Post a reply

D88 German Masters Last 64 !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Tuesday 19th ~ Friday 22nd of December at Barnsley Metrodome

Stephen Maguire, Michael White, Yan Bingtao, Kyren Wilson, Anthony McGill, Ali Carter and Luca Brecel has fallen at the first hurdle in their quest for Berlin.

But World Champion Mark Selby, Judd Trump and Neil Robertson is still there hoping to book their place on the plane.

Christmas is around the corner who will enjoy the festive period more than others?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: D88 German Masters Last 64 !!!

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Very unlikely Jones can win this.
He did well taking two frames.
Selby is World no 1. and that will faze him.

In the qualifiers environment it's not that unlikely. Many seemingly shock results can happen.

It would be very unlikely if it were a televised match in a big tournament, like Donaldon at the UK.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Andre147 wrote:

In the qualifiers environment it's not that unlikely. Many seemingly shock results can happen.

It would be very unlikely if it were a televised match in a big tournament, like Donaldon at the UK.

Fair point Andre - well observed!
Still a massive ask for Jones to defeat a player of Selby's class though.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

The only edge Selbo has on most top 16 players is his safety play and ability to grind down a win. Break-building wise, he's pretty much on par with them. I've never seen him obliterate his opponents throughout a tourney the way Ronnie and Hendry have

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

The only edge Selbo has on most top 16 players is his safety play and ability to grind down a win. Break-building wise, he's pretty much on par with them. I've never seen him obliterate his opponents throughout a tourney the way Ronnie and Hendry have

I would love to agree, but Selby has whitewashed opponents in more matches than either of those.
I think he is a better player than you are giving him credit for.

Postby Andre147

Selby's breakbuilding is one of the best on Tour. He spent a few years, between 2011-2013 when it was his weak point, but since then he has improved a lot, not to mention between 2008-2010 it was great as well.

When he's at his best, he can score as well as anyone in the game. Some of his best performances, for instance winning the 2010 Masters and 2016 UK, both v Ronnie, he scored very well.

Postby Andre147

On a side note...

having qualifiers just after the final tournament of the year just seems a bit wrong... should have ended at the Scottish Open, but with such a packed season I bet there's not much space on the calendar to put these qualifiers in.

The championship league though should have been long scrapped from the calendar, pointless nowadays and only to make betting companies profit, nothing else.

Postby Andre147

Johnny Bravo wrote:Speaking of Ebdon, I heard he was broke.
Any news on that ???

Where did you heard that? don't know a thing about it.