Post a reply

Juss Sports Shanghai Masters Quarter-Finals !!!!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Monday 13th - Saturday 18th of November at the Shanghai Grand Stage, China

So we are down to the Quarter-Finals, and after players won their Last 16 ties they have to play again for a place in the Semi-Finals, a rare occasion to have 2 Best of 9 matches on the same day.

We have Norway's Kurt Maflin up against Jack Lisowski, the latter who won a tight match good match v Mark Allen. Luca Brecel v Judd Trump meet again after their CoC match last week when Brecel annihilated him, Martin Gould v John Higgins, in a repeat of the 2015 Australian Open Final, and to finish it off we have 5 time World Champion Ronnie O'Sullivan, who seems in great form in this tournament and having no problems with jet lag, v another legend Mark Williams, the latter who finallly beats WN1 and World Champ Mark Selby in 2017.

Who will win their Quarter-Final matches and book a place in the one-table setup of this big prize money tournament?

Quarter-Finals

Kurt Maflin v Jack Lisowski Maflin leads 3-1
Luca Brecel v Judd Trump Trump leads 2-1
------------------------------------------------------------
John Higgins v Martin Gould Higgins leads 7-3
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Mark Williams O'Sullivan leads 30-11

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Juss Sports Shanghai Masters Quarter-Finals !!!!

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Andre147 wrote:Good tournament so far from Ronnie, especially after just returning from the UK. Never would have thought he could have such a busy shedulle of play.

Considering the streamrolling Ronnie had he shouldn be even mentally fatigued. Astonishing player. Selby had problems even though he flew over days before Ronnie. Higgins also adjusting very well.

Postby Andre147

MJW could very well beat Ronnie today, wouldn't surprise me actually, given he always plays his best in China as opposed to Ronnie, plus MJW's last win against came at the IC in 2014.

But Ronnie should win, for once he's playing well in the Far East.

Postby mantorok

Andre147 wrote:Good tournament so far from Ronnie, especially after just returning from the UK. Never would have thought he could have such a busy shedulle of play.

I reckon he's getting match sharp for the bigger tournaments coming up, wouldn't surprise me if he has a good run in the UK and wins the Masters again. The tournaments so far have been good for his game, which is nice to see because to be honest I thought he was on a slippery slope, but no he just comes back again to demonstrate he can still compete, I can't keep up sometimes!!

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Pink Ball wrote:If Selbo was doing what Sullivan has done in this tournament we'd never hear the end of it. Mind you, given that it's Sullivan doing it, we're even less likely to hear the end of it.

its the way of things they go about. Selby has my respect and an all time great.

But his style of play is just not appaling to me. He hasnt produced that much of peak snooker this season either.

But his B/C/D game is the best out there. No doubt.

Postby Andre147

OoNebsoO wrote:Morons work on Eurosport (continental at least). Re-spotted black, yet they go on commercial break.

Not the first time either. They often do that when it's respotted black. Clearly know little about Snooker.