Postby Noel

Why no posts about "Shanghai Masters" ?

=o|

Noel

Spoke too soon... just noticed one!

Re: Shanghai Masters Post

Postby Roland

You can break all the others in too if you like :santa:

I'm looking forward to the Shanghai. The last two have been cracking, what with Dominic Dale and his bleached hair and pink shirt singing karaoke, and then last year with Liang Wenbo demonstrating to the world why people like me and... well seifer have been touting this player for so long.

Postby Roland

Got inside the top 16, not got the wildcard at the Masters, drawn Ronnie at the Worlds in round 1. What else is there in a season of 6 events?

This kid is seriously good though and his time will come. Mark my words.

Postby Bourne

I think he'll find his level in the next couple of seasons hanging around 7-12 in the rankings, that sort of area with the odd good run. But there are some players he faces where you just know he doesn't have a chance because he's so tactically naive.

Postby Roland

I know what you mean. I do think he's a lot smarter than some give him credit for though, his risk assessment is very very good and when he takes on some of these seemingly random shots you can rest assured he knows the risks and is willing to take them. I think that's one of the biggest misconceptions about his game. But I'd say the 7-12 bracket is fair, and maybe he'll have a couple of seasons in the top 8 by the end of his career. One thing is for sure, he will frighten the life out of many a player ranked above him and get a lot of scalps along the way.

Postby Bourne

Is there a reason why I haven't noticed his name yet in the PTC, has he played yet ?

Postby Roland

Chinese players go home for summer. I guess in advance if it was like last season you would go home and stick around until after the Shanghai so maybe he's not in the UK. One thing is for sure, if he was then he would play because they take place at his local club don't they?

Postby Noel

Sonny wrote:The last two have been cracking, what with Dominic Dale and his bleached hair and pink shirt singing karaoke...

No more FAKE :selby: Dom is the REAL DEAL!

=o)

Noel

Postby Bourne

I'm not sure but agree they would be of huge benefit to him because he kind of has a false ranking at the moment behind some players he tends to beat all the time.

Postby SnookerFan

Actually, I enjoyed that Shanghai Masters where Dominic Dale won. He played very well all week. I had commented half way through to a friend how well I thought he was playing, and he ended up winning, from quite a way down. :D

That wasn't year before last though, surely? You've missed out the year that Ronnie beat Dave Harold in the final. I remember that weekend moving flats, and not getting to see much of it. But Ronnie spanked Harold anyway, so it wasn't a great final I missed.

Postby Madz

SnookerFan wrote:Actually, I enjoyed that Shanghai Masters where Dominic Dale won. He played very well all week. I had commented half way through to a friend how well I thought he was playing, and he ended up winning, from quite a way down. :D

That wasn't year before last though, surely? You've missed out the year that Ronnie beat Dave Harold in the final. I remember that weekend moving flats, and not getting to see much of it. But Ronnie spanked Harold anyway, so it wasn't a great final I missed.

Ronnie and Dave Harold played in Northern Ireland Trophy final, and I am quite sure about that because I was there watching it live! The one final not mentioned here is the one Ricky Walden won 2 years ago. Before him Dominic won, and last year was Ronnie's win. :)

Postby SnookerFan

Madz wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Actually, I enjoyed that Shanghai Masters where Dominic Dale won. He played very well all week. I had commented half way through to a friend how well I thought he was playing, and he ended up winning, from quite a way down. :D

Ronnie and Dave Harold played in Northern Ireland Trophy final, and I am quite sure about that because I was there watching it live! The one final not mentioned here is the one Ricky Walden won 2 years ago. Before him Dominic won, and last year was Ronnie's win. :)

You know, you're right. 100 points to that man, that's what I get for trying to look clever. <laugh> The NI tournament slipped my mind, because it wasn't on this season's tour.

Yes, Ronnie beat Harold in Belfast the weekend I moved into my flat, and Ricky Walden won soon after.

