Post a reply

ROBERTSON TO PARADE TROPHY AT MCG

Postby Wildey

http://snookerscene.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... t-mcg.html

Neil Robertson will parade the Betfred.com World Championship trophy at the iconic Melbourne Cricket Ground on Saturday before the AFL football match between Collingwood and St. Kilda.

The match is expected to attract a crowd of more than 80,000 spectators.

Robertson, a Collingwood fan, has been busy promoting the game down under off the back of his Crucible triumph, raising hopes of a professional event in Australia.

His appearance on the pitch before the match - as well as a live TV interview at quarter time - will further boost snooker's profile.

Robertson has also met with Bob Hawke, the former Australian prime minister (pictured), who is supporting his nomination for the Australian Sporting Hall of Fame.

Hawke is a patron of the Australia Billiards and Snooker Council.

Re: ROBERTSON TO PARADE TROPHY AT MCG

Postby Roland

That's great news. Good on him. I remember Ken Doherty parading the trophy at Old Trafford - has anyone else done any parading?

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:That's great news. Good on him. I remember Ken Doherty parading the trophy at Old Trafford - has anyone else done any parading?

i think John Higgins paraded it at celtic in 1998

Postby Alex0paul

Dott paraded it at Ibrox when he won it. Other than the names mentioned and O'Sullivan I don't think there have been any football fans to have won the world crown.