Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 :Ding Junhui v Ryan Day

Postby Johnny Bravo

SnookerFan wrote:Got tickets to this one.

I'd make Ding favourite, if I hadn't just watched him bottle it against Leo Fernandez.

This is a far more important tourney, he'll be ready.
Ding to make it through.

Postby SnookerFan

Johnny Bravo wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Got tickets to this one.

I'd make Ding favourite, if I hadn't just watched him bottle it against Leo Fernandez.

This is a far more important tourney, he'll be ready.
Ding to make it through.

Despite being shortened, Ding will still have considered the UK important.

Postby Andre147

Ding having just won 1 match at The Masters since being champion in 2011 is pretty unbelievable....

And in this year's edition I can see him again get knocked out first round against Day.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Ding having just won 1 match at The Masters since being champion in 2011 is pretty unbelievable....

And in this year's edition I can see him again get knocked out first round against Day.

It's a case of Ding should win.

But at the same time he's not necessarily favourite.

I wouldn't be surprised whoever wins.

Postby Chalk McHugh

I'm surprised with people favouring Day to win this.For me i make Ding strong favourite,whatever about his poor recent Masters record and dodgy form.Ding is a different class to Day and i go 6-2 Ding.

Postby SnookerFan

Chalk McHugh wrote:I'm surprised with people favouring Day to win this.For me i make Ding strong favourite,whatever about his poor recent Masters record and dodgy form.Ding is a different class to Day and i go 6-2 Ding.

Like I say. Neither player winning would surprise me. Ding is different class to Leo Fernandez too, and he lost that.

Ding is either brilliant or awful, depending on where his head is.

Postby Chalk McHugh

SnookerFan wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:I'm surprised with people favouring Day to win this.For me i make Ding strong favourite,whatever about his poor recent Masters record and dodgy form.Ding is a different class to Day and i go 6-2 Ding.

Like I say. Neither player winning would surprise me. Ding is different class to Leo Fernandez too, and he lost that.

Ding is either brilliant or awful, depending on where his head is.

I'm never surprised with the result of any snooker match.Afterall their all good players and can beat each other on any given day.

You use Leo beating Ding as an example.It's no big deal.That can and will happen.But if they played 10 games in a row i'd fancy Ding to win 7 or 8.It's kind of the same with this game for me.

In a two horse race Day has a chance to beat Ding and he may very well do but Ding is a far better player in general and would win 7 out of ten times for me.
He's 1/2 favourite in bookies (not that that wins anything) and if he brings anywhere near his A game it's curtains for Day.

Postby hendry_fan

Andre147 wrote:Ding having just won 1 match at The Masters since being champion in 2011 is pretty unbelievable....

"Ding having just won 1 match at The Masters since being champion in 2011 is pretty unbelievable...."

That really is unbelievable!. :dizzy:

I,ve watched a hell of a lot of snooker over the years,but i canny recall that i,ve ever watched a Ding v Day match.

I like most,think that Ding will beat Day,but also like most think,i will not all be surprised if he does,nt. :roll: :-)

I,m not bovered who wins this,as i like both bout the same.