Post a reply

Re: Juss Sports Shanghai Masters Final !!!!!!

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Image

Great pic. I would argue that the (19) in brackets is superfluous here, being that he’s holding the trophy and it clearly shows the score.

I'd argue the picture is superflous, as they put his name on it.

This is a great debate. If others get involved, it would be a mass debate.

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:He was never in the slightest bit of trouble in the whole tournament was he really?

Never. The only time it seemed things could get close was when Higgins reduced to 3-2 down after Ronnie was unlucky in a shot. And when Higgins had a chance to go 4-3 but luckily Ronnie made a brilliant double.

Apart from that, no not really.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I just looked over the results Ronnie had last season. Just scrapping through all these tournaments and blowing big leads against journeyman...

http://cuetracker.net/players/ronnie-os ... ier,6-reds

Now compare this to the 2017/18 season:

King, Mavis, Holt.

This season the only really poor match he played was when he blew that 4-1 lead v Brecel. Had a great chance to win that tournament too.

Apart from that, he's been playing superb stuff.

Postby Andre147

Erza Scarlet wrote:Just saw the post match interview from Ronnie and he's feeling fatigue right now so yeah, I think he'll lose NI.

If he didn't win the EO I think he would've skipped NI after winning Shanghai.

Who wouldn't? He's just reached 2 back to back finals more than 1000 miles apart, so yeah who wouldn't? We saw how tired Selby was at the CoC, and even him hadn't played as much as Ronnie has.

Postby Cloud Strife

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I just looked over the results Ronnie had last season. Just scrapping through all these tournaments and blowing big leads against journeyman...

He's certainly rediscovered his puberty this season.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:

He's certainly rediscovered his puberty this season.

Are you accusing Ronnie of recently growing pubes?

Postby Snooker89

The point when I thought Ronnie would win the tournament was when he was playing Williams in the quarters. He just looked like the champion. i think the last time he has won an event in China may be as far back as 1999.Id love Ronnie and Judd to play each other in a World final.

Postby Andre147

Snooker89 wrote:The point when I thought Ronnie would win the tournament was when he was playing Williams in the quarters. He just looked like the champion. i think the last time he has won an event in China may be as far back as 1999.Id love Ronnie and Judd to play each other in a World final.

No.

he won this tournament in 2009, reached the final in 08 too.

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker89 wrote:The point when I thought Ronnie would win the tournament was when he was playing Williams in the quarters. He just looked like the champion. i think the last time he has won an event in China may be as far back as 1999.Id love Ronnie and Judd to play each other in a World final.

He won the 2009 Shanghai Masters.

Postby Andy Spark

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:TWITTER ATTACK

stephen hendry‏ @SHendry775

Looks like Ronnie is starting a bit of domination <APPLAUSE>

Like this?

Yes. Ronnie would have been very frustrated because I know deep down he wants to take every COC going; but in the SM it was Judd's turn to lie down and take punishment from Ronnie. :-)

Postby Wildey

It was 10-3 and a great performance from Ronnie to come here from coventry and win But the score could have been closer Judd had starts in framess nd instead making 70s he broke down on 40 and well against top players you cant do that and it was a rout.

But when top players meet that can happen and has happened before.

Now its interesting if Ronnie going to win the 4 nation Million plus the World and UK he will have to win 7 rankers in a season hes never won 4 before. and it will smash the record of 5.

Postby Andre147

Ronnie will never win the 4 Home Nations this season.Thats just impossible. If I had to guess, I'd say he loses in NI and Scotland, and maybe wins the Welsh Open.

As for the UK, well thats the one he really should aim big, hoping he goes 1 match better than last time.

Postby Snooker89

Andre147 wrote:

No.

he won this tournament in 2009, reached the final in 08 too.

My Mistake <ok>

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie is currently exactly in the form that is needed to win the World Championship. Hopefully he doesn't run out of steam until then. Because in the end that's the title that we and Ronnie want the most.

Thats the huge if isn't it...

Will Ronnie run out of steam come the Worlds?

If he doesnt win it, then I hope he wins 1 or 2 more rankers this season. The UK would be just perfect.

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie is currently exactly in the form that is needed to win the World Championship. Hopefully he doesn't run out of steam until then. Because in the end that's the title that we and Ronnie want the most.

Thats the huge if isn't it...

Will Ronnie run out of steam come the Worlds?

If he doesnt win it, then I hope he wins 1 or 2 more rankers this season. The UK would be just perfect.

I doubt he'll win the Worlds but I don't really care.

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:If he can win all Triple Crowns in this season

that would be some achievement

winning one is already an achievment, he's won at least one since 2012, and that is something that isn't given enough praise I think.

Postby TheRocket

Its all about intensity and eagerness. He's done it as good as he could have done in this tournament and that fist pump in the end summed it up.

Its almost impossible though to keep this intensity alive tournament after tournament and frame after frame. As long as he's doing it in the majors though he'll be the man to beat.

Postby Wildey

World Championship is a tottally different kettle of fish.

Last week in Coventry Hendry said when you have Jetlag you will either strugle or fly because in your mind you already got a good excuse why you lose so theres no pressure.