Post a reply

First World Snooker Federation Championships heads to Malta

Postby SnookerFan

The World Snooker Federation has today announced details of its first ever World Championships.

Held in Malta from the 14-24th March 2018 the new tournament will offer exciting opportunities from the amateur game.

In the main WSF Championship the winner will receive €10,000, a two year tour card for the World Snooker Tour, and, along with the other three semi-finalists, will be invited to enter the 2018 World Snooker Championships in Sheffield. The Crucible event carries a record-breaking first prize of £425,000.

Running alongside the main event will be the World Women's Snooker Championship. The event went to Asia last season and heads back to European soil not only with a decent prize fund but also an added incentive for the eventual winner.

The World Ladies Champion will receive €6,000 and entry into the 2018 World Snooker Championships.

A WSF World Senior's Championships, for players over-40, will also be run during the ten days in Malta.

EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES
The Women's and Seniors event will run in advance (14th-17th March) of the main WSF Championships and the last eight players from both of these tournaments will gain entry into the main tournament.

This gives equal opportunities for senior, ladies and amateurs to gain the two-year tour card on the World Snooker Tour.

PREPARATION FOR THE PRO CIRCUIT
So that there is some continuity between the top level amateur game and the step to the World Snooker Tour all WSF events will be played on Star tables.

WSF President Jason Ferguson said: “The announcement of our first WSF Championship marks the beginning of a new dawn for amateur snooker across the globe. The Championships will provide equal opportunities, exciting bonuses for elite performers and a clear a pathway to a career in our wonderful sport.”

Billiards Boutique player Suzie Opacic, pictured, will be travelling to Malta to compete in the ladies event and commented that: "The move back to Europe means that it is much more affordable than Asia which is good and jet lag won't be an issue!"

More information regarding entry requirements is due from the WSF soon.

https://www.billiardsboutique.com/blogs ... s-to-malta

Re: First World Snooker Federation Championships heads to Ma

Postby TheSaviour

Yes, I already knew it, m8. Not that I have known this would happen for a decade. But a few years, yes.

Would be usefull if you could write it in a way of what all the PRO players would think of it.

That´s what usefull to at least to me. To know what THEY think about it. Or to be more precise, what they comprehend considering it.

I am always worried of what they comprehend. Considering it. I can always live with the results. To live with the any results. Trust me. But it will always starts to be really difficult to me if I have no clue what the scores does comprehend.

Re: First World Snooker Federation Championships heads to Ma

Postby SnookerFan

TheSaviour wrote:Yes, I already knew it, m8. Not that I have known this would happen for a decade. But a few years, yes.

Would be usefull if you could write it in a way of what all the PRO players would think of it.

That´s what usefull to at least to me. To know what THEY think about it. Or to be more precise, what they comprehend considering it.

I am always worried of what they comprehend. Considering it. I can always live with the results. To live with the any results. Trust me. But it will always starts to be really difficult to me if I have no clue what the scores does comprehend.

:anyone: