Topic locked

Re: Roll Call

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:<laugh>

Go on, who is making the trip?

to Sheffield or Shanghai....................... :chin:

I wonder what a weeks accomodation plus flights would cost....................... (plus some beer tokens) :chin:

Postby SnookerFan

StalinESQ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:<laugh>

Go on, who is making the trip?

to Sheffield or Shanghai....................... :chin:

I wonder what a weeks accomodation plus flights would cost....................... (plus some beer tokens) :chin:

Shanghai, I meant.

Probably not a trip I'd do alone, as I don't speaka da lingo.

Postby jafinkesaurus

accomodation and beers are relatively cheap there, its the flight prices than make you think twice. but its worth it. find an engrish speaking guide and go. china is great

Postby SnookerFan

jafinkesaurus wrote:accomodation and beers are relatively cheap there, its the flight prices than make you think twice. but its worth it. find an engrish speaking guide and go. china is great

Kind of a joke to be fair. But if people want to go, good for them.

I'll wait to one on UK shores to travel to. <ok>

Postby Noel

One of my ex-wives was Glaswegian so that may have tainted my view of the city...
but over time I have come to realize that I was wrong... if God were to give the world
an enema he wouldn't stick the hose in Glasgow.
Glasgow is where he would attach the colostomy bag.

Glasgow Leisure Centre David Shrigley

=o|

Noel

Postby Smart

jafinkesaurus wrote:accomodation and beers are relatively cheap there, its the flight prices than make you think twice. but its worth it. find an engrish speaking guide and go. china is great

I think I will go (to Shanghai) before I die :wave:

Postby jafinkesaurus

StalinESQ wrote:

i think i will too. done beijing before :ahh: :wave:

Postby Witz78

jafinkesaurus wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:

Itll always be Peking to me :no:

Postby Alex0paul

I'd love to do a season of going to every single professional event including qualifiers. May have to do it soon before the tour really goes world wide.

Postby jafinkesaurus

Witz78 wrote:
jafinkesaurus wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:

Itll always be Peking to me :santa:

it'll always be Пекин to me, not to mention what it is for the locals :emu:

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul WC wrote:I'd love to do a season of going to every single professional event including qualifiers. May have to do it soon before the tour really goes world wide.

My mate challenged me to do that one year, without the qualifiers, and told me I had to go to every ranking event. Even the one in a university gym in Beijing. <laugh>

Postby Smart

jafinkesaurus wrote:it'll always be Пекин to me, not to mention what it is for the locals :emu:

Ja-rule <ok>

What was Beijing like. Did you have plenty of time to see other sights in China....? :ahh: :wave:

Postby jafinkesaurus

StalinESQ wrote:
jafinkesaurus wrote:it'll always be Пекин to me, not to mention what it is for the locals :emu:

Ja-rule <ok>

What was Beijing like. Did you have plenty of time to see other sights in China....? :ahh: :wave:

i arrived there a few days before the tournament start and had some time to look around, the great wall, forbidden city n stuff :ahh: and then snook snook snook. twas my first ever tournament ahhh :happy: :wave:

Postby SnookerFan

jafinkesaurus wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:

Ja-rule <ok>

i arrived there a few days before the tournament start and had some time to look around, the great wall, forbidden city n stuff :ahh: and then snook snook snook. twas my first ever tournament ahhh :happy: :wave:

Really? Did you go by yourself, or with friends? Was the language barrier a burden?

Postby jafinkesaurus

SnookerFan wrote:
jafinkesaurus wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:

Ja-rule <ok>

Really? Did you go by yourself, or with friends? Was the language barrier a burden?

i met another crazy snooker fan on a russian forum and we decided to go together to a tournament. before the trip we found a guide who spoke russian so the language wasnt much problem. :seif: <cool>

Postby SnookerFan

jafinkesaurus wrote:i met another crazy snooker fan on a russian forum and we decided to go together to a tournament. before the trip we found a guide who spoke russian so the language wasnt much problem. :seif: <cool>

Do you speak Russian, or does he speak English? Or both? Pardon the questions, it's just the closest I've come to going to a different country was going to the Welsh Open when I live in England. <laugh>

Postby jafinkesaurus

SnookerFan wrote:
jafinkesaurus wrote:i met another crazy snooker fan on a russian forum and we decided to go together to a tournament. before the trip we found a guide who spoke russian so the language wasnt much problem. :seif: <cool>

Do you speak Russian, or does he speak English? Or both? Pardon the questions, it's just the closest I've come to going to a different country was going to the Welsh Open when I live in England. <laugh>

he's a she and we're both from Ukraine and both speak russian :ahh:

Postby Noel

jafinkesaurus wrote: he's a she and we're both from Ukraine and both speak russian :ahh:

... and neither wear "sensible shoes".

=o)

Noel

Postby SnookerFan

jafinkesaurus wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

he's a she and we're both from Ukraine and both speak russian :ahh:

Don't say that. Wild will be getting excited by the thought of a woman?