Next time wikipedia it before pointing out other people's mistakes. <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

thetubberlad wrote:Madz, I was at that match too <laugh> Harold nearly put me to sleep

What was the venue at the Northern Ireland trophy like?

Postby Wildey

in 18 days the qualifying of this event starts so the draw should be available pretty soon now. so unless john higgins buisness is sorted out and hes cleared in 2 weeks time.

the top 16 seeds for this tournament will be
1. Ronnie O'Sullivan
2. Neil Robertson
3. Allister Carter
4. Ding Junhui
5. Stephen Maguire
6. Shaun Murphy
7. Mark Williams
8. Mark Selby
9.Mark Allen
10. Stephen Hendry
11. Ryan Day
12. Graeme Dott
13. Marco Fu
14. Mark King
15. Liang Wenbo
16. Jamie Cope

Postby Tubberlad

The Waterfront? I thought it was a smashing venue myself, modern, not a bad seat in the place. I still preferred Citywest though, great atmosphere <ok> was there when Higgins and O'Sullivan played an unbelievable final in 2003, and when O'Sullivan withstood an incredible comeback from Stevens (phones going off were a joke though)

Postby Bourne

Wild what's the scenarios where Ding could drop out of the top 4 seeding, like, in how much danger is he at the moment ? Because it would be potentially very important for him to hang onto that status.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Wild what's the scenarios where Ding could drop out of the top 4 seeding, like, in how much danger is he at the moment ? Because it would be potentially very important for him to hang onto that status.

ding is Rank 5th..... 4th if John not available but provisionally he is 6th with only 460 points separating Murphy in 4th and Maguire in 7th.

Postby Noel

thetubberlad wrote:Madz, I was at that match too <laugh> Harold nearly put me to sleep

WAKE UP!
Harold vs O'Sullivan | Northern Ireland 2008, 7th frame, 5-1 O'Sullivan.
Ronnie comes to the table 60-0 down with 7 reds remaining.

Possibly the most "artful" recovery I've ever seen [ I keep a copy on my iTouch for inspirational purposes ]
In fact, Dave Hendron labelled it "Clearance of the Year".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6Q7dwnEfEE

=o)

Noel

Postby Noel

wildJONESEYE wrote:...so unless john higgins buisness is sorted out and hes cleared in 2 weeks time.

I'm sure that's going to happen!
And on other news... there is a Santa Claus.
and Ferret is the only gay in the village.

=oP

Noel
Last edited by Noel on 15 Jul 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Tubberlad

Had to wtch that one again Noel, thanks for linking it. O'Sullivan certainly didn't bore me, I can assure you of that, it's Harold that has the tranquilizing effect on me <laugh> that was a superb clearance, the way he developed those last two reds and the brown were the signs of a genius at work <ok>

Postby Smart

Bourne wrote:Nice vid Noel <ok>

final 2 reds split was awesome, as was the brown getting dislodged from the pink, left the wrong side of the blue and went around the back of the black leaving a tricky pink with hand on side cushion............ NICE clearance. <ok> :bowdown:

Postby jafinkesaurus

SnookerFan wrote:

it was clean!! wasnt it madz <laugh>

Postby Madz

jafinkesaurus wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Perfectly clean after our visit! <cool> Oh, and Ja didn't let me sleep during the final... we were laughing all the way lol. We actually wanted Harold to get to the final... Unfortunately our other dream finalist Hawkins didn't get through the quarters, despite giving a good fight against Ronnie <laugh>

Postby jafinkesaurus

Madz wrote:
jafinkesaurus wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Perfectly clean after our visit! <cool> Oh, and Ja didn't let me sleep during the final... we were laughing all the way lol. We actually wanted Harold to get to the final... Unfortunately our other dream finalist Hawkins didn't get through the quarters, despite giving a good fight against Ronnie <laugh>

harold-hawking would have been a dream final :love: <laugh>

not as good as shanghai 2008 tho.. mtf waldo :D