Post a reply

Why giving up ?

Postby LeonD123

Sometime, I see players, give up when they are 2-3 snookers behind, even in a decider.

Is it considered rude to fight ?

Re: Why giving up ?

Postby Badsnookerplayer

There are more than one reason.

Sometimes they just judge that they are very unlikely to win.

Sometimes they do not want to get bogged down in a long safety exchange.

Postby LeonD123

Badsnookerplayer wrote:There are more than one reason.

I understand.

But when it’s a decider frame, I would fight for 2 hours if needed.

Postby Alex0paul

LeonD123 wrote:

I understand.

Is that you Fergal?

Postby LeonD123

Alex0paul wrote:
LeonD123 wrote:

I understand.

Is that you Fergal?

Nop. Why ?

Postby Iranu

Depends on the position of the balls as well. If there are a few colourd grouped together you're more likely to get a couple of snookers than if they're all on their spots because the target to get behind is much bigger.

Postby Cloud Strife

LeonD123 wrote:I’m down 0-2 in sets in my tennis match. Let’s give up !

What's tennis got to do with the point you're making about snooker?

Postby LeonD123

Cloud Strife wrote:

The point is: Never give up as long you can still win.

Postby Dan-cat

LeonD123 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Dragging frames out pointlessly will not help you win.

Postby LeonD123

Dan-cat wrote:
LeonD123 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Dragging frames out pointlessly will not help you win.

5-5, race to 6

Trying to go for even 5 snookers gives you more chance to win the match than giving up.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

That is true, but unless you are very good at laying snookers, and your opponent is very poor at getting out of them (remember - no foul and a miss), then the odds are stacked against you will lose despite protracted deciding frames.

Your fan-base will start to desert you. This will affect your confidence, leading to a downturn in form and a slow but steady slide down the rankings. The financial pressure of dropping down the rankings only adds to the desperate need to get results and so you start to play for six, seven, even eight snookers. Social media turns rancid in it's disapproval of you and you cut yourself off more and more from the outside world.

Your mood and increasing paranoia are placing a strain on relationships and money is becoming more of an issue. Unscrupulous local 'businessmen' spot this, and know you are vulnerable. They pressure you into throwing a match or two so that they can bet on the result.

Suspicious betting patterns lead to you being banned for thirteen years, and your loss of livelihood costs you your home.

Just don't do it man.

Postby Pink Ball

Badsnookerplayer wrote:That is true, but unless you are very good at laying snookers, and your opponent is very poor at getting out of them (remember - no foul and a miss), then the odds are stacked against you will lose despite protracted deciding frames.

Your fan-base will start to desert you. This will affect your confidence, leading to a downturn in form and a slow but steady slide down the rankings. The financial pressure of dropping down the rankings only adds to the desperate need to get results and so you start to play for six, seven, even eight snookers. Social media turns rancid in it's disapproval of you and you cut yourself off more and more from the outside world.

Your mood and increasing paranoia are placing a strain on relationships and money is becoming more of an issue. Unscrupulous local 'businessmen' spot this, and know you are vulnerable. They pressure you into throwing a match or two so that they can bet on the result.

Suspicious betting patterns lead to you being banned for thirteen years, and your loss of livelihood costs you your home.

Just don't do it man.

I've always enjoyed your humour, but this is different class. Less a post than a masterpiece.

Postby LeonD123

Badsnookerplayer wrote:That is true, but unless you are very good at laying snookers, and your opponent is very poor at getting out of them (remember - no foul and a miss), then the odds are stacked against you will lose despite protracted deciding frames.

Just don't do it man.

Well that’s an awesome answer to my initial question.

Thank you.

Postby Cloud Strife

Just don't do it man.

Decent post.

Postby SnookerFan

Just don't do it man.

:|

Postby The_Abbott

I once played a bloke who only needed the frame to win. I think I was 4-0 behind at the time being crap as I am. Anyway, I was about 70 points behind and only the colours left. Because I played on the guy was losing his patience and kept fouling. I won that frame. Lost 5-1 instead but I am proud of that rare frame win!

Postby Badsnookerplayer

The_Abbott wrote:I once played a bloke who only needed the frame to win. I think I was 4-0 behind at the time being crap as I am. Anyway, I was about 70 points behind and only the colours left. Because I played on the guy was losing his patience and kept fouling. I won that frame. Lost 5-1 instead but I am proud of that rare frame win!

Absolutely nothing to be proud of. Shameful antics

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:I once played a bloke who only needed the frame to win. I think I was 4-0 behind at the time being crap as I am. Anyway, I was about 70 points behind and only the colours left. Because I played on the guy was losing his patience and kept fouling. I won that frame. Lost 5-1 instead but I am proud of that rare frame win!

Absolutely nothing to be proud of. Shameful antics

Your post has nothing to be proud of. Shameful post.