Post a reply

Dafabet Northern Ireland Open Quarter Finals !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 20th ~ Sunday 26th of November at The Waterfront Hall, Belfast

Mark Williams is the only player left thats won a Ranking tournament and his last of 18 titles was way back in 2011 when the top 16 consisted of Stephen Hendry and Jamie Cope both no longer on the tour.

There are no fewer than 4 Chinese players in the last 8 and no Ding Junhui or Liang Wenbo in sight.

Can Yan Bingtao fullfill a promise at 17 years of age and win the title or can Mark Williams add to his tally of wins.

Can any of the others claim the title?

one way to find out and Watch the event to a conclusion, someone will be picking up the Alex Higgins Trophy but Who?

DRAW

Quarter-Finals

Yan Bingtao v Robert Milkins Never played before
Tian Pengfei v Lyu Haotian Tian pengfei leads 1-0
------------------------------------------------------------
Li Yuan v Elliot Slessor Never played before
Mike Dunn v Mark Williams Dunn leads 4-1

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Dafabet Northern Ireland Open Quarter Finals !!!

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Why are you awake at 430am?

I just couldn't wait to post on Snooker Island.

Do you set your alarm for 4:30 to get in a few more posts?

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I was so excited for Snooker Island, I woke up with a stiffy.

Postby TheSaviour

I wan´t Mark Williams to win this one.

I have heard Elliot Slessor has a hard attitude ;-) ;-) . As well as quite obviously Chris Wakelin has. I have also heard that now it is finally available. Mark Williams to win the tournament and almost everyone will be perfectly happy with it.

I am still sure the people are mistaken me as someone else. I haven´t miss a joke for years. That´s true. Or at least really close to be the truth.

Joe Perry once again made a perfect timing regarding coming an in-form. For some years now he has been the man to beat during the UK and the Masters. And why not the Worlds also. If thinking it like that. With a little twist which I still feel is a very much going on. It is just all about just letting these and those Mickey Mouse tournaments before the UK just to go past. Perhaps participating, perhaps not. But saving the best bits while it starts to count.

I think I have read about those Leicester´s famous ancient pigs.. And about the power of the region at the time. I don´t know what that has to do with the current snooker. Just a thought.

But you don´t need to accept everything. You really don´t have to. Just put a bit of a fight and the battle on if not really accepting what´s going on.

I am sure I have already many times warned you about Joe Perry. And how good break-builder he is when he comes to form. And warned you about the likes of Ronnie and Jimmy being a perfectly normal blokes who have just made a winning habit. But absolutely no shocks when they get ousted by the likes of Slessor or Wakelin. A bit of a stating the obvious now when it has already happened but at least I didn´t had any money on them.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I was so excited for Snooker Island, I woke up with a stiffy.

pmsl

Postby Dan-cat

Alex0paul wrote:Tian Pengfei has a bit of a bad boy past

http://www.newsgd.com/pictures/sports_p ... 070036.htm

This is a crazy story you posted Alex0. She got punished for coming forward? The her Dad tries to get her blocked from playing? Awful.

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:

This is a crazy story you posted Alex0. She got punished for coming forward? The her Dad tries to get her blocked from playing? Awful.

Should've gone to the authorities first before going to the media.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:

"Zhou's daughter, 19-year-old professional snooker player Zhou Mengmeng, was involved in a sexual harassment scandal during last December's Asian Games that has embarrassed the authorities and left her family enraged.

Zhou claimed she was sexually abused and beaten by male teammate Tian Pengfei in Doha.

In a surprise response measure, Chinese authorities elected to punish both athletes: Tian for his transgressions, and Zhou for approaching the press without due authorization."

I'm sort of with Dan. Yeah, okay, if she didn't go to the correct authorities first. But seems incredibly harsh to punish her, for voicing what happened.

Also, Tian Pengfei. What a bastard. Give him a good thrashing, I say.

Postby SnookerFan

I'll probably watch the Women's Football this evening. To watch the talent. (Footballing talent, obviously.)

Didn't see much of Shanghai. There's been snooker on every day for two weeks, I've barely watched it.

I'm getting a bit part-time, in my old age.

Postby LeonD123

SnookerFan wrote:
LeonD123 wrote:Btw, about Ronnie's match. I don't understand why he didn't try to play for snookers at 1-3.

26 dif, 18 on the table.

Drives me crazy.

Because Selby gets slaughtered every time he does it?

Well this is ridiculous. Fight til the end ffs.

Postby Pink Ball

SnookerFan wrote:
LeonD123 wrote:Btw, about Ronnie's match. I don't understand why he didn't try to play for snookers at 1-3.

26 dif, 18 on the table.

Drives me crazy.

Because Selby gets slaughtered every time he does it?

No he doesn't. Selby gets slaughtered for playing on for four, five, six, nineteen snookers.

Postby Andre147

Hoping for Bingtao v Pengfei semi and MJW v Yuan the other. Even MJW v Slessor wouldnt be bad.

I think Milkins v Bingtao today is going to be a cracker, wont take too long this one I dont think.