Post a reply

Dafabet Scottish Open Last 128 !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 10th ~ Sunday 17th of December at The Emirates Arena, Glasgow

The Second year of the Scottish Open it was won last season by Hong Kong's Marco Fu beating non other than Scotland's own John Higgins in the final.

Ronnie O'Sullivan will be there building on a brilliant season for him but World Champion Mark Selby wont be there as was the case in the Northern Ireland stage of the Home Nations.

Also not there is Luca Brecel having withdrawn shortly before the tournament and replaced by Welsh Amateur Jackson Page.

With The Stephen Hendry trophy up for grabs who will get past the first Hurdle?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Scottish Open Last 128 !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:Wouldn't mind seeing someone like Maguire or Graeme Dott win this.

Somebody like a Scottish person, then.

Postby Deewee

I don't get why they couldn't have one of the wildcards play Williams' opponent Xu Si now that he has pulled out rather than them playing each other. They'll be at the venue anyway and would probably want to play an actual pro match. I guess it would technically be unfair to Xu since it's a late withdrawal but the pre-qualifier just seems a bit pointless.

Postby Andre147

Ronnie wont pull out of this one because now he has a contract with ES tournaments.

It's a win-win situation according to him... if he wins the tournament, like the English Open, then great, if he doesn't, he'll continue there as a pundit.

This is why he didnt pull out of the NI Open after coming from Shanghai and why he wont pull out of this.

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:Image Image Image
Monday 10th ~ Sunday 17th of December at The Emirates Arena, Glasgow

The Second year of the Scottish Open it was won last season by Hong Kong's Marco Fu beating non other than Scotland's own John Higgins in the final.

Ronnie O'Sullivan will be there building on a brilliant season for him but World Champion Mark Selby wont be there as was the case in the Northern Ireland stage of the Home Nations.

Also not there is Luca Brecel having withdrawn shortly before the tournament and replaced by Welsh Amateur Jackson Page.

With The Stephen Hendry trophy up for grabs who will get past the first Hurdle?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Reported.

Postby SnookerFan

Johnny Bravo wrote:
eraserhead wrote:MJW has pulled out. :-(

Is it because of his wife's health problems ???

He didn't say. But I wouldn't be surprised.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
eraserhead wrote:MJW has pulled out. :-(

Is it because of his wife's health problems ???

He didn't say. But I wouldn't be surprised.

Yes. She’s still in hospital.

Re: Dafabet Scottish Open Last 128 !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Not sure how much I'll see this week.

Bit snookered out, and it's getting close to Christmas. Got to do some of the social things I put off doing last week.

Postby SnookerFan

OoNebsoO wrote:Murphy should have played tonight, but looks like it got moved to tomorrow.

I thought they might. What with the snow, he's not even guaranteed to make it today. rofl

What about Ronnie? Is he playing this tournament?

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
OoNebsoO wrote:Murphy should have played tonight, but looks like it got moved to tomorrow.

I thought they might. What with the snow, he's not even guaranteed to make it today. rofl

What about Ronnie? Is he playing this tournament?

Playing tomorrow evening I think.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:Not sure how much I'll see this week.

Bit snookered out, and it's getting close to Christmas. Got to do some of the social things I put off doing last week.

I would have preferred the odd week off in this monster run, it's been wall to wall snooker for what feels like months now and not sure it's the best thing. I've enjoyed the tournaments immensely and I'm not complaining about the increased schedule BUT why not space them ot a little?? It plays havoc with my love, work and social life!

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:

I would have preferred the odd week off in this monster run, it's been wall to wall snooker for what feels like months now and not sure it's the best thing. I've enjoyed the tournaments immensely and I'm not complaining about the increased schedule BUT why not space them ot a little?? It plays havoc with my love, work and social life!

I prefer it this way.

It's very difficult to watch it all, obviously. But if I'm busy for a week, and can't watch much of a tournament, at least there's more coming shortly.

Imagine being busy for the week that a tournament is on, when there isn't any on for the next three weeks or so. Annoying. rofl

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

I prefer it this way.

It's very difficult to watch it all, obviously. But if I'm busy for a week, and can't watch much of a tournament, at least there's more coming shortly.

Imagine being busy for the week that a tournament is on, when there isn't any on for the next three weeks or so. Annoying. rofl

Reported.

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:

Bring back Sir Rodney Walker!