Post a reply

Basildon United remove Bingham's name

Postby SnookerFan

BASILDON United have renamed The Stuart Bingham Stadium following the snooker player’s ban for breaching betting rules.

Bingham was banned for six months following an investigation by the World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association.

Essex Senior League side Basildon renamed their ground following Bingham’s victory in the 2015 World Championship final.

But Bees chairman Lee Connor said the Bowers Gifford player’s name would be disassociated from the club – although only in the short term.

“I have spoken to Stuart over the weekend and he has decided that he would like his name taken off of the stadium,” said Connor.

“He knows we are pushing for promotion and have sponsors to think about and he doesn’t want anything to affect that.

“I want to emphasise that it is a short term thing. For the time being the ground will be named The Sourcing Coins Stadium, which is the name of my company.

“We will re-evaluate next season.

“Myself and (owner) Dave Maxwell back Stuart as a friend but we must look at it from a business perspective and we all came to this decision.

“It shows the kind of guy Stuart is. We could have removed it but we have spoken on a personal note and arrived at this decision.”

Bingham, 41, has apologised for breaching the rules and is set to return to the tour at the end of January 2018, with half of his six month ban suspended.

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/156427 ... ooker_ban/

Re: Basildon United remove Bingham's name

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:Alison Moyet is from Basildon. Why not have her name instead of Bingham's. She is far more talented.

I'll take you word for it. I don't really know who she is.

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Alison Moyet is from Basildon. Why not have her name instead of Bingham's. She is far more talented.

..and Depeche Mode.
You could have the Depeche Mode Stand opposite the Yazoo stand.

I just can't get enough.

Postby vodkadiet

Badsnookerplayer wrote:

..and Depeche Mode.
You could have the Depeche Mode Stand opposite the Yazoo stand.

Yes, and 'Everything counts in large amounts......'