Post a reply

Dafabet Scottish Open Semi-Finals !!!!!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Monday 10th ~ Sunday 17th of December at The Emirates Arena, Glasgow

Semi-Finals and the one table setup, first up it's Cao Yupeng, who made a maxi here, v Judd Trump, who won the European Masters and sets up a repeat of that semi-final against this opponent which he won 6-1.

In the evening, we have Neil Robertson, trying desperately to get back to winning ways, up against local hero John Higgins, who beat player of the season thus far Ronnie O'Sullivan 5-0 in a great display.

Who shall win their matches and be one match away from winning the Stephen Hendry Trophy?

Semi-Finals

Neil Robertson v John Higgins Higgins leads 11-9
Cao Yupeng v Judd Trump Trump leads 1-0

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Dafabet Scottish Open Semi-Finals !!!!!

Postby Andre147

Trump losing would be a major shock, especially being Best of 11 and one table.

I think Robbo will win the other one, Higgins might still be over-excited biy his performance against Ronnie.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:Trump losing would be a major shock, especially being Best of 11 and one table.

I think Robbo will win the other one, Higgins might still be over-excited biy his performance against Ronnie.

To be honest i did not really see a great performance vs Ronnie i saw Ronnie gifting chance after chance after chance.

With that much chances anyone would look good

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Trump losing would be a major shock, especially being Best of 11 and one table.

To be honest i did not really see a great performance vs Ronnie i saw Ronnie gifting chance after chance after chance.

Quite right, but to make 3 consecutive centuries and a 70 clearance you got to be playing well, even if your opponent keeps gifting you chances.

I think the first and 4th frames were decisive, Ronnie allowed Higgins in far too many times.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Quite right, but to make 3 consecutive centuries and a 70 clearance you got to be playing well, even if your opponent keeps gifting you chances.

I think the first and 4th frames were decisive, Ronnie allowed Higgins in far too many times.

Higgins is a class player of course he will make breaks given chances and yes he played well but he had no opposition. I'd say Ronnie's worst display ever or close to it anyway.

Postby TheSaviour

Neil is a clear favourite to win the tournament. To me. I apologise my earlier view that Judd would be superior. Well a very likely or almost surely he will beat Cao but that´s it.

Sometimes it is just that much mistake-free and a text-book correct that it is difficult to digest. It is a 100% correct when they keep on going. Unfortunately and sadly hasn´t seen any like that anymore :sad: :sad: .Selbo´s okay, McGill´s okay, Robertson´s okay, Ronnie´s at time okay.. But neither of those can play it mistake-free. Any really great player need to have a bit of that bulldozer´s attitude. In order not to get robbed. Almost all the journeymen are trying their best to play it badly.

But realistically they just don´t any that brain power or intellectual ability to cope with it at all. They only can ignore it. To ignore almost, if not all, the facts. And the people. The really good players. Just to ignore them because they can´t get any better ideas. If they would have that brain power they already would had showed at least some signs of it.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:

Indeed. This was maybe Ronnie's worst performance ever. Anyone could have beaten him.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Looking forward to both matches.

Judd has been impressive so far. Will it be Cao who proves able to withstand Trumps almost complete game?

Without doubt a classic-in-waiting, Higgins vs Robertson should be a worthy feast of festive snooker.

Higgins vs Trump final for me with the Ace in the Pack prevailing.

Postby kolompar

Interesting to see Cao Yupeng in his second semi this season. In his last 3 seasons he only got past the last 64 twice in rankers, and one of those was in the Shootout.

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Thank God for Quest on Freeview.

My Virgin box is on the blink, so I can't watch Eurosport or Quest on Virgin.

<ok>

Virgin are sending me a new box. I am thinking of asking for a discount. I only got their TV package as it had Eurosport. I didn't care about their range of shows available. I cared about snooker.