Post a reply

Re: Will Mark Allen win another ranker?

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:Mark Allen is a future world champion. His time will surely come.

Has the talent, the game and the bottle to win it, but how many of them had that and never became World Champs?

I hope he does at least win one of the Triple Crown events.

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I think he has lost the edge that saw him win events. By no means is it impossible, but I think he is becoming less and less likely to win another.

Suffering from depression certainly hasn't helped.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Cloud Strife wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:I think he has lost the edge that saw him win events. By no means is it impossible, but I think he is becoming less and less likely to win another.

I wasn't aware of that, and in no way meant to denigrate him as a person. I have been surprised that he has not won more but that must be tough.

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:

I know he had depression 6 or 7 years ago, but nothing about his present appearance would suggest he's left it behind.

Postby TheSaviour

He well can.

It is completely his won fault if and when he has deluded himself to believe he can´t do it anymore. Too many weapons, too many estimations. Even when overally it is that much highly quality than they can´t live it. No free space.

Luckily there are people who hasn´t deluded themselves. They can only strike back, and to fire again.

Mark Allen has already gave his absolute best. There hasn´t been and there won´t be any evidence that he has not. He still can do it again. He at least knows that the tomorrow always arrives. Now it is official also. He is a very good player.

The end of the story.

Postby TheRocket

Fairly sure he will. Far too many ranking tournaments out there not win one. So the real question is whether Allen will win one of the Triple Crown events one day. Thats where he has really underachieved so far.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:I thought it was common knowledge. It was discussed at length on this forum.

I never now stuff that everybody else does.

On another forum I use, I got hassle for not knowing who Harry Styles was.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Fairly sure he will. Far too many ranking tournaments out there not win one. So the real question is whether Allen will win one of the Triple Crown events one day. Thats where he has really underachieved so far.

Yes, with rankers like the Indian Open for instance it's almost impossible to see Allen not winning another one. But, like you say, remains to be seen if he can win one of the TC events. A player of his talent should have had a couple at least by now, but the same can be said of so many players.

Trump has only won one back in 2011.