WAY too much on meta humour and 4th wall breaking, though.

I recently finished watching Bojack Horseman too. Another excellent cartoon, equally ambitious in completely different ways.

Postby TheSaviour

Some rather hazardous playing once again lol. Oh dear. Cao Yupeng once again had a top player on the ropes, only completely failing to do the basic colour dish. Only to completely once failing to relax. He had that colour dish to go 2-1 up and he missed both the easiest of pot and easiest of position. Hopefully the lad can get better. Those are anything but easy, I know, but all the players like Mark Williams, John Higgins, Ronnie O´Sullivan, Stephen Hendry, Peter Ebdon or Mark Allen have been able to do those dishes under the pressure. To get were they are. He should start to work with Guodong, if he already isn´t. Guodong is doing quite well, yet unorthodox.

That´s balls, mate. That´s balls. That´s what it would take to make it as one option just isn´t happening. How unorthodox that ever would be then.

But then it would okay. Now it isn´t. But perhaps he some other ideas then.

A few players out there about to let their snooker-crazy countries down. That would take some changes to make it okay and to give even some prospects. But perhaps they also are having some other things on their minds. It looks rather stylish, however.

But even when mention some legendary names that won´t be meaning anyone would be thinking any Wayne´s worlds - ideas. They just don´t have access into it, no-one has. That´s why there are those rather strange antics. I am bad, I am bad. Well that was rather bad from Cao. It´s not like playing against a familiar audience down at the club. When playing when the media is presence, no-one can know or to picture what kind of persons are watching or listening and thinking about it. That´s why it is such honest. Even when not all the players do anything with honesty, anymore.

But oh dear God how good looking fella Joe Perry is! And how solid stuff! We all get old, but never mind that. Joe could well be in top-16 in a year a 2040. If he just want´s to be there. I see him as a that much good looking fella that I might go to clubbing with him, even when I very rarely anymore do things like that.. But I know all the good girls and the places. If Joe is reading this, then wink wink.......

Some rather (a very) hazardous playing. Just pathetic and hopeless. Hopefully it and results will start to get better from now on. Glad again about Guodong, however. And Shaun once again did his part also. Ricky was a very tough to beat.

Just be carefull who´s name you are calling. Or to be more precise, who´s video's you´re uploading, mate. Hope you learned the lesson.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Dan-cat wrote:

It is good. <ok>

Postby Dan-cat

Iranu wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

I recently finished watching Bojack Horseman too. Another excellent cartoon, equally ambitious in completely different ways.

Rick and Morty is so good, when my girlfriend and I finished it we immediately started watching it again from the beginning.

The third series in particular is brilliant social commentary on what's happening in the world today, the pointless division, the in-fighting between humans for absolutely no reason. Netflix has become the most powerful TV station in the world and they are using that power as a force for good, in my opinion - to spread important messages, to entertain and educate.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:I don't have Netflix. Watch everything on DVD.

Then again, about 80% of my viewing is snooker or horror movies that are so bad even Netflix wouldn't show them.

It's so worth it. They fund some absolutely brilliant original TV that would never get near the main channels. It's taking over broadcasting in that regard.

Is the last 32 done now? Can we have a last 16 thread please? Thank you!

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:It's so worth it. They fund some absolutely brilliant original TV that would never get near the main channels. It's taking over broadcasting in that regard.

People keep telling me that, I'm just lazy when it comes to new things. I'm having a guy come and install Tivo in my flat next week. I literally have not been able to record stuff at home for the last seven years. (Though most shows save onto my Virgin box automatically anyway.)

My problem is, I don't watch a lot of new TV series. Never seen a single episode of The Sopranos, for example. Or Breaking Bad. Watched about four episodes of 24, because my ex-flatmate begged me into giving it a go.

The odd Super Hero thing on Sky One, The Apprentice when it's on. It's not an exaggeration to say that most of my viewing is either snooker, or horror movies so crap that the majority of which are not on Netflix.

I'm currently slowly going through series 3 of Gotham on Netflix, because I watched the first two on Channel 5 and then they stopped showing it. It involves me watching two or three episodes every time I'm round my mates house, then not seeing it for weeks. rofl

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Rick and Morty is so good, when my girlfriend and I finished it we immediately started watching it again from the beginning.

The third series in particular is brilliant social commentary on what's happening in the world today, the pointless division, the in-fighting between humans for absolutely no reason. Netflix has become the most powerful TV station in the world and they are using that power as a force for good, in my opinion - to spread important messages, to entertain and educate.

It's funny, I watched the first episode and really didn't like it. I also hated how the human characters were drawn (despite the rest of the animation being gorgeous). But I kept going.

Hell, if I bailed on every series that I didn't think much of in the early going, I wouldn't have watched most of my favourite shows!

I was surprised when I found out after finishing Rick and Morty that there was a huge outcry from some isiots because they had the audacity to hire female writers, saying it turned into feminist bull. Especially since the closest thing they did to a feminist episode was in season 2, before they hired those writers. I hate people.

If there's one series from the last year or so that everybody should watch, it's The Good Place. The best thing I've watched in the last year and shaping up to be my favourite comedy of all time if it keeps going as it is. It's also on Netflix.

Sorry, I could talk about TV all day.

Postby Dan-cat

I didn't like it at first at all either (Rick and Morty.) The world takes a bit of getting used too. But so many friends who's intellect and humours I respected had told me to watch it that I persevered.

Yes agreed with what you say... it can often take 3 or 4 episodes of a show to get into it.

Most of my screen time is snooker, with the odd binge day for shows like Rick and Morty thrown in after a party when all I can do is eat and lie in bed!

Have you watched Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective agency on Netflix? Two gloriously weird series, based on the Douglas Adam's novels. I am staggered at the sheer scale of the production of this show, without Netflix money it simply would not have been made.

SF: everything is on demand now. No need to record...

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:I learnt my typing skills from you.

What an unfortunate word to mistype!

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Bungke

rofl rofl

The scary thing is I can touch type on a keyboard.

Where I fall down is when trying to do it on my phone. (That and the spell check on my tablet has a life of it's own.)

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:SF: everything is on demand now. No need to record...

Yeah. Hence my not bothering to get it.

The only problem I have is with snooker. I tend to get my parents to record matches from China when on, and camp out round theirs most of the week.

I won't have to bother to do that now.

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:I'll check out the Good Place :-D

Can't wait for Willo today. Hope he's still on fire!

It's only around 25 episodes as well so should fit into your schedule!

Yeah I want Williams to continue his form although I'd rather a quite couple of months and then a deep run at the Worlds.

Imagine if he got back to WN1!

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Is the last 32 done now? Can we have a last 16 thread please? Thank you!

This forum really needs a fall time mod.

I don't want to be a mod, but I'd be up for creating the tournament threads and the ability to move the current active topics/tournaments onto the home page.

Right now as a new visitor you see this when you land on the site:

2017 UK Chamiopnships
2018 Masters
2018 German Masters
Home Nations

Not complaining, I'm happy to help. We should make it as welcoming as possible to new users.