Post a reply

Jamie Cope watch

Postby kolompar

One of the best players yet to win a ranking event, the Shotgun dropped off the tour at the end of last season. So what has he been up to since?

Played in the Paul Hunter Classic in August, beat David John and Aditya Mehta before losing to Tom Ford in the last 32.

Had a quick look at the English amateur rankings, didn't find him at the top, but he did play in the first 2 of the 4 events so far. In the first he lost his first match 4-0 to Stuart Watson, in the second he won one match before losing 4-1 to Callum Beresford.

Looks like he hasn't played in anything of note since October. He will be back tomorrow in the Shoot Out against Hamza Akbar. Normally you would expect him to do well there. Is there any way back for Cope?

Re: Jamie Cope watch

Postby SteveJJ

A lot of it hinges on his health.

If that's under control and not affecting his cueing then he may get back on the tour.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

SteveJJ wrote:A lot of it hinges on his health.

If that's under control and not affecting his cueing then he may get back on the tour.

Love to see it happen <ok>

Postby The_Abbott

I thought this was a discussion about Jamie Cope's wristwatch. My bad.

Postby SnookerFan

The_Abbott wrote:I thought this was a discussion about Jamie Cope's wristwatch. My bad.

Marco's watch needs it's own subforum, let alone thread.

Postby TheSaviour

You know. I was having a few with a close m8. He states u look much like Matthew Stevens. This mate of mine is no fool: graduated from the highest degree of science. Of our country. And actually, not just graduated; his science work during that period has been published on the internet. Because it were that much good. That's mot a norm. And not only that. He worked for that Uni for years. Afterwards. But we played a few frames of a snooker. Suddenly he asked me; excuse me sir, but are u actually Matthew Stevens?? We have been known eatch others for 15 years. I replied that thank u sir but I am not Matthew Stevens, a reasonable guess from your part I suppose.

That's because I have look exatcly like Matthew from the since I was 16. And now I am 36. So u really need to look much deeper than u have.

Postby SnookerFan

kolompar wrote:That's cool Sav.
Cope was poor though.

And he looks nothing like Matthew Stevens.

Postby kolompar

Should get through to the last 128 in Gibraltar where he has Shaun Murphy, a good test and probably on TV.

Postby vodkadiet

I want to see Cope play Phil Taylor in a 'Stoke winner takes all' battle. Firstly best of 3 sets at darts, then best of 3 frames at snooker and if they cannot be separated after that, a mud wrestle to determine who is 'Stoke's finest!'

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

No-one would beat Taylor in a wrestling match given his long experience of grappling other people.

Postby Pink Ball

vodkadiet wrote:I want to see Cope play Phil Taylor in a 'Stoke winner takes all' battle. Firstly best of 3 sets at darts, then best of 3 frames at snooker and if they cannot be separated after that, a mud wrestle to determine who is 'Stoke's finest!'

Taylor would probably win the snooker and all.

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:I want to see Cope play Phil Taylor in a 'Stoke winner takes all' battle. Firstly best of 3 sets at darts, then best of 3 frames at snooker and if they cannot be separated after that, a mud wrestle to determine who is 'Stoke's finest!'

Taylor would probably win the snooker and all.

Could one of them have a word with this woman?

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/st ... ds-1231722

Postby kolompar

He got a place in the World qualifiers, 5-4 up on Hossein Vafaei after the first session in his first match.
#thebetterwatchthread

Postby kolompar

Yeah, Cope lost. Back in 2 days for the EBSA play offs, 2 matches to get back on tour.

Postby SnookerFan

kolompar wrote:Lost his first match to George Pragnall. Q School then...

Pranall Watch thread?

Postby kolompar

We're watching Cope until he wins a ranking event.
Plus Pragnall already lost too.

Postby kolompar

kolompar wrote:We're watching Cope until he wins a ranking event.

on the Challenge Tour

Postby TheSaviour

We will be seeig him in Sheffield 2019 :sad: >-( . He´s over 30 and has been out of the main tour for a while now.