Post a reply

Juss Sports Shanghai Masters Last 16 !!!!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Monday 13th - Saturday 18th of November at the Shanghai Grand Stage, China

It's the Last 16 stage and players who win this match will have to play the Quarter-Finals on the same day, so that the event ends on Saturday instead of the usual Sunday and players have one day more day to rest and travel to the UK.

We see Mark Allen and Luca Brecel keeping up their good form this season, whilst Stephen Maguire, who is desparate for good results, managed to beat Ali Carter 5-4 the previous round and now plays Judd Trump, an opponent he has a good record against.

We also have current World Champion and WN1 Mark Selby still in the competition, whilst legends John Higgins, Mark Williams and Ronnie O'Sullivan are still in it too, the latter having no apparent problems with jet lag.

Who shall win their respective matches and move into the Quarter-Finals?

Last 16

Mei Xiwen v Kurt Maflin Never played before
Mark Allen v Jack Lisowski Lisowski leads 2-1
Graeme Dott v Luca Brecel Tied at 1-1
Stephen Maguire v Judd Trump Maguire leads 13-9
------------------------------------------------------------
John Higgins v Liang Wenbo Higgins leads 8-0
Martin Gould v Marco Fu Fu leads 7-4
Barry Hawkins v Ronnie O'Sullivan O'Sullivan leads 10-2
Mark Williams v Mark Selby Selby leads 15-14

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Juss Sports Shanghai Masters Last 16 !!!!

Postby Andre147

OoNebsoO wrote:Why do the matches start at 4am, and not 6:30? They are still best of 9, and the second match still start at 11:30am...

Guess because of same people playing in both.

Lousy scheduling in any case.

Yes must be because they are back to back matches, and want to give players more time to rest.

The main reason they have 2 matches though is that play ends on Saturday.

Postby Andre147

Mags v Trump is an interesting one... Mags been in horrible form lately, he reached the Final of the Riga Masters but apart from that a shadow of a good player. But Mags has a good h2h against Trump, so he might beat him.

Wenbo also hasn't won yet v Higgins, but have a feeling he might record his first win tomorrow.

Also, hope that Ronnie gets some sort of revenge for the last encounter against Hawkins, and I do hope MJW manages to beat Selby this time... in 2017 he threw away that Masters match, their IC match recently and of course the China Open Final. MJW really should have won all 3. But I guess this is the case with MJW since 2011.
Last edited by Andre147 on 15 Nov 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:Maflin v Allen
Dott v Maguire
Higgins v Gould
O'Sullivan v Selby

surprised you dont wanna see Ronnie go out against Hawkins.. :chin:

Postby Alex0paul

Andre147 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Maflin v Allen
Dott v Maguire
Higgins v Gould
O'Sullivan v Selby

surprised you dont wanna see Ronnie go out against Hawkins.. :chin:

It's just my prediction

Postby Andre147

I don't think Dott will beat Luca.

Luca's in form recently, Dott isn't, yes things often don't work like that but I'd be surprised if Dott beat him.

Postby Andre147

Selby v MJW and Ronnie v Hawkins confirmed as the TV tables.

To be fair, there's many good matches here so it always going to be hard for them.

Postby Alex0paul

Andre147 wrote:I don't think Dott will beat Luca.

Luca's in form recently, Dott isn't, yes things often don't work like that but I'd be surprised if Dott beat him.

Brecel is one of the few top players I'd give Dott a decent chance of beating tbh.

Postby Cloud Strife

Alex0paul wrote:

Brecel is one of the few top players I'd give Dott a decent chance of beating tbh.

The old Dott, yes. This current version is even more reckless than Brecel who is pretty reckless himself.

Dott these days seems to be more preoccupied with being seen as a fast player than he is in actually winning snooker matches.

Postby Andre147

Dott's last great performance came at the 2013 IC when he reached the semis and lost 9-7 to Ding, but even then he was already playing fast.

Always liked his tenacity, but seems to have lost the plot as to whether he should be more cautious or attacking.

Postby Alex0paul

He looks set to drop out of the 32 this season once his German Masters semi points come off.

It pains me seeing such bang average players winning comps over the last few years and seeing Dott stuck on just 2.

Postby Pink Ball

Alex0paul wrote:He looks set to drop out of the 32 this season once his German Masters semi points come off.

It pains me seeing such bang average players winning comps over the last few years and seeing Dott stuck on just 2.

Dott sacrificed everything to not be seen as a grinder.

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:He looks set to drop out of the 32 this season once his German Masters semi points come off.

Honestly don't think he'll ever win another.

His best chance would be something like the Indian Open which has shorter format and anything can happen in that format.

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Why has Dott gone fast when he was successful before?

The two world finals he was involved in put millions to sleep and he quite rightly got a lot of stick for it. Maybe that affected him on a personal level.

He's also struck me as someone who's always had a bit of a chip on his shoulder. That BBC feature with him standing in a field with cows comes to mind straightaway. Cares too much about how others perceive him.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Cloud Strife wrote:

The two world finals he was involved in put millions to sleep and he quite rightly got a lot of stick for it. Maybe that affected him on a personal level.

He's also struck me as someone who's always had a bit of a chip on his shoulder. That BBC feature with him standing in a field with cows comes to mind straightaway. Cares too much about how others perceive him.

:hatoff:

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:

Yea your quite right why should he give a toss what some idiots (you) on Forums think of him <ok>

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Yea your quite right why should he give a toss what some idiots (you) on Forums think of him <ok>

To be fair to Cloud, he makes a decent point as far as I can see.

Postby snooky147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:

The old Dott, yes. This current version is even more reckless than Brecel who is pretty reckless himself.

Dott these days seems to be more preoccupied with being seen as a fast player than he is in actually winning snooker matches.

Actually strife everyone who says that is wrong. He's not doing it to let everyone see he's a fast player. He's trying to get some rhythm going. His only major problem is concentrating which in turn leads to the poor form. So, your right in saying Luca should beat him but I reckon IF the Graeme that showed up against Williams then he's got a fighting chance.

Postby snooky147

His natural game is quite fast like the 2010 style when he got to the final the third time but Robertson slowed it down completely and before anyone jumps on me I'm not saying it affected the result. Previous to that he got drawn into the slower type of playing, which he can still do if he has to.hopefully this answers you're questions.

Postby Wildey

Pink Ball wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

To be fair to Cloud, he makes a decent point as far as I can see.

Point is though he shouldn't care and play to win at all times.

my issue with Dott is he plays nothing safeties quickly the total opposite to Selby.

Selby gets stick for being slow but he plays attacking safeties where as Dott just wants to get the ball to balk

Postby Andre147

Doubt anyone here will be watching the Last 16 live... unless time zone isn't a problem...

I certainly won't, even if being Ronnie.

Hopefully when I wake up I see he won his match against Hawkins.

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

You're right, he shouldn't give a toss what anyone else thinks, whether that's the media, people on forums, opponents...whoever really. BUT it was always my impression that he did indeed give a toss about what others thought, hence him playing the way he did and saying some of the things he did.