Post a reply

Dafabet Scottish Open Quarter-Finals !!!!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Monday 10th ~ Sunday 17th of December at The Emirates Arena, Glasgow

Quarter-Finals day, first up we have Xiao Guodong v 2010 World Champion Neil Robertson, followed by Judd Trump v local player Stephen Maguire, who after his Semis run at the UK Champs seems to be hitting some good form.

In the evening we have Ricky Walden v the player who made a 147 here, Cao Yupeng. Home favourite John Higgins is up against rival and man in form Ronnie O'Sullivan. It's a repeat of last year's match here at the same stage, Higgins won that one 5-2. Both played each other on Higgins home soil 9 times, O'Sullivan leads that particular h2h 6-3, so clearly O'Sullivan does enjoy playing him here. Will he get revenge from last year, or will Higgins get his after losing their latest 4 meetings?

All to play for and a place in the Semi-Finals.

Quarter Finals

Xiao Guodong v Neil Robertson Robertson leads 2-1
John Higgins v Ronnie O'Sullivan O'Sullivan leads 34-27
--------------------------------------
Ricky Walden v Cao Yupeng Yupeng leads 3-2
Stephen Maguire v Judd Trump Maguire leads 13-10

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Dafabet Scottish Open Quarter-Finals !!!!

Postby Andre147

Great Quarter-Finals line-up!

Exactly what I wanted, shame Fu didnt win his match but I also quite like Guodong.

Like I said above, Ronnie clearly enjoys playing Higgins in his home soil, won 6 of their 9 meetings here. Hopefully he can get revenge from last year, but I wont be that bothered if he loses.

Already had the best first half of the season ever in his career!

Postby Andre147

12 pm

Xiao Guodong v Neil Robertson

NB 2 pm

Stephen Maguire v Judd Trump

7 pm

John Higgins v Ronnie O'Sullivan
Ricky Walden v Cao Yupeng

Postby Wildey

Rockettim147 wrote:I think Higgins is playin better than my man Ronnie. Ronnie seems to be tired. Unfortunately Higgins win. Hopefully I'm wrong

I Cant see how you think Higgins is playing better than Ronnie TBH

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:ROS is definitely playing the better Snooker. Only advantage Higgins has is that fatigue could affect Ronnies play.

Yes only that.

And Higgins doesn't actually get an advantage by playing Ronnie on home soil. Their h2h proves Ronnie wins the most meetings in Scotland. Like you say, only fatigue might make Ronnie things difficult.

Postby Wildey

I don't think playing Higgins the fatigue aspect is relevant to be honest.

it's what he plays for and he will be up for it.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:I don't think playing Higgins the fatigue aspect is relevant to be honest..

There has to be some fatigue going on with Ronnie. He wouldn't be human otherwise. He looked very tired agains White.

Postby TheSaviour

Elliot putted on a classy display. However, I was suprised that he got a frame, let alone those three, against Judd. Judd´s have been in good place during right at the start of this tournament. I can see him winning the whole thing now. He´s got off those pressures (which Ronnie is now carrying), and he starts every frame like a train. Like he does at his best. That´s really unique style to play. All the other top players are just thinking about those problem balls later on but Judd just starts to deliver. They haven´t been able to live with it. When it has been on. I watch that Judd vs Robin Hull match, and was really, a really really suprised how well Judd played!! There wasn´t that too much posh and the century-rubbishes he sometimes does. The other top players are thinking those problems balls later on, and yet still they almost always miss those <doh> <doh> . Like Ronnie during this tournament. I can´t see that been that much great playing still. I mean when the break is 103 or 113 and then missing that problem ball. Even when it always was on the agenda.

I need to admit that Stephen Hendry´s name on this trophy makes this tournament a big one. I needed to re-think this, I need to admit this is a big one. Like that big invitation tournament at the beginning of the season where Neil Robertson routed everybody and won. I thought that was a major trophy. Similar to this one. Sorry about my previous mistake.

Peter Ebdon used his newly-found confidence very well. Still got beat by Elliot. I am always accepting the fact the people are reviewing their visions. But always need to remember that it is only a few things which are going to change, not the most. Not that Peter had any newly-founded form or class, but confidence. That´s something also that. So let´s see how he can keep on playing. But I certainly wasn´t suprised that Elliot beat him. But Judd´s just different class comparing to both Elliot and Peter.

Wasn´t Judd shouting "put me in, Peter", during that Slessor vs Ebdon match rofl rofl rofl rofl .

Postby SnookerFan

TheSaviour wrote:Elliot putted on a classy display. However, I was suprised that he got a frame, let alone those three, against Judd. Judd´s have been in good place during right at the start of this tournament.

Elliot played well, but you were surprised to see him win frames?

Postby LeonD123

TheRocket wrote:ROS is definitely playing the better Snooker. Only advantage Higgins has is that fatigue could affect Ronnies play.

Having a quick nap and being tired for an afternoon doesn’t mean you’ll be tired the day after.

Postby SnookerFan

LeonD123 wrote:

Having a quick nap and being tired for an afternoon doesn’t mean you’ll be tired the day after.

Yes it does.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Oh ricky you’re so fine you’re so fine oh Rickyyyy!

:dance: :dance:

You've been around all night and that's a little long
You think you've got the right but I think you've got it wrong
Why can't you say goodnight so you can take me home, Ricky?

Postby SnookerFan

TheSaviour wrote:Elliot putted on a classy display. However, I was suprised that he got a frame, let alone those three, against Judd. Judd´s have been in good place during right at the start of this tournament. I can see him winning the whole thing now. He´s got off those pressures (which Ronnie is now carrying), and he starts every frame like a train. Like he does at his best. That´s really unique style to play. All the other top players are just thinking about those problem balls later on but Judd just starts to deliver. They haven´t been able to live with it. When it has been on. I watch that Judd vs Robin Hull match, and was really, a really really suprised how well Judd played!! There wasn´t that too much posh and the century-rubbishes he sometimes does. The other top players are thinking those problems balls later on, and yet still they almost always miss those <doh> <doh> . Like Ronnie during this tournament. I can´t see that been that much great playing still. I mean when the break is 103 or 113 and then missing that problem ball. Even when it always was on the agenda.

I need to admit that Stephen Hendry´s name on this trophy makes this tournament a big one. I needed to re-think this, I need to admit this is a big one. Like that big invitation tournament at the beginning of the season where Neil Robertson routed everybody and won. I thought that was a major trophy. Similar to this one. Sorry about my previous mistake.

Peter Ebdon used his newly-found confidence very well. Still got beat by Elliot. I am always accepting the fact the people are reviewing their visions. But always need to remember that it is only a few things which are going to change, not the most. Not that Peter had any newly-founded form or class, but confidence. That´s something also that. So let´s see how he can keep on playing. But I certainly wasn´t suprised that Elliot beat him. But Judd´s just different class comparing to both Elliot and Peter.

Wasn´t Judd shouting "put me in, Peter", during that Slessor vs Ebdon match rofl rofl rofl rofl .

Postby Andy Spark

Why can’t snooker pros understand how to use adverbs? “He hit it beautiful”, “he caught the red a little too thick” etc etc

English sounds ugly when not spoken “proper”.

English is a really beautiful language when spoken “properly”.