Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Final :Mark Allen v Kyren Wilson

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
GJ wrote:Selby had to be clear fav for Sheffield he's just so.good in long format.

Im.hopeful.Kyren and Robbo can have a great WSC this year.

I don't see Selby defending it again. He's horribly out of form

He'll be fine. Unfortunately.

in 2016 he won it when he was horribly out of form throughout the tournament

That's the problem.

Postby Andre147

Been horribly out of form means little at the World Champs.

Sure, on paper it's better to go there on good form, but history tells us it can be won without players having had a particular good season.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Wildey wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
GJ wrote:Selby had to be clear fav for Sheffield he's just so.good in long format.

For snooker's sake, let's hope he'll never win it again. Having a boring grinder as a world champion is not good advertising for snooker. :td: :no: :td:

I'm praying Ronnie will be at the WC and win it. :win:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

A very well deserved first Masters crown for Mark Allen.

He was the best player of the week by some distance. Hopefully this isn't just a one off for him and he can kick on to do even greater things in the future by finally progressing from a second tier to a first tier top player.

Postby TheRocket

Couldn't watch the match yesterday and just watched a little bit on youtube now. Well deserved victory for Mark Allen. He was by far the best player in the tournament and to beat Ronnie and Higgins the way he did was impressing.

And finally he's won a triple Crown title. Hope someone like Fu also wins one some day.

Postby Wildey

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:

For snooker's sake, let's hope he'll never win it again. Having a boring grinder as a world champion is not good advertising for snooker. :td: :no: :td:

I'm praying Ronnie will be at the WC and win it. :win:

Lets Hope you never post again because you do take Boring to a whole new level.

its like looking at the same post every tournament <ok>

Postby Wildey

If Ronnie doesent win the WC this year it will be the longest hes been without winning since his first in 2001.

I Think Ronnie has got motivation to win tournaments not sure he has the same desire to play hard to win at the Crucible again and believe this year could be his last chance of Equaling Hendry i think if he doesent win it this time he never will again.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:If Ronnie doesent win the WC this year it will be the longest hes been without winning since his first in 2001.

I Think Ronnie has got motivation to win tournaments not sure he has the same desire to play hard to win at the Crucible again and believe this year could be his last chance of Equaling Hendry i think if he doesent win it this time he never will again.

Technically, he needs to win it twice to equal Hendry, so is unlikely to do it just by winning this year. rofl

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:If Ronnie doesent win the WC this year it will be the longest hes been without winning since his first in 2001.

Technically, he needs to win it twice to equal Hendry, so is unlikely to do it just by winning this year. rofl

I think what Wild meant is for Ronnie to have any chance of equaling Hendry he has to win it this year. And I agree with that, if Ronnie fails to win the world title this year he can virtually kiss goodbye to any hopes he may have had of equaling Hendry's 7 titles.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:I think what Wild meant is for Ronnie to have any chance of equaling Hendry he has to win it this year. And I agree with that, if Ronnie fails to win the world title this year he can virtually kiss goodbye to any hopes he may have had of equaling Hendry's 7 titles.

I knew what he meant. rofl

Postby Andre147

By my reckoning Ronnie wasted his chance to equal Hendry's 7 titles by failing to win the 2014 Final. Even Hendry, although having not admited it, felt that way.

I do believe he can win a 6th, and this season is his best chance of doing so, but a 7th? Cant see it happening. Not being negative, just how I see it.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:By my reckoning Ronnie wasted his chance to equal Hendry's 7 titles by failing to win the 2014 Final. Even Hendry, although having not admited it, felt that way.

I do believe he can win a 6th, and this season is his best chance of doing so, but a 7th? Cant see it happening. Not being negative, just how I see it.

I feel the same way. I think that deep down Ronnie knows this as well.
He has one more WC in him, let's hope he does it this year.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:I think what Wild meant is for Ronnie to have any chance of equaling Hendry he has to win it this year. And I agree with that, if Ronnie fails to win the world title this year he can virtually kiss goodbye to any hopes he may have had of equaling Hendry's 7 titles.

I knew what he meant. rofl

thank buck for that