Post a reply

Who could beat Selbo?

Rest of the World XI
No votes
Ronnie O'Sullivan with ball-in-hand every shot.
No votes
Sober Alex Higgins
No votes
The Harlem Globetrotters
No votes
Brazil 1970 World Cup team
11%
China
No votes
The crab people
11%
The Russian Mafia men who spooked John Higgins
22%
Team SKY with access to all the world's 'roids
No votes
Peak Phil Taylor
11%
None of the above
44%

Total votes : 9

Re: Which of these would beat Selbo?

Postby Andy Spark

I ticked the 1970 Brazil side, but my heart would go to the 1982 Brazilian football side! Didn't win the cup, but bloody hell, the 1982 vintage was dream football! :party:

Postby Chalk McHugh

Pink Ball wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:The Dublin footballers 2011-?.5 All Irelands in 7 years and we're not done yet.

Well, with the amount of funding ye get from the GAA...

Aghh pinkie come on man.Yes,that has to be looked at and corrected.No doubt about it,but we just have a once in a lifetime group of players who play the game the right way and do it in style.We know we're hated by the other 31 counties but we're ok with that.

Postby Pink Ball

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:The Dublin footballers 2011-?.5 All Irelands in 7 years and we're not done yet.

Aghh pinkie come on man.Yes,that has to be looked at and corrected.No doubt about it,but we just have a once in a lifetime group of players who play the game the right way and do it in style.We know we're hated by the other 31 counties but we're ok with that.

Once in a life-time? The team ye have now is totally different to the team in 2011 and 2013!

Postby Chalk McHugh

Pink Ball wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Once in a life-time? The team ye have now is totally different to the team in 2011 and 2013!

Once in a life time group of players.Cluxton,Connolly,Flynn,Bernard,Macauley,McCarthy,McMahon.Them lads dont grow on trees.Cluxton is irreplaceable,simply the greatest keeper ive ever seen.Your wife is Kerry i saw you post?

They used to patronide us for 30 years saying we have a great rivalry when they beat us all the time.Not anymore im afraid.They cant stand tjat we're top dogs now and gave beaten them in 2 semi finals and two finals.Come on the Dubs!!

Postby Chalk McHugh

Pink Ball wrote:I can't even see Kerry competing with Dublin in the next 20 years to be honest. I think the GAA have created a monster. I'm far more interested in hurling now even though Conamara is entirely football.

Dont be defeatist pinkie.It's our golden era.Wont last forever.We've won 4 of our 5 finals by a solitary point and the other by a single score (3 points).

Kerry won 8 in 11 between 75-85.Kerry have won 4 minor All Irelands in a row with lots of new quality making their senior debuts last Sunday.Kerry will always be there or thereabouts.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Pink Ball wrote:On a side note, have you ever been to Kerry? Loveliest people in Ireland, nutcases though. I've never seen such a big drink culture anywhere!

Went to Killarney few years back with me Dad to watch Kerry beat Tyrone on a Saturday evenin.Drove from Tipp but we were not drinkin.Two of me Das sisters married Kerry men and they do likexa drink.I met Tomas O Se in Dublin few months back on a Monday mornin and had few pints with him off Capel St.Sound lad.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Pink Ball wrote:I love Dublin's tradition, but I still think Kerry will always be the kings of football in my eyes. They love the game far more than any of the rest of us!

That's a fair point.That's why i dont understand all the doom and gloom with Dublins success at present.If it goes on for another five years i'd get a little worried.It wont though.Kerry are coming bigtime.

Like you said they have been top dogs throughout the GAAs history.Dublin have had many barren times.Kerry are the one constant.They have produced numerous quality teams.And will continue to do so.They live and breath football down there.

The loyal and knowledgeable Dub (yes there are a few) love it just as much but there are large parts of Dublin that have no interest in GAA.

Ye lads had a great team in the 60s and the two time All Ire winning team of the late 90s and early 00s.Ye have a good looking team now as well and will fancy beating Mayo again this year.

GAA ; love it.It's who we are.

Postby Pink Ball

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I love Dublin's tradition, but I still think Kerry will always be the kings of football in my eyes. They love the game far more than any of the rest of us!

That's a fair point.That's why i dont understand all the doom and gloom with Dublins success at present.If it goes on for another five years i'd get a little worried.It wont though.Kerry are coming bigtime.

Like you said they have been top dogs throughout the GAAs history.Dublin have had many barren times.Kerry are the one constant.They have produced numerous quality teams.And will continue to do so.They live and breath football down there.

The loyal and knowledgeable Dub (yes there are a few) love it just as much but there are large parts of Dublin that have no interest in GAA.

Ye lads had a great team in the 60s and the two time All Ire winning team of the late 90s and early 00s.Ye have a good looking team now as well and will fancy beating Mayo again this year.

GAA ; love it.It's who we are.

Kerry weren't backed to the tune of €16million in ten years.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Yea,tis money and money alone that has won us 5 All Irelands in recent years.Players drivin round in Ferraris on million euro contracts.Bottomless pit of easy cash will see us win 99 of the next 100 All Irelands.Why dont ye all just hang up the boots and give us the trophy now?

Haha thank God the likes of Tomas O Se dont think like that.They give Dublin the respect they deserve and still feel we can be beaten.In any era there was only a handful of contenders.No different now really.Up the Dubs!!Hill 16 lalala!!

Postby TheSaviour

Selby´s a great, great player but he needs to take his head out of his a.... Currently I am sorry to tell you that but that´s the truth. He has an all the world ability to rule the game for the ages but currently he´s afraid. He´s afraid of something called ruling the game, dominating the game, as Ronnie has done.

I have took the full-blown, a full-body hit 5 times. Some people think only 4 times but that´s actually 5 times. While one of those was a really serious one. I am sorry a german donkey. But we really need to be perfectly honest. And every time so far I have made a full, 100% recovery from it. It´s not like I would have 3 billion great tons to share. I only have five. But it is five, not four. I have a full respect towards any current one which is standing. Make no mistake. But my counting also will never get any further than what it currently is. I am also never to going to be after some people. They all make their own decisions. But currently they are running the things of which they don´t even have any belief. And that has a lot to do with me.

Selby´s a great great player but he shouldn´t be afraid of setting the new standards. Perhaps even the new records. But either way it would always be a new standards. Some people are always going to try to scare him of setting the new ones.
Last edited by TheSaviour on 05 Feb 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby TheSaviour

SnookerFan wrote:
TheSaviour wrote:I have took the full-blown, a full-body hit 5 times.

To the head?

Yes rofl . My liver also have took the similar hit. As well as the hearth.