Post a reply

Dafabet Scottish Open Last 32 !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 10th ~ Sunday 17th of December at The Emirates Arena, Glasgow

Rookie Pro Chris Totten who hails from Wishaw Scotland has won only matches this season and two has been this week in his home event.

After Anthony McGill late night loss to Peter Ebdon in the last 64 only 3 scots remain Joining Totten in the last 32 is Stephen Maguire and John Higgins.

Ronnie O'Sullivan still involved as is Neil Robertson and Judd Trump so who will make the last 16?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Dafabet Scottish Open Last 32 !!!

Postby Andre147

Ronnie should beat Hang, but then has Michael White or Kyren next.

He hammered both recently, but the Best of 7 format will suit their chances.

Still think the winner of the tournament comes from Ronnie or Higgins. I'd love Maguire to win his home event though if Ronnie loses at some point.

Postby Drew1404

Looking forward to bingtao vs maguire, both in great form. Bingtao hit two centuries and two breaks over 80 in his last match, he's improving rapidly, will be hard seeing him get past an in form maguire tho on his home patch, think he'll pip this one

Postby Badsnookerplayer

This now is the road to redemption for Robertson as he aims to get back to the top 16 for Crucible qualification. Very achievable for one of his talent, but he could do with reaching the latter stages of a tournament very soon in order to relieve the pressure.

I would be disappointed were he not to be at the Crucible

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:This now is the road to redemption for Robertson as he aims to get back to the top 16 for Crucible qualification. Very achievable for one of his talent, but he could do with reaching the latter stages of a tournament very soon in order to relieve the pressure.

I would be disappointed were he not to be at the Crucible

If he weren't at The Crucible it would be a massive disappointment, more than not being at the Masters.

Mind you, if he went to the qualifiers and won all 3 it probably wouldn'tbe that bad... Ding reached the Final in 2016 having won 3 qualifers and almost won those Worlds.

Postby eraserhead

mick745 wrote:Potential upset in my view this afternoon. Li Hang has had an excellent season so far.

Li Hang looks to be in good form this season, and with best of 7 anything can happen.

Is this the day where winners will play again in the evening?

Postby Andre147

eraserhead wrote:
mick745 wrote:Potential upset in my view this afternoon. Li Hang has had an excellent season so far.

Li Hang looks to be in good form this season, and with best of 7 anything can happen.

Is this the day where winners will play again in the evening?

Best of 7 yes every player has a chance of causing a big upset.

Yes Last 16 matches are played in the evening.

Postby Andre147

Ronnie said yesterday he's treating these matches as practice sessions.

I'm sure his competitive instincts will kick in if the reaches the Quarter-Finals.

Postby Andre147

Ronnie seems so relaxed it's unreal...

He knows no matter what happens for the rest of the season he's already had a fabulous one. So that may relax him for the coming events.

Postby Johnny Bravo

boris_the_butcher wrote:Robbo unlikely to get a draw like 2010, one world title is his lot.

Robbo doesn't need a easy draw.
His A game is better than anyone else's, with the exception of Ronnie.
The only question is whether he manages to get it back.

Postby Cloud Strife

eraserhead wrote:Was hoping Ding would be streamed, he's playing Mcleod right now.

The organisers have shown already they would rather leave a TV table empty than show McLeod regardless of who he's playing. rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
eraserhead wrote:Was hoping Ding would be streamed, he's playing Mcleod right now.

The organisers have shown already they would rather leave a TV table empty than show McLeod regardless of who he's playing. rofl

I want to see a McLeod vs Ebdon match.