Post a reply

Re: O'Sullivan vs Hendry World Championship 2004

Postby PLtheRef

It's interesting that one. Many comparisons suggest it to be the example of wanting to see just how far someone at the peak of his powers can

In Hector Nunn's book about the best ever Crucible matches, there's some kind of quote from O'Sullivan that he went to see Ray Reardon after that Friday afternoon session only to find Reardon half annoyed that it wasn't 14-2 rather than 13-3

Postby Holden Chinaski

PLtheRef wrote:there's some kind of quote from O'Sullivan that he went to see Ray Reardon after that Friday afternoon session only to find Reardon half annoyed that it wasn't 14-2 rather than 13-3

<laugh>

Postby vodkadiet

O'Sullivan slaughtered a 'well past his best' Hendry.

I thought O'Sullivan would become 'the new Hendry' after that. But it wasn't to be....

Postby Johnny Bravo

vodkadiet wrote:O'Sullivan slaughtered a 'well past his best' Hendry.

I thought O'Sullivan would become 'the new Hendry' after that. But it wasn't to be....

You probably meant a Hendry that was only 34 years old and was playing at almost the same level as he did in the 90's, only to find out that the level had risen and he couldn't be top dog no more. :john:

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:O'Sullivan slaughtered a 'well past his best' Hendry.

Hendry had been a Crucible finalist only two years previously.