Post a reply

Re: Does Andre care if Ronnie wins this?

Postby Dan-cat

As a Ronnie fan, I love that he's made this tournament almost his own - 2 wins and a final, and he sat one episode out. So yes I want him to storm in there and lay all those numpty-champs to waste.

The fact it's called the Champion of Champions is fitting, after all - that's exactly what he is. He is the king of CoC.

I do get Andre's point though that he would rather he won rankers, and if he did take the Irish the #onforamillion press buzz would be great for the sport.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:I do get Andre's point though that he would rather he won rankers, and if he did take the Irish the #onforamillion press buzz would be great for the sport.

I'm just winding him up. Andre's a good lad.

I probably repeat myself more on here than anybody else. So shouldn't really talk.

Postby Andre147

Cheers folks <ok>

No, I actually dont care much if he wins, because atm I'd rather see him win ranking events.

Him winning this one doesn't mean he wont win rankers this season anymore, just saying it's likely that if he goes out early here he is fresher for the NI Open and of course the UK Champs.

I'd like someone like Luca to win this. Hamilton would be fine too.

Postby hendry_fan

Andre147 wrote:Cheers folks <ok>

No, I actually dont care much if he wins, because atm I'd rather see him win ranking events.

Him winning this one doesn't mean he wont win rankers this season anymore, just saying it's likely that if he goes out early here he is fresher for the NI Open and of course the UK Champs.

I'd like someone like Luca to win this. Hamilton would be fine too.

Funny thread SF!. <laugh>

For those of you who don,t know,i also had a wee dig at Andre not long ago,i canny remember exactly what i wrote,but it was along the lines of Andre writing that he was,nt bovered that J Higgins got to 29 ranking titles first.

I wrote along the lines that i,m sure he is bl**dy bovered!. :-D

As far as this COC thing is concerned,well,this time i do believe that he won,t be bovered if Ronnie does,nt win it,although,i have a sneaky feelin that he might be a <bit> bovered. :roll:

In sayin that,i,m sure he,ll be less bovered if Ronnie does,nt win this COC tourney,compared with his boverness when Ronnie fails to win when he competes in a ranking tourney. :chin: ;-) <laugh>

Postby Dan-cat

HF, did you visit during the site black out and think it had gone forever? I was worried we'd lost you during that time. I wonder how many we have lost due to that outage. It seems to be pretty strong again and I for one have a renewed appreciation for Snookerisland. A bit like when a relationship breaks up... Joni Mitchell said it best... 'on and on it seems to go, you don't know what you've got till it's gone'

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:HF!! It's been a while. Hello dude :)

'compared with his boverness' hahaha

Hallo dear D-c!,

Aye,it,s indeed been a while!,hope your doin fine?.

I was on holiday,i did a tour of England n Wales,was bl**dy freezin cold,the food was horrible,the pubs were dire,hardly any good lookin women about,there were bucketfulls of numptys millin around,i was,nt impressed at all,i won,t be bovering going back,it,s great to be back in Bonnie Scotland. :happy: :-D

I actually did miss Snooker Island tbh,so it,s great to be back. :emb: :happy:

I went for a few frames of Snooker yesterday,i had,nt picked up a cue for about 5 weeks,i lost 5-2 to one o the best players in my club,but i was very pleased with my play,i actually knocked in two 20+ breaks,in fact,both were exactly 22 and one of those 22,s was a terrific clearence,one of the best i,ve ever done,i pinched the frame by just 1 point thanx to it,was chuffed as a butty!. :clap:

Postby Dan-cat

ahhh man pinching frames by clearing up the last few colours is one of my favourite things ever!!! I did the same on Monday to my mate who had lead by 20+ points the whole frame and was cruising. It's so obvious, but I simply focus more when it's down to the last few colours and potted some screamers. Obviously if I used the same care and attention throughout the early parts of the frame I would score a lot more heavily...

Lololololz your review of the our fair isle!!! Where did you get to??

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:ahhh man pinching frames by clearing up the last few colours is one of my favourite things ever!!! I did the same on Monday to my mate who had lead by 20+ points the whole frame and was cruising. It's so obvious, but I simply focus more when it's down to the last few colours and potted some screamers. Obviously if I used the same care and attention throughout the early parts of the frame I would score a lot more heavily...

