Post a reply

Betway UK Championship Quarter Finals !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Tuesday 28th of November ~ Sunday 10th of December at the York, Barbican

Ronnie O'Sullivan survived a scare against Akani Songsermsawad But came through 6-5 and book his quarter final place against Martin Gould.

The Quarter Final line up has many surprises the biggest considering how this season has gone is the youngest player left in the tournament is Mark Joyce at 34 followed by Shaun Murphy at 35.

Also 6 Englishmen a scot and a welshman makes it a UK Finish to the UK Championship.

Who will make the last 4?

DRAW

Quarter Finals

Ryan Day v Mark Joyce Day leads 6-1
Shaun Murphy v Mark King Murphy leads 13-1
--------------------------------------
Stephen Maguire v Joe Perry Maguire leads 14-2
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Martin Gould O'Sullivan leads 3-0

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Betway UK Championship Quarter Finals !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Johnny Bravo wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Good to see the youngsters coming through this week

rofl

SF what happened to u last night ?
U weren't o the Ronnie match

I'd had about 2 hours sleep the night before. Sorry, I went to bed.

Count yourself lucky. When I turn off, the matches go good.

Postby SnookerFan

I must say, the UK Championship is a better tournament to attend than to watch on TV these days.

Attending allows you to watch any match you want, rather than the two of eight that the BBC allow you to. On TV it just feels like clusterfuck.

Postby snooker_loopy

I'm sure many will disagree with me but I feel the O'Sullivan vs Sunny Akin match is proof why Stephen Hendry is/was the greater player than Ronnie. Stephen was way more dominant over his prime period and would have beaten Akin easier, I reckon. Stephen Hendry won seven world championships over a period of ten years, Ronnie O'Sullivan achieved five world championships over a period of thirteen years. Hendry more dominant - more consistent. Ronnie is an amazingly consistent player - his 900 plus century breaks prove that but in terms of being the greatest ever, I believe Hendry in his prime was just that tad more consistent and ruthless. I think the ruthlessness of Hendry is what distinguishes him from O'Sullivan. In the final two frames of the Akin match, Ronnie was struggling a lot (similar to the way Hendry was in his last few seasons). Ronnie does have the advantage of turning on the magic and playing well in future games, of course. Hendry never recovered his form.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

snooker_loopy wrote:I'm sure many will disagree with me but I feel the O'Sullivan vs Sunny Akin match is proof why Stephen Hendry is/was the greater player than Ronnie. Stephen was way more dominant over his prime period and would have beaten Akin easier, I reckon. Stephen Hendry won seven world championships over a period of ten years, Ronnie O'Sullivan achieved five world championships over a period of thirteen years. Hendry more dominant - more consistent. Ronnie is an amazingly consistent player - his 900 plus century breaks prove that but in terms of being the greatest ever, I believe Hendry in his prime was just that tad more consistent and ruthless. I think the ruthlessness of Hendry is what distinguishes him from O'Sullivan. In the final two frames of the Akin match, Ronnie was struggling a lot (similar to the way Hendry was in his last few seasons). Ronnie does have the advantage of turning on the magic and playing well in future games, of course. Hendry never recovered his form.

But Hendry hasnt had longevity. And when the class of '92 hit their prime Hendry was done.

Postby TheRocket

Hendry was obsessed with winning and had a much better concentration level than Ronnie. That's why he is the greater champion and has won 7 World titles. He just wanted it that bad.

Ronnie is the greatest player ability-wise but he's had tons of matches where he just fades away and looks like a beaten man and ready to go home long before the match is actually finished. Thats always been his weakness. Yesterday was one of those days but he got away with it.

Postby Cloud Strife

snooker_loopy wrote:I'm sure many will disagree with me but I feel the O'Sullivan vs Sunny Akin match is proof why Stephen Hendry is/was the greater player than Ronnie. Stephen was way more dominant over his prime period and would have beaten Akin easier, I reckon. Stephen Hendry won seven world championships over a period of ten years, Ronnie O'Sullivan achieved five world championships over a period of thirteen years. Hendry more dominant - more consistent. Ronnie is an amazingly consistent player - his 900 plus century breaks prove that but in terms of being the greatest ever, I believe Hendry in his prime was just that tad more consistent and ruthless. I think the ruthlessness of Hendry is what distinguishes him from O'Sullivan. In the final two frames of the Akin match, Ronnie was struggling a lot (similar to the way Hendry was in his last few seasons). Ronnie does have the advantage of turning on the magic and playing well in future games, of course. Hendry never recovered his form.

You do realise Ronnie is not in his prime either, right?

Postby Holden Chinaski

Comparing a 42 year old Ronnie with Hendry in his prime is a bit silly. Hendry was amazing in his prime but his one weakness was that there was nothing left of his game as he got older and after his prime anyone could beat him.

The one thing Ronnie has got on Hendry is that he's aging well and still winning major titles even in his fourties.

Postby Cloud Strife

Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:TWITTER ATTACK!

David Hendon
@davehendon
I was just thinking last night how non-Euclidean snooker is

:chin:

PLOT TWIST:

Hendon is The Saviour!

Hendon is a pretentious twit.