Post a reply

Re: Akani Sadsongsmeansomuch

Postby eraserhead

Don't see many players take the yellow in to the bottom pocket twice in a match. :hatoff:

Postby Andre147

I like him too.

Being diferent than the norm is always better.

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:Akani is unorthodox, courageous, oddly entertaining, and quite talented. I like him.

I'm not going to lie, I like him more since he lost. Not sure how I would have felt about him had he beat Ronnie. Probably not very complimentary haha.

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Akani is unorthodox, courageous, oddly entertaining, and quite talented. I like him.

I'm not going to lie, I like him more since he lost. Not sure how I would have felt about him had he beat Ronnie. Probably not very complimentary haha.

Yeah, he had a nice manner in his interview afterwards too. Not clowning about like Wendy or Poomjaeng. He's a freak in the way he plays, but he's serious about the game.

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Yeah, he had a nice manner in his interview afterwards too. Not clowning about like Wendy or Poomjaeng. He's a freak in the way he plays, but he's serious about the game.

Agreed.

Akani is a freak snooker player, whereas Wenbo and Poomjaeng are freak personalities.

Postby Andre147

Poomjaeng is by far the worst.

Clownish antics which get him nowhere. Tad funny first time he did it, but when he kept on doint it we knew something was wrong with him.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:Poomjaeng is by far the worst.

Clownish antics which get him nowhere. Tad funny first time he did it, but when he kept on doint it we knew something was wrong with him.

Racist

Postby gallantrabbit

Anyone who's a bit different is great. If you look at his record over the last two years he's been pretty consistent for a newby. Shame he didn't get over the line...

Postby gallantrabbit

Just one more point...
anyone who also stands up to the top players is also great in my book. So many fall over leaving the dressing room and are 3-0 down before they feel remotely like a snooker player. This was big time too. Last 16 of the UK so signs are great. Players like Sunny will stop muppet talking about numpties.

Postby SnookerFan

gallantrabbit wrote:Just one more point...
anyone who also stands up to the top players is also great in my book. So many fall over leaving the dressing room and are 3-0 down before they feel remotely like a snooker player. This was big time too. Last 16 of the UK so signs are great. Players like Sunny will stop muppet talking about numpties.

Muppet147?

When does he ever let logic stop him talk marmite?

Postby vodkadiet

A great play on words BadSnookerPlayer. I don't rate Akani that highly. He wins by irritating opponents.

Postby SteveJJ

vodkadiet wrote:A great play on words BadSnookerPlayer. I don't rate Akani that highly. He wins by irritating opponents.

That may be the case but I don't think hes trying to be irritating to gain an advantage. It's up to the others not to be irritated by him.

Postby vodkadiet

SteveJJ wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:A great play on words BadSnookerPlayer. I don't rate Akani that highly. He wins by irritating opponents.

That may be the case but I don't think hes trying to be irritating to gain an advantage. It's up to the others not to be irritated by him.

I agree Steve. He just has a persona and playing style that will get him results by making his opponents play badly. Joe Perry got battered by Akani at The World qualifiers because of it.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

SteveJJ wrote:

I agree that he does not set out to win by irritating opponents. Who on earth are others to decide that they are irritated by somebody else' playing style. He is not a slow player.

I also think he has the potential and dedication to become a top 8 player.

Postby Holden Chinaski

I've only seen Akani play against Ronnie. He didn't seem slow or irritating to me. He was pretty good to watch in my opinion. His stance is very strange, probably the strangest and most awkward stance I've ever seen. He didn't seem to have much nerves and his bottle was good. I think he might be a star in the making.

I doesn't happen often the crowd starts cheering for the other guy instead of Ronnie.

Postby Dan-cat

Holden Chinaski wrote:I've only seen Akani play against Ronnie. He didn't seem slow or irritating to me. He was pretty good to watch in my opinion. His stance is very strange, probably the strangest and most awkward stance I've ever seen. He didn't seem to have much nerves and his bottle was good. I think he might be a star in the making.

I doesn't happen often the crowd starts cheering for the other guy instead of Ronnie.

+1

Postby kolompar

He's usually a grinder. His match with Fergal started in the morning session, was pulled off at 4-3 and was the second last match to finish that day.
But the good thing is he wasn't doing it against Ronnie, he went all out attacking and wasn't slow.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

kolompar wrote:He's usually a grinder. His match with Fergal started in the morning session, was pulled off at 4-3 and was the second last match to finish that day.
But the good thing is he wasn't doing it against Ronnie, he went all out attacking and wasn't slow.

Was Fergal not to blame for that?

Postby Alex0paul

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
kolompar wrote:He's usually a grinder. His match with Fergal started in the morning session, was pulled off at 4-3 and was the second last match to finish that day.

Sexy Fergal is never to blame.

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Sexy Fergal is never to blame.

Reported.

Postby TheSaviour

He´s solid yet rather strange.

But now, the people have finally run out the excuses of not having an interesting thai-player involved. The siege is finally over. That´s the price there is when nominating one country just solely crazy and rubbish. They just shouldn´t had done that. Now it is all over to them. They can´t keep up doing it anymore :D :D.

James already has been good enough. Sunny (Akani) is an other good one.