Post a reply

Neal Foulds disses people with mobile phones at snooker

Postby SnookerFan

Top snooker pundit Neal Foulds has said getting fans to hand in their mobile phones before the start of a match could be a way of solving the issue of phones ringing out during play.

The former player now Eurosport and ITV commentator and analyser suggested on Twitter that fans should adhere to a “mobile phone amnesty” at venues. The idea would see fans have to hand them in before play started and could recollect them after the session concluded.

Foulds made the comments after an incident in the fourth frame of Sunday’s Masters final when Kyren Wilson was interrupted from playing an important shot THREE times because of a mobile phone ringing out.

Referee Olivier Marteel ordered the intruder to leave the arena after Wilson was interrupted for the third time. But Wilson asked security to make sure the perpetrator was allowed back into the venue after the mid-session interval which was due to commence following the conclusion of the fourth frame.

The issue of phones ringing out is not a new problem in snooker. The issue has been going on for years but despite all the warnings venues give out to audiences urging them to switch phones off, the problem still persists.

But some snooker fans responding to Foulds tweet said the idea would not work.

Twitter user @Lee_blog replied: “Not a goer. Phones may get mislaid or there would be concerns re: data safety. With 2000 people today, I thought, interruptions were minimal.”

Les Olson responded: “Imagine the mayhem at the end when people get the wrong phone back. Make it known to punters that phones are not allowed in the arena and if you’re found to have one you’re out, simple.”

And Armchair Analyst said: “With some phones worth £1000 and some staff being far from honest this will never happen. I can’t use mine when in some hospitals so maybe venues can adopt a similar strategy?”

https://theoldgreenbaize.com/2018/01/22 ... e-problem/

Re: Neal Foulds disses people with mobile phones at snooker

Postby TheSaviour

But how about shi....... yourself :sad: :sad: :sad: . While still having a fun. Never mind. Just read Tony Adam´s autobiography. Not right. Not right. But their infamous "borrowed" silenzio just hides it.

Well obviously they all should be sober or close to sober. Some things are just temptatations without any real value. And I can usually tell. Even without having that "diploma", you know... Basically you are only granted to tell things to the big people and to chat with them if having an earned reputation. Which I don´t have. That required (missing) thing is why us ordinary people have an ordinary friends on a facebook or why we post on here even with just a few people around.

If wanting to have an earned reputation then it requires some physical things.

Still I always say that each for their own. But........ <ok>

The difference between the snooker or let´s say shooting or darts and the tennis for example is that the tennis players requires solidness. Which has a lot to do with a mental strenght. While snooker players needs to be accurate and pedantic. I have never been. So that´s why I have been thinking of calling this as a posting career. As I really, really don´t have anything in common with the real snooker people. Not to even mention the professionals, the top players.

But still All Hail and long live the different systems and the statistics (which are partly hidden from the masses)! :bowdown: :bowdown: At least that is an utmostly great where they tell those jokes about their sex-lives using the "snooker-language". Or that another system of which I can´t right now memorize.. But those things are great and will probably never vanish away. Well I was talking about that system where they expand things a way, way beyond snooker (or a sex) even when clearly discussing about just snooker. Even when not getting the predictions right considering snooker, they still get many other predictions correct. They do that with almost any given sport. Where the bookies lays some bets. Some wise people involved then. But even that would be highly debatable from my perspective. I just don´t have that diploma or an earned reputation to discuss with them.

Not a single top snooker player calls it a match before it´s really over. That´s why there never won´t be any easy routes to be a top player. Perhaps that´s why some people at the audiences does those (rather silly) things. It is similar to top politics; not any top, top politician really co-operates with a raising, young star. That would similar thing as surrender and giving it away. Giving a match away without putting in a battle. That´s why all those raising stars are also lonely riders, just like me, which is something I really like.

But let´s take a tennis stars. Neither of those can be solid and precise at the same time. They are solid. The sport and the game requires that. If some of them would be precise also, the game would look very different. I mean precise in a way of which someone like Judd Trump naturally is. It is just that with a hard practice many illusions can be created. But mobile phones at tennis won´t be bothering the match as it bothers at snooker.

They say that no sport should be bigger than a one person. I tend to agree. But sometimes the results are just that match good and clear that it makes you to wonder. No bigger truths than the universal truths, still. Someone like Paul McCartney can get away of problems via his artistic talent. Just a thought from Tony Adam´s autobiography.. What is the difference between Paul McCartney, George Best, Martin Keown or Tony Adams. Or Ronnie O´Sullivan. The obvious conclusion. As many distractions tends to be while Ronnie´s playing. The vitamin B is what makes your nerve system really to work. I have just been started to use those vitamins. (Well I have been overusing those for years already but just now starting to make it more sensible, and that´s why now starting to gain the results and the benifits from it).

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
Referee Olivier Marteel ordered the intruder to leave the arena after Wilson was interrupted for the third time. But Wilson asked security to make sure the perpetrator was allowed back into the venue after the mid-session interval which was due to commence following the conclusion of the fourth frame.

I'd never really taken to Kyren, but that's the moment i became a fan. That was class.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I'd never really taken to Kyren, but that's the moment i became a fan. That was class.

:hatoff:

Postby Andy Spark

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I'd have left him out there. Hate mobile noises! As for handing them in before the match, I hear it works at the Masters golf.

Postby T.J.

Andy Spark wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I'd have left him out there. Hate mobile noises! As for handing them in before the match, I hear it works at the Masters golf.

they should be thrown out :hatoff: