Post a reply

Re: Thiughts on Joe Johnson

Postby Iranu

Similar to Virgo for me. Parts good, parts irritating.

Re: Thoughts on Joe Johnson

Postby vodkadiet

He is great. He commentates with knowledge, passion, and reminds me of someone who would be just as enthusiastic even if he were watching 2 club players playing a frame in the local club handicap.

Postby Holden Chinaski

He's not bad, I like him.

Eurosport has improved their snooker coverage a lot these last years, they really invested in snooker. I watch everything on Eurosport player these days.

Postby Dan-cat

vodkadiet wrote:He is great. He commentates with knowledge, passion, and reminds me of someone who would be just as enthusiastic even if he were watching 2 club players playing a frame in the local club handicap.

Agreed. Well said.

His warm bubbly Yorkshire voice reminds me of home.

Daddy, is that you?

Postby SnookerFan

Though I get some of the hate for him, I'd take him over a lot of the BBC muppets.

He at least knows who most of the players are, and speaks respectfully of all of them. It feels like he's passionate about the snooker he is watching.

He often fails to remember important facts, but I'd take that over discussions about golf, not knowing who 50% of the tour are, or the all-round biased commentary you hear on the Beeb.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

I don't hate him at all, and over all I enjoy his commentary but he does occasionally come out with some silly comments. And he likes to say 'I told you he would play tht shot'. Agree he is better than most BBC