Lololololz your review of the our fair isle!!! Where did you get to??

Good on ya D-c!!,it,s a wuuuuunderful feelin innit!,puuuure adrenaline,puuuure satisfaction!!,for me it,s a rare occurrance doing a clearence,(bar making 18 ones,the blue,pink n black),so thats what made it even more special. :happy:

I was jokein tbph that i went to England n Wales,i would,nt even got there if i was paid to go. ;-) :-D

I did go on holiday though,i went to Switzerland,i have some relatives there,a Very Bonnie place,i have to say,i did,nt see Alex Ursenbacher though. :-)

Postby Dan-cat

Swissenbacher! Yup, Switzerland is ace. I visited Bern often (the capital) as had a Swiss girlfriend for four years. They make you cook your own lunch though wtf!! I ordered raclet, and a mini-grill turns up on the table with the vegetables and cheese and bread and you have to cook it yourself! If I'd wanted to do that I would have stayed at home and cooked for myself! Restaurant, you had one job - make me lunch! :)

<awaits slaying for mentioning a girlfriend!>

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:HF, did you visit during the site black out and think it had gone forever? I was worried we'd lost you during that time. I wonder how many we have lost due to that outage. It seems to be pretty strong again and I for one have a renewed appreciation for Snookerisland. A bit like when a relationship breaks up... Joni Mitchell said it best... 'on and on it seems to go, you don't know what you've got till it's gone'

I was,nt sure what to think tbh,but i did check in for a good few days/weeks in a row,i was like,WTF!,i was extremely bovered!!.

So of course i was hopin that it was only gonna be a temp blackout/shut down,so i was,nt that surprised when it suddenly came back on. :clap:

It really would,ve been a BIG shame if it really was the end of Snooker Island,there,s been bucketfulls of wunderful banter,expertise opinions,dicussions,arguements,bucketfulls of toys thrown outta prams over the years,but at the end of the day,we,ve had a more fun,joy than not and we are especially bonded due to our :love: for snooker,we,ve become a bit of a family,many familys even have squabbles sometimes,this forum beats BIG brother any day!. <laugh>

Joni M hit the nail on the head,you indeed don,t know what you,ve got till it,s gone!!,how very true,how verrrry true!.

<ok> :cracker: SNOOKER ISLAND!. :cracker: <ok>

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:I actually did miss Snooker Island tbh,so it,s great to be back. :emb: :happy:

Who are you again?

I,m back,hope you aint disappointed!. :chin: :-D

Although,i won,t be on as much as bfore,got a good few things to catch up on. :-)

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Swissenbacher! Yup, Switzerland is ace. I visited Bern often (the capital) as had a Swiss girlfriend for four years.

bucking hell, Dan. You got some sort of ambassadorial role?

Postby hendry_fan

Pink Ball wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:I do get Andre's point though that he would rather he won rankers, and if he did take the Irish the #onforamillion press buzz would be great for the sport.

I'm just winding him up. Andre's a good lad.

Andre is the forum gentleman. :hatoff:

Andres an ok geezer,although,sometimes i just canny be bovered with him. ;-) :-D

Postby Dan-cat

hendry_fan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:HF, did you visit during the site black out and think it had gone forever? I was worried we'd lost you during that time. I wonder how many we have lost due to that outage. It seems to be pretty strong again and I for one have a renewed appreciation for Snookerisland. A bit like when a relationship breaks up... Joni Mitchell said it best... 'on and on it seems to go, you don't know what you've got till it's gone'

It really would,ve been a BIG shame if it really was the end of Snooker Island,there,s been bucketfulls of wunderful banter,expertise opinions,dicussions,arguements,bucketfulls of toys thrown outta prams over the years,but at the end of the day,we,ve had a more fun,joy than not and we are especially bonded due to our :love: for snooker,we,ve become a bit of a family,many familys even have squabbles sometimes,this forum beats BIG brother any day!. <laugh>

Well said HF sir

:hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff: