Post a reply

Favourite Sponsor

Postby Alex0paul

Aside from Embassy who has been your favourite sponsor of a snooker event?

I'd go Benson & Hedges for the lovely flowers around the table

Re: Favourite Sponsor

Postby Snooker89

Why can't the 3 biggest tournaments be sponsored by Chinese companies i.e the Vivo Uk Championship, Evergrande Masters and Huawei World Championship?

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker89 wrote:Why can't the 3 biggest tournaments be sponsored by Chinese companies i.e the Vivo Uk Championship, Evergrande Masters and Huawei World Championship?

I don't think there's anything stopping them.

Postby SnookerEd25

Lada. (classic)

& you got one for a 147.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Pukka Pies :-D

At least Pukka Pies weren't a betting company. <laugh>

I went to the one event they sponsored, the UK Championship in Telford. They send that dopey band out they have at England matches. Whilst I was queueing up, Mark King came out and they let him have a go on the drums. At least they had some presence at the arena. rofl (And the Meat And Potato pie I tried after the matches was nice.) <laugh>

The one that was truly awful was, I think, 12bet. (I think, it gets hard to keep up with all these betting companies.) Most gambing companies have a booth you can go and put a bet on with, live at the venue. With TVs showing live sports and results. This guy was literally just sat on a foldable chair with a cash box, and a white board next to him with odds he'd written on. <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Pukka Pies :-D

They sent the England football band to Telford.

Forgot this was an old thread. I just told the same anecdote twice. <laugh>

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Alex0paul wrote:I'd go Benson & Hedges for the lovely flowers around the table

Don't know why no one ever brought them back. Or the globes at the Crucible.