Topic locked

World Seniors Snooker Championship tickets on sale

Postby Monique

http://www.worldsnooker.com/PTC2_news%2 ... tm?tid=184
Your Chance To See Snooker Legends

Tickets are now on sale for the new World Seniors Snooker Championship, which will feature some of the greatest names in the history of the sport in a unique and intimate environment.
Former World Champions Steve Davis, Dennis Taylor, Cliff Thorburn, Joe Johnson, John Parrott, Ken Doherty and Peter Ebdon, as well as People’s Champion Jimmy White and winner of the qualifying tournament Nigel Bond, will compete in AN EVENT NOT TO BE MISSED!

It runs from November 5 to 7, 2011, at the Cedar Court Hotel in Bradford. For details on how to buy tickets, including information on special accommodation rates for ticket holders, click here http://www.worldsnooker.com/the_academy.htm

With many of the great names from the sport’s golden era in action, including several players who are still competitive on the professional tour, the snooker promises to be of the highest quality. And there’s plenty more to enjoy with autograph sessions, refreshments and John Virgo’s famous trick-shots included within certain ticket prices.

Six times World Champion Steve Davis said: “It will be a relaxed atmosphere and a celebration of snooker. It’s an opportunity for the players to entertain and enjoy the lighter touch. Having said that, there will be competitiveness among the players.”

And 1991 Crucible king John Parrott added: “It will be a great chance for fans to see some of their heroes who are perhaps not on the box as often as they used to be. There will be some great characters there and no doubt a lot of banter between the players and with the crowd. It will be a lot of fun for everyone and not to be missed by anyone who likes snooker. All of the guys were great champions in their day and they can still make breaks as well so there will be some good quality snooker played.”

Re: World Seniors Snooker Championship tickets on sale

Postby SnookerFan

If this was anywhere near me, I'd probably go. But Bradford is a bit far to go, especially when I have already seen Ken Doherty, Steve Davis, John Parrot and Peter Ebdon all play at least once, and in Davis and Doherty's case more then that...

Still these Legends events can be quite good if promoted right, and if this was in London, I'd go. Anybody else thinking of going, that lives up near Bradford? And will this be on Eurosport, do you think? It might be nice to watch at home?