Post a reply

Ding season Champ

Postby Casey

It almost seems that Ding has been around for years but the two time UK champion turned only 23 this week.

A well documented dip in form left Ding and his fans wondering would he ever fulfil his potential. In most peoples careers you can find a turning point and there is none more obvious than at last years World Championship when Ding came from behind to beat his fellow Country man in a decider.

This is a match watched by over 100 million people in China, thus proving once and for all Ding has the temperament and talent to do it under the highest pressure.

This season Ding has reached the final in 3 OUT OF 5 ranking events. An astonishing record for a guy whom many had gave up on.

Even when he won the UK some so called snooker 'experts' on 606 said he still had it all to do despite winning the tours second biggest prize.

His record this season speaks for itself and Ding is firing up the rankings, he has earned more ranking points than anybody else this season. He will be in with a real shot of finishing number 1 next season and fulfil his potential.

Will he win this years World Championship? I would say he has a great chance but its still early doors for that, after all Ronnie didn't win it until he was 26.

Ding has rightly earned back the title 'future World champion' and it will be a question of when and how many.

Re: Ding season Champ

Postby Smart

I enjoyed seeing the resurgence of Ding this year and was genuinely dissapointed that he did not win the China Open (no disrespect to MJW, but I would like to see Ding become a more dominant force).

The Crucible remains a problem venue for him, despite it being very local to where he lives.

I think the most pleasing thing with Ding this season just gone, aside from the results, was that he had time to smile and his body language was not so bad. It remains a weak area for him, but following Ding in the season proper will be fascinating - can he push on from here. <ok>

:shake: :sylvester: :wave:

Postby Tubberlad

Was there the week he won the NIT... he was class, in particular against Stephen Lee, blew him off the table. Very impressive against O'Sullivan and Doherty also. The man is a class act, and I think he will be a multiple World Champion, just needs to get his head in order for the Crucible. A sports psychologist would be no harm <ok>

Postby Smart

thetubberlad wrote:Was there the week he won the NIT... he was class, in particular against Stephen Lee, blew him off the table. Very impressive against O'Sullivan and Doherty also. The man is a class act, and I think he will be a multiple World Champion, just needs to get his head in order for the Crucible. A sports psychologist would be no harm <ok>

Thing is he blew away Pettman but maybe his mind was not properly on snooker as there was a disaster in China and Ding was deeply affected by it (to use Rob Walkers words), there was no music intros for example that session.

He is, dare I say it too good not to win it, but I will also be watching very keenly another Chinese players progress this season...... can you guess his name....... :wave: