Post a reply

Dafabet Scottish Open Last 16 !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 10th ~ Sunday 17th of December at The Emirates Arena, Glasgow

Ronnie O'Sullivan good form continues but not wthout a scare against Li Hang who pushed him to a decider.

Local favarites John Higgins and Stephen Maguire also made it through the latter beating Yan Bingtao 4-3.

Ashley Hugill reached the last 16 for the first time beating Peter Lines 4-1.

Who will reach the quarter finals?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Dafabet Scottish Open Last 16 !!!

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:My ideal Quarters Line-up:

Fu v Robbo
Higgins v Ronnie
Walden v Yupeng
Maguire v Trump

I hope your prediction doesn't come true and Higgins loses, but that is a long shot since he has a weak opponent

Postby Johnny Bravo

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Back in the days I never understood the hype around Michael White. He seems like any other ordinary player to me.

I think he's the youngest player to make a century or maybe the youngest to make a 147. so the hype must come from there.

Postby Hyperion

tbh I couldn't give a rubbish about these tournaments, but I guess more centuries and ranking titles is a plus. And it's nice seeing some snooker. Ronnie is playing free and at peace. It's great to see. There's no real pressure for him.

1-0.

Postby Hyperion

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Michael White is playing like a helmet

It's easy to say, but try playing against someone (the greatest) who will nearly always win in one visit and is in top form. When Hendry was dominating, players were beaten before they arrived. So it is with Ronnie in many cases.
Last edited by Hyperion on 14 Dec 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Good point by Neal foulds, this is the most confident I have ever seen Ronnie play. It's like he's playing a video game with parakeet mode on.

Plus he's very relaxed, as he knows no matter what happens this has already been a fabulous season.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Hyperion wrote:

It's easy to say, but try playing against someone (the greatest) who will nearly always win in one visit and is in top form.

I understand that, but that is why he should play at least somewhat tactically. The way he left the last four reds in frame 1 was stupid.

Postby Andre147

Beaten before he started the match.

Nothing new, many Davis and Hendry opponents were also beaten before they even broke off.

Postby Andre147

Johnny Bravo wrote:If he manages to win this, he will face tough opponents until the final: Higgins in the quarters, Robbo in the semis and Judd in the final.

Do you have a magic ball that predicts that?

Robbo is far from certain given his recent form.